GDT: Sens @ Devils 7PM

Devils01

The only reason I will continue to watch with any interest is to see how Jack , Nico , Goose and Boqvist do for the rest of the year. 

How this team could have killed of any interest or possible hope of the playoffs by early November is truly spectacular. 

• Like 3

It’s hard to wake in the middle of the night and see this- I don’t know is this a try to catch another first pick or players try to drain out of Hynes. But some of you spend your money and I’m compationating to you. When the day will come and shero will do his dirty job - it will be psychological change at first and this team will play better and more stable. 

They need this psychological change at first. This team should play better and win.

8 hours ago, sundstrom said:

tonight was the night. after 20 years - tonight was when i finally said - that's it on seasons. i have the rest of the season to go but i can't do this anymore.

even if they had won this game tonight, it was the most boring slog i've ever seen. nobody wanted to be there. the sens. the devils. the fans - nobody. it was just not fun in any way.

but of course they didn't win. they lost - just like they've been losing all year and pretty much for the last 5 years aside from 2 years ago. it sucks, but the team is rotten.

taylor hall is as checked out as can be - between flying the zone - not back checking and waiting for a turnover at the blue line (which worked once in 5 tries and still he did nothing on the breakaway), and turning over the puck at every opportunity - he was just awful.

there were no legs on anybody tonight. how do you only put 24 shots on an ottawa team that consistenly yields the most shots in the league.

just gross - and so unbelievably upsetting. i wish i could just be numb to this but it still sucks to be so invested in this team when they don't give you anything to be excited for 6 weeks into the season.

i've been trying to, lately, sleep on all games and readjust in the morning as to how I feel about the previous night - and this one is really fvcking bad. 

No legs. That's coaching.

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, Gunslinger27 said:

11/14/19 : 17 Games in, and we are 5-8-4 . 

After this  Tennyson experiment , I think I'm ready for  some JOSH JACOBS. 

I’d really pretty much give anyone in Albany a chance at this point. Tennyson isn’t doing much.  I can’t say Blackwood was not at fault on that first goal, he’s got to get to the post and he didn’t, but Tennyson was standing right there and couldn’t neutralize his man. He was completely ineffective. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, slasher72 said:

I have a feeling Shero will not only keep Hynes this entire year, but he will retain him next year too. Shero is extremely loyal/stubborn toward his employees and doesnt care about the fans' opinions on this. 

That's not what bothers me - I don't get if he doesn't give a sh!t about our opinions - it's the fact that HE doesn't believe Hynes should be fired that's the real issue here.  If I sat here and said I thought, for whatever reason, that Mackenzie Blackwood was just the worst goalie ever, and I wanted him permanently sent to the minors, then yeah, Shero shouldn't give a damn because not only am I just a fan and my/our opinions don't matter, but that take is just flat our WRONG, because we all know Blackwood is pretty damn good. But in this case, it's blatantly obvious to EVERYONE, that Hynes needs to go.  Shero should be able to see this, regardless of what the fans think.  If we the fans wanted to keep Hynes, because he gave us a million dollars, it still shouldn't matter.  If Shero values winning above all else, he needs to fire Hynes.  The guy has been given ample chances, and this season is almost wasted, if it isn't already.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

That's not what bothers me - I don't get if he doesn't give a sh!t about our opinions - it's the fact that HE doesn't believe Hynes should be fired that's the real issue here.  If I sat here and said I thought, for whatever reason, that Mackenzie Blackwood was just the worst goalie ever, and I wanted him permanently sent to the minors, then yeah, Shero shouldn't give a damn because not only am I just a fan and my/our opinions don't matter, but that take is just flat our WRONG, because we all know Blackwood is pretty damn good. But in this case, it's blatantly obvious to EVERYONE, that Hynes needs to go.  Shero should be able to see this, regardless of what the fans think.  If we the fans wanted to keep Hynes, because he gave us a million dollars, it still shouldn't matter.  If Shero values winning above all else, he needs to fire Hynes.  The guy has been given ample chances, and this season is almost wasted, if it isn't already.

I suspect Shero values loyalty above all else, including winning hockey games. He did in Pittsburgh until ownership had had enough and fired him. We'll see what happens...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, HellOnICE said:

i've been trying to, lately, sleep on all games and readjust in the morning as to how I feel about the previous night - and this one is really fvcking bad. 

No legs. That's coaching.

This is almost EXACTLY how I feel.  I really don't have many words to react or comment on last night's loss. It was as prototypical Devils over the last 5 years as it comes.  A pretty bad Sens team, depleted and banged up roster, playing back in front of our home crowd, our better/best goalie in net, we strike early and score first...………………………………………………………………………….only to lose the game in regulation after having the lead with 5 minutes to go.

