The Devils Uniforms

Since1982-83

Just now, Jimmy Leeds said:

I think the big thing to take here is where can I get that T-Shirt??

The funny thing is that T-Shirt could be interpreted as "Damn New Jersey"...or damn (the) new jersey.  It's official, Zacha thinks the new jerseys suck too. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

On 8/26/2017 at 6:18 PM, Devil Dan 56 said:

Side note, I'm wondering if Zacha sticks with 37 again this year. I know it was his training camp number a couple of years ago but 33 was Nicos and he already is changing to 13. 

This is what I think of in the offseason. 

I would say most likely.  In 15-16, the Devils actually made up jerseys for him with #10 as his number.  However he was sent down to juniors and never wore it and instead just wore one of his preseason 37 jerseys in the last game of that season.  Only reason why myself and others know this is that Meigray listed those #10 jerseys for sale as Game-issued after the end of that season.

On 20/08/2017 at 0:03 PM, DevsMan84 said:

Would also need to see the hem tagging on back but looks like a replica of the mid 80's version of the Devils jerseys.  

Devils wore mesh from 82-83 season till 85-86 when they switched over to ultrafil in the middle of the season.  They wore ultrafil till 87-88 season when they switched to airknit.  They went back to ultrafil then in 88-89 season.

the jersey looks like a replica model based on the crest or a shell made by a third party with the crest added by someone afterwards.

Thanks DevsMan. Totally forgot I posted this. The seller listed it as being from 1986 (the reason I brought it was it's from the year I was born). 

2 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I prefer the old ones but whatever. I'll get used to these. We won't even notice after a couple of games. I fully expect the old ones back within 5 years. 

Oh I'll notice them (the design is just such a downgrade), but we won't have much choice but to tolerate them (and/or not buy them) until this mistake is undone.  And as we've been through it before...the franchise won't realize it was a mistake until they have a big chunk of data (decreased sales, etc) that shows them that yes, this was a mistake.  The initial bitchfest predictably died down (it was friggin' summer, we all have better things to do than to keep complaining to the Devils about the new jerseys), so for now ownership and others probably think all is well on this front...and the corporate zilches involved are patting themselves on the back for having withstood the storm.  I only interact with a fairly small faction of Devils fans (mostly on here), so who knows, maybe a lot of fans that I don't know actually dig these atrocities.  I just don't see how it can be all that many. 

3 hours ago, SMantzas said:

I think the jerseys will look much better with pads and numbers. I don't hate them at all

I'll definitely give you that numbers on the sleeves will help somewhat.  They'll help de-emphasize the floaties. 

3 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I prefer the old ones but whatever. I'll get used to these. We won't even notice after a couple of games. I fully expect the old ones back within 5 years. 

Ya, not saying I prefer the new ones, because they're obviously not as good, but I think these arent a disaster like many people are claiming. Changing the logo is another matter

9 minutes ago, SMantzas said:

Ya, not saying I prefer the new ones, because they're obviously not as good, but I think these arent a disaster like many people are claiming. Changing the logo is another matter

Changing the logo would have been a Gorton's Fisherman, Buffaslug, or Mooterus level mistake

14 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

No worries, it's a clip on. With a fight strap.

Then it's a penalty:  failure to tie down your tie.

• Haha 1