2022 Stanley Cup playoffs thread

MadDog2020

5 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Watched the game with a couple of Ranger fans last night.  Can’t say that I felt sorry for them as their team was eliminated…I really hate every last possible thing about that franchise.  They can never suck enough for me.

MB3’s summation post of the Rangers’ postseason run pretty much said it all. I’m just glad that it didn’t result in a SCF appearance.  I’m just glad that they’re finally toast.  Hopefully in a few years, this ECF will be looked back upon as the high point of this competitive window they’re currently in.

LGMFD!

They'll be decent next year.   Hopefully we can figure out how to play defense, score on powerplays, and not give up many shorties (aka hockey 101).  Having a goalie who actually knows how to play helps... 

Hope the look at lehner.  He's decent, and can always live here on the island which he loves.

17 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

And on one last note...I love the way that the Rangers lost.  Because you just KNEW that once they were up 2-0 in games, most of their fanbase already had them in the SCF...I love that Tampa not only stopped them cold, but did it in largely heartbreaking fashion.  And of course now the Ranger faithful think it's going to be a linear progression, here comes a Cup in 2023 or 2024, but as we all well know, that is most definitely not always the case.  The Rangers should be competitive for a while (they do have a hell of a goalie), but there's enough red flags to wonder how successful this latest window will really be.  Big difference between solidly competitive and actually winning a championship.

And of course, right now I look forward to the days where the Devils are actually solidly competitive again...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

EB9B9BAF-69C3-45C6-8FA6-6BDDC2B67188.jpeg

Normally a team that is singular annoys me. The Minnesota “Wild” is particularly irritating to me. But for some reason these two don’t bother me. 

Maybe because the plural of lightning is lightning, and “Avalanches” would sound stupid. 

27 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Normally a team that is singular annoys me. The Minnesota “Wild” is particularly irritating to me. But for some reason these two don’t bother me. 

Maybe because the plural of lightning is lightning, and “Avalanches” would sound stupid. 

I always thought the Hurricanes should have dropped the S.

2 great teams in finals where i don't absolutely don't want one to win. So i can just enjoy good hockey. 

Hoping for Colorado to win cause Mackinnon and Makar really deserve it though. But would be cool to see a team winning the cup 3 times in this era

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

2 great teams in finals where i don't absolutely don't want one to win. So i can just enjoy good hockey. 

Hoping for Colorado to win cause Mackinnon and Makar really deserve it though. But would be cool to see a team winning the cup 3 times in this era

Yep. I have no dog in the fight. Should be a fun series.

8 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I wonder if that’s ever happened before? There were probably a bunch when the Blues lost 3 straight finals in the late 60’s I’d guess but after that? 

Maybe during the original 6? It would definitely suck to be known for that lol. But at least he already has the ring from Anaheim regardless what happens. 

1 hour ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I wonder if that’s ever happened before? There were probably a bunch when the Blues lost 3 straight finals in the late 60’s I’d guess but after that? 

Closest I can think of is Marian Hossa losing with the Pens, then the Wings and going a third straight with the Blackhawks but thankfully the Hawks beat the Flyers 

2 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

I'm pulling for Patty Maroon to win 4 in a row. Great guy to accomplish it. Aves will get one at some point I imagine. 

I think it’s funny that he has 3 and may soon have 4, and meanwhile the best player in the world has zero. 

I mean there’s reasons, but it’s still funny to me. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I think it’s funny that he has 3 and may soon have 4, and meanwhile the best player in the world has zero. 

I mean there’s reasons, but it’s still funny to me. 

I laughed at the Oilers losing their series. Same with Toronto, but the Oilers will be back with their leadership with Tom Holland at the reigns. Toronto, will have some cap issues unless they can convince some of those top guys to take less money than what they would get on the market.