It's SAME damn movie because we have the SAME director. It's like when Hollywood keeps coming out with multiple cheap flicks that are boring and predictable, because the guy in the director's chair isn't creative and can't produce anything worth watching.  

Get a new fvcking producer/director and the result might be different.  In this case get a new coach and you might start to hold some leads. 

Edited by NJDfan1711
  • Like 2

They came out really well - scored the first goal, almost got the second immediately after, shift after shift in the Ottawa zone.  But after about midway through the second period they just played defensive hockey the rest of the game, pretty much - a few shifts in Ottawa's end but not a whole lot, and Ottawa finally came to life at the end of the 2nd period.  Then through the third, they were playing a solid road game at home, gave up a few chances but nothing incredible, then one goes in, then they just folded.  I don't think the Devils had a scoring chance for the rest of the game after Ottawa tied it, and Ottawa had 3 good looks.

PP1 is built around Taylor Hall and he's not performing.  They're not giving him the right opportunities - he should be closer to the blueline, probably - but he has been bad there all year. 

Hynes (and ostensibly Fitzgerald) have this team playing a tight-checking game.  They're doing okay at it, but they're not generating enough offense.  They're not forcing enough turnovers in the opponent's end or in the neutral zone.

12 minutes ago, Triumph said:

They came out really well - scored the first goal, almost got the second immediately after, shift after shift in the Ottawa zone.  But after about midway through the second period they just played defensive hockey the rest of the game, pretty much - a few shifts in Ottawa's end but not a whole lot, and Ottawa finally came to life at the end of the 2nd period.  Then through the third, they were playing a solid road game at home, gave up a few chances but nothing incredible, then one goes in, then they just folded.  I don't think the Devils had a scoring chance for the rest of the game after Ottawa tied it, and Ottawa had 3 good looks.

PP1 is built around Taylor Hall and he's not performing.  They're not giving him the right opportunities - he should be closer to the blueline, probably - but he has been bad there all year. 

Hynes (and ostensibly Fitzgerald) have this team playing a tight-checking game.  They're doing okay at it, but they're not generating enough offense.  They're not forcing enough turnovers in the opponent's end or in the neutral zone.

Hall is not a playmaker, although he plays halfwall on PP. Not sure why left shot plays on that side. He gets all of his passes picked off. Apparently he (Hall) doesn't have an Ovie like one timer.  Yes, Palms (righty) is on opposite side? Who is running PP.  When 86 is on #1 PP unit, he is a playmaker & great passing skills. 

3 minutes ago, vadvlfan said:

Hall is not a playmaker, although he plays halfwall on PP. Not sure why left shot plays on that side. He gets all of his passes picked off. Apparently he (Hall) doesn't have an Ovie like one timer.  Yes, Palms (righty) is on opposite side? Who is running PP.  When 86 is on #1 PP unit, he is a playmaker & great passing skills. 

He played great on the boards there the year we made the playoffs. I am not sure why they are not revisiting the things that worked that year. This is basically the same type of team, just with more skill. The only thing that is different is that the goaltenders have been weaker, but Blackwood has stepped it up in recent games so even that isn't much of an excuse. 

I was going to buy tickets to go to the bell Center for Saturday’s game but after what we saw last night I hope they lose back to back games. Also, if Hynes is still around after This weekend which I’m sure we’ll lose the next 2 I’m done until he’s fired this. You all can hit me up at 5147855508 and let me know once he’s fired. Enough is enough of this circus we’ve witnessed for the past month and a half

heads up you might get charged long distance charges.

peace out. Oh and NHL I’m cancelling my center ice package you can thank the NJD

Edited by Devils01

42 minutes ago, Triumph said:

i thought they were dead after about 15 minutes in the first. again - no energy from anyone in Newark.

40 minutes ago, Triumph said:

What are your thoughts about moving Hall to the right circle and letting in be the shooter he is supposed to be? I think he’s  neutralized completely in the left circle, no one is afraid of him and, aside from feeding Hughes here and there, he isn’t making smart decisions either.

As for coaching, I bitched last week that the coach adjusts, and yet, as you pointed out, they were flying and he pulled back on the reins. I will never understand what goes through Hynes’ head with this team. You have a squad that cannot close out tight games at home, let the dogs loose and bury a team. But no, he goes conservative and their little a$$holes pucker and the of course choke, this time to quite literally one of the worst teams in the game, especially with the number of injuries they had. That was an old days expansion roster they played last night and they were dominated when it mattered.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jagknife said:

What are your thoughts about moving Hall to the right circle and letting in be the shooter he is supposed to be? I think he’s  neutralized completely in the left circle, no one is afraid of him and, aside from feeding Hughes here and there, he isn’t making smart decisions either.

