GDT: 3/3/2024 Devils @ Kings, 3 pm, TNT

2 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Couldn't tell from the original post but yeah Tuesday has a really good chance of being ugly. 

Yup. I think fans will attend the game just to call for Lindy's head (once they fall behind - which will probably be by the first period)

1 hour ago, titans04 said:

Not for nothing, on that scale where does every joker to put the pads on for us this season fit?  Imma be kind and go with whatever is below beer league.

Making that trade does not save the season and it is not a significant improvement giving up two NHLers and a 1st rounder.  It’s not a good trade.

If we trade for a goalie now… giving up 3+ first round picks (2024, Mercer, Holtz, Casey (2nd)) - I’ll be livid.

Season is fvcked - no reason to dump the promise of this roster for mid goalies that doesn’t address the problem.   Poor coaching, inexperienced defense, players afraid to shoot.

Pack it in.  Sell off the extra pieces (Toffoli) but leave our future intact.   I still believe in our goalies long term, but we need a stopgap.  We don’t need to pay deadline prices.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hey now......Can't you hear the fat lady singing......This team   This year has been a major embarrassment from the coach to the underachieving player.....Total sh!t show. Not much to look forward to either....We are so far from seeing a cup win.....Could take years. We suck and if you disagree then you haven't watched this disaster of a team enough. We had such hope even thought we new our goaltending was iffy. Another year pissed away.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aylbert said:

Pack it in.  Sell off the extra pieces (Toffoli) but leave our future intact.   I still believe in our goalies long term, but we need a stopgap.  We don’t need to pay deadline prices.

I get that, but the Devils are in a unique position to help the Bruins now and in future seasons, and they have what we need. What if Toffoli, Miller, Mercer and a first round pick gets it done for Swayman?

5 minutes ago, hit the post said:

Hey now......Can't you hear the fat lady singing......This team   This year has been a major embarrassment from the coach to the underachieving player.....Total sh!t show. Not much to look forward to either....We are so far from seeing a cup win.....Could take years. We suck and if you disagree then you haven't watched this disaster of a team enough. We had such hope even thought we new our goaltending was iffy. Another year pissed away.

It's such a buzzkill. 

10 minutes ago, aylbert said:

If we trade for a goalie now… giving up 3+ first round picks (2024, Mercer, Holtz, Casey (2nd)) - I’ll be livid.

Season is fvcked - no reason to dump the promise of this roster for mid goalies that doesn’t address the problem.   Poor coaching, inexperienced defense, players afraid to shoot.

Let me see Fitz actually give up THAT much for a goalie.  I have no doubts that making a move for what’s supposed to be an upgrade will cost, but not to the amount that’s being suggested.

• Like 1

The Devils are doing what they’ve done most of the last 12 years, sucking.

Two playoff appearances, one round won, in the last 12 years.

The Devils sucking is the norm, not the exception.

And the future looks as bleak as ever with a bunch of stooges running the show.

Par for the course with this disaster of a franchise.

Looking back on the Tanev to Dallas trade, Fitz probably asked Calgary as a favor to keep Luke's name out of any trade package. It would be a disaster from a PR perspective if it happened and would piss off our best player and face of the franchise. But if Fitz is asking for Markstrom and Hanifin I could totally see him shipping off most of our youth to get it done, starting with first-rounder plus a top prospect like Nemec. Or our first rounder plus a combo of Mercer, Holtz, and Casey. 

Just now, njbuff said:

And the future looks as bleak as ever with a bunch of stooges running the show.

stripes lighten GIF

Our future is insanely positive and does not resemble our dark periods. 

The outlook of the remainder of the season?  Not great at all.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Let me see Fitz actually give up THAT much for a goalie.  I have no doubts that making a move for what’s supposed to be an upgrade will cost, but not to the amount that’s being suggested.

That's kinda where I was headed too but couldn't get past Markstrom being called a backup. I can see arguing the cost but to say he's a backup compared to our turds is funny.

11 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

The good news is that our first-round pick is looking better and better as a trade chip.

29 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

I get that, but the Devils are in a unique position to help the Bruins now and in future seasons, and they have what we need. What if Toffoli, Miller, Mercer and a first round pick gets it done for Swayman?

Well that makes sense because Swayman could be a starter.  Markstrom doesn’t make sense.

19 minutes ago, titans04 said:

That's kinda where I was headed too but couldn't get past Markstrom being called a backup. I can see arguing the cost but to say he's a backup compared to our turds is funny.

I’m not making comparisons, but yes he is a backup.

Edit: and he is 34.

Edited by Puckbuster