Training Camp 2021-22

Devil Dan 56

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

You actually read all that??

Someone should check his urethra to be sure. I volunteer you to check. 

44 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

How's this for embarrassing, we are 1 of 7 teams who aren't even doing the bare minimum of requiring fans to wear masks. Such a joke of an organization... 

At least we aren’t the only ones. 

37 minutes ago, titans04 said:

"Doing research" at this point? I wonder what he would be researching and where he would be looking at this stage in the game. Did camp and preseason sneak up on him?  Maybe he's been talking with known expert Kyrie Irving?

Preseason always sneaks up on guys, how often does a guy get surgery in the late summer and you’re like dude, they do surgery in May, you should’ve done that. 

17 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

From that article:

Blackwood said he's now "100% healthy" from COVID-19 -- although he did have offseason surgery on a heel, from which he's recovering -- and had no further complications from his illness during the offseason.

Who wants to subscribe to my Devils news onlyfans?

@MB3just ordered a huge vat of lube through the Amazon referral link. 

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Pretty much every Devils FB group are deleting any comments regarding the vaccine.  It just starts fights from both sides.

Regardless of where you stand, the Devils should have least some sort of protocols.  The vaccine or test one would allow anyone to attend and provide some sort of protection.  However, "muh freedoms" crowd being pretty loud along with our owners trying to maximize profits aren't helping things.

I mod another message board and we have had that rule over there since day one. We tried to modify it a couple times, but it always caused problems. It even led to the site’s founder calling me “disappointing” and stomping away like a petulant child. 

42 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Pretty much every Devils FB group are deleting any comments regarding the vaccine.  It just starts fights from both sides.

Regardless of where you stand, the Devils should have least some sort of protocols.  The vaccine or test one would allow anyone to attend and provide some sort of protection.  However, "muh freedoms" crowd being pretty loud along with our owners trying to maximize profits aren't helping things.

It meets the intent which I'm sure would make a ton of people very happy. Hell, just make it a blanket negative test and be done with it. Vaccinated can still carry, transmit and get COVID, so this way EVERYONE is on the same playing field. Oh, you didn't know you had COVID but you popped positive, crisis and outbreak prevented. You're welcome, Prudential Center.

At this point, I'm willing to a lot if I can stop wearing a freaking mask to work.

23 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I mean, I can rephrase that.  I don't think it's right to tell someone they aren't a team player because they don't want to compromise their personal health choices.

One of my biggest pet peeves - if not the biggest - with this whole so-called debate is the whole vaccine being a personal choice meme.  Because it doesn't just affect you personally when you're dealing with a contagious virus, it affects all the people you come into contact with.  And that's not even getting into how Blackwood's 'personal choice' affects the team on the ice and in off-ice interactions given NHL protocols.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

One of my biggest pet peeves - if not the biggest - with this whole so-called debate is the whole vaccine being a personal choice meme.  Because it doesn't just affect you personally when you're dealing with a contagious virus, it affects all the people you come into contact with.  And that's not even getting into how Blackwood's 'personal choice' affects the team on the ice and in off-ice interactions given NHL protocols.

754BC316-3A17-4D6F-AD01-AFBC43D6CEBC.gif

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

This is my exact problem I have with the "stay home" and "the vaccine will protect you" crowd. Yes I do think the vaccine will protect me but I'd still rather avoid getting covid and I'd really rather not spend thousands of dollars and increase my odds of getting it by possibly sitting next to an unvaccinated, unmasked and possibly covid positive plague rat at a game. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

This is my exact problem I have with the "stay home" and "the vaccine will protect you" crowd. Yes I do think the vaccine will protect me but I'd still rather avoid getting covid and I'd really rather not spend thousands of dollars and increase my odds of getting it by possibly sitting next to an unvaccinated, unmasked and possibly covid positive plague rat at a game. 

This is why I think the negative test requirement would be more effective. Vaccine or not, you can still carry, catch and spread it. But man it would be a pain in the ass to get swabbed 41 times a year.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jagknife said:

This is why I think the negative test requirement would be more effective. Vaccine or not, you can still carry, catch and spread it. But man it would be a pain in the ass to get swabbed 41 times a year.

I mean I would be fine with it but since we are literally 1 of 7 teams with no mask mandate I don't see them going to the opposite extreme, hell I'd be happy with just a mask mandate at this point 

18 of 32 teams either have vaccine only or vaccine/negative tests. 25/32 require masks. 

Our team is in the minority in terms of doing absolutely nothing protocol wise. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

On 9/26/2021 at 10:52 PM, SterioDesign said:

Well a very average or slightly below average NHL always seemed to be the consensus that i've seen either from my own eyes or reading reports about him

It was better than I expected for a small skinny kid. He has decent velocity.  He just misses the spot which is important.

1 minute ago, EdgeControl said:

It was better than I expected for a small skinny kid. He has decent velocity.  He just misses the spot which is important.

He did hit a ton of posts last year, so that’s at least somewhat encouraging. He isn’t missing by much.