GDT - Stadium Series Game, Devils vs Flyers 2/17/24 8pm Abc, ESPN+

NJDfan1711

Just now, Bonginator11 said:

And none of the goals tonight were his fault 

Agree completely.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

Took me until the 3rd to realize we were sitting across the aisle from Nico’s sister and dad. Both seemed really cool.

What a goddamn game

That’s awesome!  After your encounter with the pervert the other night, you deserved to sit with nicer people.

• Like 4

Not saying that Daws is the definitive short or long-term answer, but I do love the idea of potentially not having to overpay for an older guy like Markstrom (or having to take the cap hit that comes with him).

• Like 8

1 hour ago, DevilMinder said:

Props to daws, a heavy workload week and still fends off 43 flyers shots

Think Schmid playing Tues night just became a little more of a must.  Give Daws Thurs (vs Rangers) and Sun (vs Lightning).  Give Schmid Tues (@Caps) and Sat (vs Canadiens).  

• Like 6

Big win. Lindy is most likely begging Fitz to get Markstrom now and to do whatever it takes in order to prepare for a run. We've all read the rumors involving everything from Holtz + our first rounder in '24, to Mercer, to Nemec being included. The Flames are going to demand a king's ransom and with the Devils nearing a WC spot, I'm resigned to the fact that someone we really don't want to lose is going to be headed to Calgary. If Lindy has Markstrom + Daws though, he should be set. Will be interesting. 

Edited by slasher72

9 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Who would have thought after April last year that Daws might be the real goalie for the future in the organization lol

Would be nice to see the Devils actually develop a goalie of their own.  That’s been a hell of a sore spot for a looooooong time now.  

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Would be nice to see the Devils actually develop a goalie of their own.  That’s been a hell of a sore spot for a looooooong time now.  

Gotta move on from Rogalski first? Otherwise it’ll be same sh!t new tendy

• Like 1

Watching some of the TV broadcast, I forgot to say last night that I can't believe they put that Messier reference into a video for a Devils-Philly game, even more hilarious that a huge portion of the fans inside the building(everyone under 30)  weren't even alive and another good portion were still in diapers still when 94 happened. fvck off with that sh!t. NHL and ESPN are a bunch of clowns. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Watching some of the TV broadcast, I forgot to say last night that I can't believe they put that Messier reference into a video for a Devils-Philly game, even more hilarious that a huge portion of the fans inside the building(everyone under 30)  weren't even alive and another good portion were still in diapers still when 94 happened. fvck off with that sh!t. NHL and ESPN are a bunch of clowns. 

They had to give free advertising for the Easter Island tourist industry, I guess

I did find it funny how EVERYONE booed, not just Devils fans. 

• Like 4

I don't know if I've ever seen Devils fans pack out a stadium like this. The atmosphere seemed amazing and the players were crediting the fans for being loud. 

I mean there was the last outdoor game we had too, but this one felt special with a win against a Philly team that is good. 

Edited by RizzMB30
  • Like 8

7 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

I don't know if I've ever seen Devils fans pack out a stadium like this. The atmosphere seemed amazing and the players were crediting the fans for being loud. 

I mean there was the last outdoor game we had too, but this one felt special with a win against a Philly team that is good. 

This being an actual Devils home game made the biggest difference and you add in that this was Philadelphias 6th outdoor game and it made it even more of a home game cause I'm sure some of their fans decided to skip it since they have been in so many already. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

I'm partially glad they won, just so there's no negative karma associated with the new jerseys lol.

I love the jerseys, which is a lot coming from me because I generally hate change when it comes to our jerseys. I thought they looked super sharp in person on the ice and seeing them on TV look great too. I couldn't read either teams names on the jerseys last night but could see the numbers clear as day. Love the helmets too. I'm glad they are wearing them one more time this season. I'd rather see the jersey jersey get retired and have this be our new 3rd.

• Like 7