2022 Off-Season thread PT 2

Devilsfan118

7 minutes ago, Crisis said:

I just saw Midtown play a dress rehearsal show in Garwood last week and I got so fvcking pumped that I decided to grab some pit tickets to see them open for MCR.  Then I saw they were $500 so that is no longer happening.

Crossroads? My friend owns that place. Well he was. We haven’t spoken in years only because I moved away. Shouldn’t br any hard feelings between us though.

23 minutes ago, Jerzey said:

Crossroads? My friend owns that place. Well he was. We haven’t spoken in years only because I moved away. Shouldn’t br any hard feelings between us though.

Yeah that was it.  Really cool space, I think there were like 200 people there or something.  Going back in a few weeks to see Folly.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MB3 said:

THE ONLY MUSIC THAT IS GOOD MUSIC IS THE MUSIC THAT I LISTEN TO, MERHHHHHHH. 

Yeahhh.... Figured you were the kind of guy to stand up during a stand up comedy show and shout something like "hey not all blonds are dumb okay! This isn't funny." And ruin the show for everyone else.

Sit down dude. It was a joke

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Yeahhh.... Figured you were the kind of guy to stand up during a stand up comedy show and shout something like "hey not all blonds are dumb okay! This isn't funny." And ruin the show for everyone else.

Sit down dude. It was a joke

Stick to your tired girlfriend analogies 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Those went a little haywire when he started saying that one time he was extorted by a girl who said he beat her up so all women everywhere are probably lying about sexual assault. 

Well that's not the story or what i said lol 

And don't put words in my mouth. I simply said "that people should be treated as innocent until proven guilty and that it does happen that there's false accusations but to still treat the accuser as a victim and with respect". Especially when there was conflicting reports coming from the same person. That's how someone who's level headed and using common sense would look at this.

Unlike a moron literally claiming:

"i have no reasons not to believe the claim of a person i know absolutely nothing about and never heard of before"

and

"a few hockey players I went to school with are dickheads so those other hockey players from a different country has to be rapists" 

You're a moron. 

Edited by SterioDesign

29 minutes ago, MB3 said:

my mistake, you never called it a sexual assault. You just said they all "banged the girl" or something bizarre like that. 

Yup and that's the only thing based on reports that is agreed upon. Sex happened and we know up until a certain point that she was giving full consent, on video, that's all we know. If it was with consent or not through the entire night is what remain to be determined since there's conflicting reports there and what has to be proven in order to call them rapist or establish that she was lying. I also never said that she's lying, simply pointed out that she gave 2 contradictory statements. She said she was sober and giving full consent. Then the next day said she was hammered and was not okay with it. This has to be looked into to establish the timeline of the whole scenario to determine if they knowingly did something wrong without consent. And its very possible she gave consent up to a point but changed her mind at some point. Very possible but we have no proofs of that or indications based on reports that it was communicated to them.

And since YOU said you have no reason not to believe her. Then how do you choose which version of her statement to believe exactly? lol 

Due process man, try it sometime.

I'm done talking about this with you

Edited by SterioDesign

Let's just say that if @MB3 believes all people who complain of rape are being genuine, or if @SterioDesign believes all rape accusers are lying, they're completely naive. 

And, for the record, I don't think either of them believe that, they just like to argue and they should just fvck and get it over with. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jagknife said:

No Kadri to the Islanders is heartbreaking. All that waiting, all that “It’s a typical Lou move, he’s ours!” Poor guys….

(/sarcasm)

We cant penciled out Islenders, but Lou lost his guy. And they dont have any more real reserve. May be Attu Ratty. But I don`t think he is NHL ready. 
They still have Sorokin, they were bite by covid in the first half of the season, bad scheduele, but still. They aren`t stronger than they were. 

Jackets are better on paper, but they lost some good piece, their defense isn`t really good. As goaltending. But they have good players who can play better. But they have a lot of young players. And it is synonim of inconstancy.

I`m not saying Devils will absolutely better than Flyers, Jackets and Islanders, but they have opportunity and material. Vanecek and Blackwood as pair aren`t worser than Vanecek and Samsonov. With healthy Jack, better PP(hope Brunette will find some keys) and even average goaltending this team will compete.
As I remember when Nico, Jack and Dougie were in the team at the same time and goalies perform on the average league level, Devils were 7-1-2. Health and goaltending are significant parts of the next season.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Guadana said:

We cant penciled out Islenders, but Lou lost his guy. And they dont have any more real reserve. May be Attu Ratty. But I don`t think he is NHL ready. 
They still have Sorokin, they were bite by covid in the first half of the season, bad scheduele, but still. They aren`t stronger than they were. 

Jackets are better on paper, but they lost some good piece, their defense isn`t really good. As goaltending. But they have good players who can play better. But they have a lot of young players. And it is synonim of inconstancy.

I`m not saying Devils will absolutely better than Flyers, Jackets and Islanders, but they have opportunity and material. Vanecek and Blackwood as pair aren`t worser than Vanecek and Samsonov. With healthy Jack, better PP(hope Brunette will find some keys) and even average goaltending this team will compete.
As I remember when Nico, Jack and Dougie were in the team at the same time and goalies perform on the average league level, Devils were 7-1-2. Health and goaltending are significant parts of the next season.

They will be good.  I think they will get average goaltending.  Hughes will pick up where he left off and so will Bratt.  We will see more consistency from Sharangovich and Mercer with the addition of Palat and better coaching.  The defense will be solid and I think there will be enough depth if there are injuries.  I think we will see players like Okhutyuk and Nemec provide that depth through the season.  I think Zetterlund makes the team too.  I, also, think Nico has a breakout season.  Maybe, I’m getting too excited, but I really believe they take a huge step forward.  

• Like 2

On 8/18/2022 at 5:24 PM, jagknife said:

Can’t we all just get back to ripping the Islanders for their ripping of us a month ago now blowing up in their faces while Lou is in his annual summer hibernation?

The Islanders twitter world is already taking care of ripping Lou apart for the last few weeks, it doesn't need us at all lol.

Man are they ever NOT happy with him

16 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Hope that fan base goes back to missing the playoffs every year, can't stand them whatsoever. Wish they never got that arena built and fvcked off to Quebec or Houston or wherever. 

I guess this is where “ misery loves company” comes from

If he can and the only problem were goaltending and pp, than ok, hooray, take the talent team and bring us SC, if the problem were bad cycling and lack of rebound and tempo structure, than it could be fixed only by changing complete way of structure of training. By new HC. 

Edited by Guadana