GDT: Game 1 - Red Wings @ Your NEW JERSEY DEVILS, 7:30 pm, ESPN+ (This time we really DO rise!)

Colorado Rockies 1976

Sooooooo here we go again.  The season that felt like it was so far away is FINALLY fully upon us!

Going with my daughter tonight, in the Lofts...enough broke right that we were able to do this.  No one else that I'd rather break in a new season with - both her AND all of you crazy Devils-obsessed MFs.

Start 1-0 boys...beat the Dead Things!

Octopus-beach.jpgTdcIES.gif

• Like 5
  • EvilHeart 3

I'm looking forward to this game immensely. It seems like forever since we were last watching Devils hockey, but it hasn't been as long as in previous years. My expectations for the team are definitely greater than they have been for a long time.

Are we finally going to see a power play that can make a difference in games? Will Jack hit 100 points? Will Bratt, Nico & Dougie outperform last year's totals? Will Luke & Holtz make the step up? Will the goalies be as good as last year? Can't wait to find out.

LFGD!

• Like 1
  • EvilHeart 3

4 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

That Wings lineup looks pretty weak on paper. 

They haven't much lottery luck...lots of Top 10 picks in recent years, but only one Top 5 (Raymond, 4OA in 2020).  They never were able to catch that break to draft a real game-changing kind of building block.  And of course the big whiff on Funky Cold Zedina.

They seem very "Mushy Middle" right now...unless their kids really take big steps forward, I don't know how they get out of that.  Outside of Larkin and Perron, the rest of the Wings managed 45 points or less each.  

1 hour ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

Anyone actually looking for a pair for tonight? I have two in 115 row 3 that I’m looking to move.  I found something else I’m interested in. $150/ pair is what I paid 

Dude... what? You found something else you're interested in?  I hope you're either having your first threesome, or robbing a bank with zero chance of getting caught. Otherwise, I don't understand shopping your opening day tickets (especially after you literally posted right before that you were so excited). 

Anyway, in pumped and can't wait for pick drop.  Let's Go Devils!

Edited by NJDfan1711
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

They haven't much lottery luck...lots of Top 10 picks in recent years, but only one Top 5 (Raymond, 4OA in 2020).  They never were able to catch that break to draft a real game-changing kind of building block.  And of course the big whiff on Funky Cold Zedina.

They seem very "Mushy Middle" right now...unless their kids really take big steps forward, I don't know how they get out of that.  Outside of Larkin and Perron, the rest of the Wings managed 45 points or less each.  

Top line is scary, 2nd line can be scary, but it's pretty meh down the middle. I've never been high on Compher or Copp as top 6 guys. 

I don't know if their defense is very good either after Chiarot and Seider. Walman looked good in small samples, but still developing. Petry is old and slow. Big reason why the Pens were so exposed last year when the Devils played them. I think they (the Pens) dummied us once last year and 2nd half of the season they couldn't beat us. 

Edited by RizzMB30

2 hours ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

This is the most excited i've been for a Devils season in probably close to 20 years

I honestly think this is the most excited I've been since the start of the '00-'01 season when I wanted to see how they would build off of the Stanley Cup run the season before.  I was ready for the A-Line tear the NHL a new one and also to see Gomez, Madden, White and Rafalski in their second year.  The regular season didn't disappoint. 

I can't wait for tonight.  

• EvilHeart 2

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Dude... what? You found something else you're interested in?  I hope you're either having your first threesome, or robbing a bank with zero chance of getting caught. Otherwise, I don't understand shopping your opening day tickets (especially after you literally posted right before that you were so excited). 

Anyway, in pumped and can't wait for pick drop.  Let's Go Devils!

lol I meant other tickets I wanted to scoop up. Was trying to sit down in the lower bowl.