New Around The League Thread

Colorado Rockies 1976

2 hours ago, Aitchmack said:

They are making a lot of moves, not just drafting strong this year, but adding a lot of veterans who know how to win such as Hall and Perry. These are the kind of moves you make if you want to possibly be competitive. They are making moves like they might be a bubble team next year because they got Bedard. Bailey is a very meh middle six guy and has always been that.

I think when a team drafts a generational talent like Bedard, Crosby, or McDavid, they become a playoff team pretty quick if they make some good personnel choices. Beniers in Seattle was a good example of that this year. Pittsburgh and Crosby starting making playoffs pretty soon after he as drafted. McDavid and the Oilers haven't missed since McDavid's first year in the league in 2015-16 I think. 

I don't know if they make as many moves if they don't win the lottery and get Bedard. It's basically skipping 2-3 years in player development when you get a player like that. CHI is having a phenomenal draft so far and it might be a very quick rebuild in CHI. These generational players do things like that and it's not fair, but it's great for the game and the league. 

The Devils didn't really get that luxury despite drafting excellent/elite players within the last 5 years. We had to be patient and let them grow as a group together. 

Edited by RizzMB30
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Am really starting to get annoyed by future considerations trades. Mostly because I don't understand them. 

Those are both not bad players and we don't have any way to gauge the value of the trade when they say future considerations. 

53 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

Am really starting to get annoyed by future considerations trades. Mostly because I don't understand them. 

Those are both not bad players and we don't have any way to gauge the value of the trade when they say future considerations. 

I'm guessing Kostin, who is an RFA, was actually the price to get Yamamoto's 3.1 cap hit off the Oilers books?      

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

This is who I would target if he was willing to come on a short term low AAV deal to try and win a cup before he's done.   He's big, talented and goes 100% all of the time.   Seems like the issues in Winnipeg from what I've read have to do with how he handles others that he perceives aren't trying as hard and that he tried to continue to be a shadow captain this year after having the real C stripped away last year.   Neither issue seems like it would become a problem in the role he would get here.   

25 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

Matt Duchene being bought out by Nashville and Yamamoto by Detroit as well.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/predators-buying-out-remainder-of-matt-duchenes-contract/

This sh!t is getting crazy.  Cap space is so valuable that they are doing a buyout on a guy with 3 years left who just had 57 points in 71 games.  Trotz couldn't get rid of RyJo or Duchene fast enough.  

Check out this buyout: 

1688140998433-png.724142

4 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

This sh!t is getting crazy.  Cap space is so valuable that they are doing a buyout on a guy with 3 years left who just had 57 points in 71 games.  Trotz couldn't get rid of RyJo or Duchene fast enough.  

Check out this buyout: 

1688140998433-png.724142

Lol wow. At least it's entertaining.

30 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

Check out this buyout: 

1688140998433-png.724142

I guess the idea is that the worst of the hits are going to be rebuilding/retooling years in NSH? Maybe Trotz wants to follow the Fitz model.