As for coaching, I bitched last week that the coach adjusts, and yet, as you pointed out, they were flying and he pulled back on the reins. I will never understand what goes through Hynes’ head with this team. You have a squad that cannot close out tight games at home, let the dogs loose and bury a team. But no, he goes conservative and their little a$$holes pucker and the of course choke, this time to quite literally one of the worst teams in the game, especially with the number of injuries they had. That was an old days expansion roster they played last night and they were dominated when it mattered.

Not to mention, they only had 3 guys total on the team that were showing a pulse and they couldn't manage to keep one of them from scoring 3.

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

Not to mention, they only had 3 guys total on the team that were showing a pulse and they couldn't manage to keep one of them from scoring 3.

Well when you put Matt fvcking Tennyson on him, I guess you’re literally begging him to pot a trick against your squad full of eunuchs.

What were the odds on Pageau potting a trick last night, 1,000,000 to 1? Someone check all of the team’s FanDuel accounts. They might have just gotten Christmas bonuses early.

Pathetic bunch of bitches.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Well when you put Matt fvcking Tennyson on him, I guess you’re literally begging him to pot a trick against your squad full of eunuchs.

What were the odds on Pageau potting a trick last night, 1,000,000 to 1? Someone check all of the team’s FanDuel accounts. They might have just gotten Christmas bonuses early.

Pathetic bunch of bitches.

Let the hate flow through you; feel the power of the dark side.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

i thought they were dead after about 15 minutes in the first. again - no energy from anyone in Newark.

The Devils controlled the play at the beginning of the 2nd, too.  I don't have a shot count, but they were +6 Corsi between the beginning of that period and around the halfway mark.  Natural Stat Trick rates that period of the game as having around +1 expected goals for the Devils as well.

38 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Hall is not a shooter.  If you want him to take one-timers, he is not your man - he rarely attempts one-timers (imo, could be wrong on this) and is bad at them when he does.  He's a hard player to use properly on the power play because his main skill is using his speed to cause defenders to be out of position, and this is just not something that good power plays are traditionally built on.  The Devils found a way in 2017-18 to use this to their advantage but haven't found it since.

I don't attribute the team 'going conservative' to Hynes per se - that's the system he has them playing, but he obviously couldn't be happy with the way the 3rd period was played.  I don't think he changed anything significant during the game - it's something that happens in the course of a game, generally - teams that are ahead tend to play safe.  This was just incredibly safe, and then when the game got tied, they just lost their way.

1 hour ago, Devils01 said:

I was going to buy tickets to go to the bell Center for Saturday’s game but after what we saw last night I hope they lose back to back games. Also, if Hynes is still around after This weekend which I’m sure we’ll lose the next 2 I’m done until he’s fired this. You all can hit me up at 5147855508 and let me know once he’s fired. Enough is enough of this circus we’ve witnessed for the past month and a half

peace out. Oh and NHL I’m cancelling my center ice package you can thank the NJD

Epic. 

But for the new rules, we’d all be obligated to text him pictures of our junk. 

Edited by mfitz804

14 minutes ago, Triumph said:

The Devils controlled the play at the beginning of the 2nd, too.  I don't have a shot count, but they were +6 Corsi between the beginning of that period and around the halfway mark.  Natural Stat Trick rates that period of the game as having around +1 expected goals for the Devils as well.

Hall is not a shooter.  If you want him to take one-timers, he is not your man - he rarely attempts one-timers (imo, could be wrong on this) and is bad at them when he does.  He's a hard player to use properly on the power play because his main skill is using his speed to cause defenders to be out of position, and this is just not something that good power plays are traditionally built on.  The Devils found a way in 2017-18 to use this to their advantage but haven't found it since.

I don't attribute the team 'going conservative' to Hynes per se - that's the system he has them playing, but he obviously couldn't be happy with the way the 3rd period was played.  I don't think he changed anything significant during the game - it's something that happens in the course of a game, generally - teams that are ahead tend to play safe.  This was just incredibly safe, and then when the game got tied, they just lost their way.

Not looking for one timers, but more of the get the puck and then wire a snap/wrister top shelf like he did so often in 17-18. And he did a lot of that from the right side. To me, he looks incredibly awkward on the left, as if a lot of the passes handcuff him, then he has to get back to the strong side of his stick to get it moving again. The team as a whole is slow to move the puck on the PP The past few games and teams are getting more and more aggressive towards the puck carrier. I think if we’d move hall to the other circle, his ease of shooting, again not one timers, should open some space as teams have to account for a faster shot from him. Just my take.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

"I am here because John Hynes think I am worse than those guys"

Sad to say--real sad, actually, but just like last year it is a blessing that he isn't on the team this year going though this as a 20 yo and blaming himself. I'd rather him be winning sh!t and tearing it up in the WHL again then to just come be another loser.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Devils01 said:

Putting your phone # on a public forum is a power move.

• Like 1