The Devils Uniforms

Since1982-83

3 minutes ago, devilsfan26 said:

This nod to history stuff is laughable.

(1)  CHAMPIONSHIP COLLAR:  I never understood the point of putting stuff on the inside of a jersey where you can only see it when it's not being worn.
(2)  HONORING THE ORIGINAL:  It says the single stripe on the bottom honors the Newark Bulldogs, but then it shows a picture of the Bulldogs jersey which clearly has way more than one stripe.
(3)  RED COLLAR:  Not a single person would have been able to deduce that this is a tribute to the Scouts without this image telling us.  It's like they made the collar red and then threw this description in there as an attempt to keep people from being mad about it or something.
(4)  SLEEVE STRIPES:  Again, nobody would have ever made the connection between the sleeve stripes and the Rockies, and the stripes don't even look like the stripes on the Rockies' jerseys.  Yeah they're all the same width, but they are way bigger.

The bolded seems like the main reason for defending and justifying ALL of these changes:  see, they make sense, there's a method to all of this, they should be there, don't hate the look, embrace it!  And #2 doesn't have anything to do with the final design. 

4 minutes ago, Beezer34 said:

Thrown out??? They would have to come and fvcking arrest me. If I ever see a fellow fan being verbally assaulted by another joker for sporting our new jersey, that guy's going down.

That would really suck if that ever happened.  Some people like these, and they're 100% entitled to buy them and wear them if that makes them happy.  No one has any right to chastise them over it.  But I don't ever see a confrontation over that happening. 

6 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

The Devils FB page has over 478,000 likes/follows. Out of the 8500 contacts you stated, if 80% are negative that is 6,800.  That means out of 478,000 fans they have received hate from 6,800 or roughly 1.5%.

I don't think it will do much.

There's half-a-million followers on their official twitter. Say they got 500 calls\e-mails, (and I honestly don't think it's anywhere close to that) --Highfive! :lol:

Since my photoshop skills are very limited, is there anyone here with the talent to see if they can put the full stripe design from the Newark Bulldogs jersey onto the new Devils one?  Would be interesting to see.

This is where I miss SD

Edited by DevsMan84

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

The bolded seems like the main reason for defending and justifying ALL of these changes:  see, they make sense, there's a method to all of this, they should be there, don't hate the look, embrace it!  And #2 doesn't have anything to do with the final design. 

That would really suck if that ever happened.  Some people like these, and they're 100% entitled to buy them and wear them if that makes them happy.  No one has any right to chastise them over it.  But I don't ever see a confrontation over that happening. 

I see people post pics on Facebook of themselves giving the finger to other fans over the jersey they wear behind their backs.  I don't think confrontations are a stretch if enough alcohol is involved.

24 minutes ago, Chuck the Duck said:

I thought the twitter thing was actually funny.   I guess emotions were running high and it rubbed people the wrong way, but I didn't think it was being disrespectful to fan in any way. 

I sent my email this morning to my ticket rep, Weber, and O'Neil voicing my displeasure in a calm and reasoned manner. It may do jack sh!t at the end of the day, but at least I said my piece.  Hopefully they are bombarded with similar emails so they understand that they made a mistake with this and attempt to correct it in a year or 2.

30 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I didn't scream at anyone, I sent an email, without cursing or any nonsense like that to my rep saying to forward it to the appropriate people saying that it's embarrassing to have a representative of the team post such nonsense on the teams twitter. That's my opinion and I voiced it in the only way I can. 

What happened on the twitter?

3 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Since my photoshop skills are very limited, is there anyone here with the talent to see if they can put the full stripe design from the Newark Bulldogs jersey onto the new Devils one?  Would be interesting to see.

This is where I miss SD

Backhanded Devil on Twitter has some sweet Alt design's. Don't know if he's touched these yet

4 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

i disagree. i see severa;l confrontations happening. have u been on this board recently, or othersfor that matter?

I'm on this board constantly...big difference between heated keyboard confrontations and actually giving a fellow fan sh!t at a Devils game over redesigned jerseys...at the end of the day, we'll never all love each other, but we are all on the same side.  I'd like to think our fanbase hasn't de-evolved so much that there's actually going to be verbal and physical confrontations over old vs. new jerseys.  I'd really like to believe that I'm not overestimating our fanbase on this count.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

No one has any right to chastise them over it. But I don't ever see a confrontation over that happening. 

I guarantee you, there will be bullsh!t between fans over this nonsense. You mix passionate opinions, with alcohol.. and then you get bullsh!t. If that ever happens around me.. I'm begin taken out in cuffs.

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I'm on this board constantly...big difference between heated keyboard confrontations and actually giving a fellow fan sh!t at a Devils game over redesigned jerseys...at the end of the day, we'll never all love each other, but we are all on the same side.  I'd like to think our fanbase hasn't de-evolved so much that there's actually going to be verbal and physical confrontations over old vs. new jerseys.  I'd really like to believe that I'm not overestimating our fanbase on this count.  

