GDT: Game 2 - Wile Es vs YOUR New Jersey Devils, 7:00 pm, MSG 10/13/2023

Colorado Rockies 1976

3 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Also, Arizona might play in a pathetic barn, and their organization might be overall trash, but this team could be a headache in the west. Not saying bubble, but annoying for their opponents.

I really like Clayton Keller. Seems like a great player stuck on a horrible team. He finally has the high skill playmaking center in Cooley to feed him pucks. 

I have Maccelli on my fantasy team last year and grabbed him again this year, quiet rookie year, but he showed his stuff tonight. 

Bjugstad is a monster and like him as a 3 or 4 C. 

Kerfoot is meh, but Zucker was a good addition too. 

Their d corps is much improved with Durzi and Dumba coming in. JJ Moser is another Swiss boi who is their puck mover. 

If Meier would have been off the table for whatever reason, I would have tried to pry Keller away from Arizona. Would have fit in well in our top 6 prior to getting Meier and Toffs. 

Just caught up with the game. Hard to be too upset after battling back from 2-0 down, but that Brendan Smith penalty was definitely frustrating. Just a crazy game in general with all the penalties. Loved Luke stopping Cooley from skating in all by himself in OT. Thought that was about to be game, but Luke played it perfectly. Hate that such a good game had to be decided by the stupid shootout, but have to give the Coyotes goalie credit, he made some really nice saves in OT. 

• Like 3

They need to be working on the penalty kill every practice. To many desperation plays, they look ragged, someone needs to calm them down and get their composure back.

You have McLeod making a diving block in the high slot and the just gets passed around, he then scrambled back, bumps into out own player and everyone is out of position. Sloppy AF.

Special teams win you hockey games. So at least the PP unit bailed us out. 

As others have said Nico and Timo haven't got going. Maybe some line shuffling coming up. 

It's early doors but things to work on for sure!! 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Hmm.. TheScore announced a sellout of 16,514 and on tv definitely looked way more than 13k

• Like 2

Like others have said, three points out of four is good, and the Devils haven’t even played their best hockey yet.  There’s things to work on, but October can almost feel like extended preseason…Devils will be fine.

Smith took all of two games to remind me why I can’t stand him.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

Maybe less likely to step forward than the guy drawing the Devils logo with his airplane.

Very disappointed to see the same commercials for another year as if MSG couldn’t spend two dollars to film something different in those spots.

Also the Verizon commercial with Jason Bateman running 80 times a game is going to slow kill me by November.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Devils01 said:

Hmm.. TheScore announced a sellout of 16,514 and on tv definitely looked way more than 13k

Yeah it was a great crowd; place was packed. He was just saying with all the tickets that were still available a couple hours before faceoff, it was looking like it could be a smaller crowd. But there was a big walk-up I think. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, devlman said:

Very disappointed to see the same commercials for another year as if MSG couldn’t spend two dollars to film something different in those spots.

Also the Verizon commercial with Jason Bateman running 80 times a game is going to slow kill me by November.

There's one new one, a guy who wanted to be a photographer for the Devils who now is a wedding photographer and he's taking pictures of a couple who is Devils fans in their Devils jerseys lol

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yeah it was a great crowd; place was packed. He was just saying with all the tickets that were still available a couple hours before faceoff, it was looking like it could be a smaller crowd. But there was a big walk-up I think. 

Was weird, in that it felt like a lot of people showed up almost right at puck drop.  But yeah was great to see another packed house.

• Like 2