GDT - Devils @ Sabres 12/2/19 7:00 PM

NJDfan1711

After Saturday, there's not much to make me think we won't lose 7-2 to this team again.  

It's hard for me to really care or think things will be any different since Hynes still hasn't been fired.  I mean, there's just nothing else left to say.  This will probably be my last gameday thread of the year, as there's really no desire left in me to keep hoping and thinking something will change when Shero and/or other management won't make a change themselves.  They're showing they don't care, so why should I?

Anyway, Let's Go Devils, or whatever. 

19 minutes ago, HellOnICE said:

I'll be following via NHL APP, I can't bring myself to watch this crap. 90 Day Fiance is on the TLC GO app :P 

Oh man, my wife watches that...there's people on that show that make me want to put my fist, foot, and head through the TV in one fell swoop...so much so that I'll almost yell "How the hell do you WATCH this CRAP?!"

...then I realize that I often feel the exact same way when I watch the Devils these days...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Oh man, my wife watches that...there's people on that show that make me want to put my fist, foot, and head through the TV in one fell swoop...so much so that I'll almost yell "How the hell do you WATCH this CRAP?!"

...then I realize that I often feel the exact same way when I watch the Devils these days...

My father and his wife watch it too... they've tried to get me to watch it and sometimes reference it, but I refuse. 

7 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

My father and his wife watch it too... they've tried to get me to watch it and sometimes reference it, but I refuse. 

My wife watches her share of trainwreck TV...all the Bachelor/Bachelorette crap, 90-Day Fiance, etc.  I really don't know what to say about those shows...I can't really watch for more than 15 minutes without either getting annoyed with the show itself, or my wife for watching.  So I pretty much give her a wide berth...

...much like she does with me when I'm losing my sh!t over the Devils, Mets, or Patriots.  Between the Devils on Saturday and the Pats last night, I was in pretty rare form.

Anyway,

LGMFD!

Fire Hynes please (maybe if I ask nicely...)

9 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Do whatever, I want them to win cause I hate Buffalo but seriously do whatever.

I’m done being optimistic, I’m at that phase where I’m numb or angry.

Yeah, the loss to the Rangers was brutal.  TBH this is one of those nights that I want to "take off"...but I won't.  I'm sure I will be watching.  I won't be able to help myself. 

It's funny, I would love to hear something anything out of Shero, just to know what he's thinking...but I couldn't tell you what I'd want to hear that he would ever actually say.  Not like he's going to say "DBA is on a short leash, dontcha worry, a couple more losses and he's outta here!" 

Last season he admitted that he expected some struggles last season when he finally spoke up, and I defended him on not dipping into the UFA pool in 2018, and wanting to evaluate what he already had in house.  But the way this year has gone clearly was never a part of the plan...this wasn't supposed to happen AGAIN.  I know there's no miracle deal coming that's going to magically right everything at once (though I am curious to see what Hall will bring back...I'm not only sure that he's getting dealt away, I'm actually quite fine with that now), but I wish I could just skip ahead to when both Hall and Hynes are gone...and see what came of that. 

• Like 1

I

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

This is actually borderline hysterical. The guy who couldn’t even get into a game is now on the first line. 

It's Hynes only answer to adversity. Shuffle the deck & offer up a prayer to the hockey gods that he'll eventually hit on some combinations that'll work. I bet Hall can't wait to play with the two guys that have only just returned from a benching for showing not a whole lot of offense.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Hall demoted to the 3rd line.... sure?

77274409_2493258264284503_2863305476194435072_n.thumb.jpg.61e1086e1996e1b6e347408534f76245.jpg

If I had any form of Photoshop skills I would post a picture of Hynes as Ash from Pokémon with the caption "line combinations, gotta try them all" .  But I don't possess those skills so , you know, just imagine it in your head. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

If I had any form of Photoshop skills I would post a picture of Hynes as Ash from Pokémon with the caption "line combinations, gotta try them all" .  But I don't possess those skills so , you know, just imagine it in your head. 

I do have those skills but you described it with such passion that you perfectly mentally painted the image for us

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

This is actually borderline hysterical. The guy who couldn’t even get into a game is now on the first line. 

I picture a dartboard with 12 forwards on it.  Hynes gets three darts and that's one line...his players come off.  Nas is up next with three darts of his own...then Kowalsky...then Grier (who doesn't need to shoot because there's only three forwards left on the board, but fvck it, he takes his shots anyway).

And there's your line combos.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I picture a dartboard with 12 forwards on it.  Hynes gets three darts and that's one line...his players come off.  Nas is up next with three darts of his own...then Kowalsky...then Grier (who doesn't need to shoot because there's only three forwards left on the board, but fvck it, he takes his shots anyway).

And there's your line combos.

It's really fvcking amazing...I mean, Boqvist goes from being scratched on and off, and then catapults to the top line.  Seriously, like, what? :lol:  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

It's really fvcking amazing...I mean, Boqvist goes from being scratched on and off, and then catapults to the top line.  Seriously, like, what? :lol:  

And what's kinda funny/sad is if the Devils win 3-2 but get outshot 40-22 and get as outplayed as that shot disparity would suggest...he'll come right back with that lineup the next night.  And if they then lose 4-2 but play better than they did in winning 3-2...Hynes & Co will go right back to the dartboard. 

Not saying that the players are blameless in any of this, but it sure seems like the coach has no answers at all...why allow this to continue? 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 3

its not a dart board, they rate each players last game 1-4

i was wondering why this hasnt happend until now.

i never ever rooted against my team until hall made that stupid gesture to his own fans...stupid fuk now i want the devs to lose the next 4 straight sorry guys who give a fuk.

i rooting my team even though they are losing and then hall makes everyone look stupid " i cant hear you" i wish i could let it go but no.