I can't see an actual in game confrontation over a jersey. If somebody wants to wear this be my guest. I'm not going to harass or criticize or even comment on their choice of jersey. Fans from other teams are now going to be commentating on how bad they are, that's going to be a new thing.

But Devils fan vs. Devils fan? No                                                                  

• Like 2

Just now, Beezer34 said:

I guarantee you, there will be bullsh!t between fans over this nonsense. You mix passionate opinions, with alcohol.. and then you get bullsh!t. If that ever happens around me.. I'm begin taken out in cuffs.

Really hope you and others are wrong about this.  Man will that be a serious letdown, on all levels.  I do think those who aren't happy will learn to live them well before the season starts, so hopefully this will not become a thing...if anything, I'm curious to see what one would look like on a fan, in person.

I wonder if there were any issues like this when the Islanders went with the Fishsticks...were Islander fans that were strongly opposed to the new jerseys giving the fans who were wearing them any crap over it?  Not saying it couldn't have happened...just that I never heard much about it if it did. 

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Really hope you and others are wrong about this.  Man will that be a serious letdown, on all levels.  I do think those who aren't happy will learn to live them well before the season starts, so hopefully this will not become a thing...if anything, I'm curious to see what one would look like on a fan, in person.

I wonder if there were any issues like this when the Islanders went with the Fishsticks...were Islander fans that were strongly opposed to the new jerseys giving the fans who were wearing them any crap over it?  Not saying it couldn't have happened...just that I never heard much about it if it did. 

When it was introduced it sold well. It generated some buzz. Rangers fans had a field day with it to. The people who hated it really hated it.

Overall the Fishsticks were better received than what we put out yesterday.

43 minutes ago, SMantzas said:

If the away jerseys are sweet af, are we going to like them or still be pissed that they're missing a few stripes?

That's not the only difference. The gigantic stripes on the sleeves and the shortened shoulder yolk are just as bad.

If the white's look better, great. I doubt they will though. 

Let's be honest. These look like long sleeve t shirts and are fairly, fairly vanilla. People have a right to be pissed because the Devils have had arguably the best non original 6 jersey in the NHL and that was tampered with. 

On the flip side of the coin, it could be a WHOLE LOT worse. Look at the abomination that Nashville and Edmonton got stuck with. 

I think if we had the stripe on the bottom, less people would complain and really, Adidas had no reason to really remove that. I think our jerseys look too much like Calgary's now and took a huge step toward being one of the more generic jerseys in the league. That is indeed, something to be upset about. 

Also, fans are not obligated to like a licensed product. Even if that is by the team they support. I'm buying a blank Reebok edge and getting either Nico or Nolan's name and number on it when the time comes and I'm sure others will be stocking up on the edges. If you aren't happy with a product, send a message to the manufacturer by boycotting and hope you see a redesign. Again though, just because you are a fan of the Devils or any NHL team for that matter doesn't mean you have to enjoy those Addias jerseys.

• Like 1

I contact that I have that works with the Devils has said approx 3,500 phone calls and roughly 5,000 emails, over 80% negative reaction. Some severely negative. They're still tabulating social media metrics and such but the figures are very ugly.
So more than 48 people. 

Good. I hope the fans keep it coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

36 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

As much as I don't like the jerseys I'd never attack someone verbally or otherwise who was wearing one. I can't imagine this being a thing either. Maybe once by some idiot but no way it becomes a thing that happens multiple times.

1 hour ago, devilsfan26 said:

dc0dh0juwaehcxy_orig.jpg

This nod to history stuff is laughable.

(1)  CHAMPIONSHIP COLLAR:  I never understood the point of putting stuff on the inside of a jersey where you can only see it when it's not being worn.
(2)  HONORING THE ORIGINAL:  It says the single stripe on the bottom honors the Newark Bulldogs, but then it shows a picture of the Bulldogs jersey which clearly has way more than one stripe.
(3)  RED COLLAR:  Not a single person would have been able to deduce that this is a tribute to the Scouts without this image telling us.  It's like they made the collar red and then threw this description in there as an attempt to keep people from being mad about it or something.
(4)  SLEEVE STRIPES:  Again, nobody would have ever made the connection between the sleeve stripes and the Rockies, and the stripes don't even look like the stripes on the Rockies' jerseys.  Yeah they're all the same width, but they are way bigger.

So this is what the Devils Marketing-Sales-Communications depts. put behind the reasoning and symbolism in the jersey changes? LOL New Jersey is New Jersey not the Rockies, Scouts, etc.

Of course the bottom line is selling jersey$ and apparel but Jesus, all for the wrong reasons with this move, etc. Would of been nice for the communications and marketing clowns to engage the public and stirrup interest-dialog-etc, but this is the resultant of hiring buffoons and their bizarre operations. Don't care for the organization trolling the public either, so I'll leave this historical archive for the Devils front office to ponder amongst themselves.

5 minutes ago, HOLLYWOOD said:

So this is what the Devils Marketing-Sales-Communications depts. put behind the reasoning and symbolism in the jersey changes?

That stuff is probably more from Adidas than the Devils, but yes it is stupid either way.

Edited by devilsfan26
  • Like 1