Johansson-Henrique-Palmieri
Gibbons-Zacha-Bratt
Wood-Coleman-Noesen

I would change it to:
Hall-Zajac-Palmieri
Johansson-Hischier-Stafford
Henrique-Zacha-Bratt
Wood-Coleman-Gibbons

First line has chemistry from last year. Stafford and Hischier seem to click together. It would be smarter to play Henrique at Wing since he can play there plus Hischier and Zacha would benefit from the extended centering. Henrique started the season as 3 line center so 3rd line winger isn't too far off. He has been one of our best players so maybe swap him and Johansson. Scratch Noesen

Edited by Vic Rattlehead18

34 minutes ago, Jerzey said:

He’d be our new 3rd line center. I don’t think Hall has a 4 point night with Zajac as his center.

And I don't think it would be a knock on Zajac at all if he became this team's 3rd-line center.  He'd technically be overpaid, but I think he could flourish there, in a veteran, I've got a lot of games under my belt kind of way...and it's not like he would never see first or second line time.  A guy whose value would be in his versatility and experience. 

Regardless of what line he's on, I'd be most inclined to put him with at least one defensively solid winger to match lines with the other team's best option. That should free up the offensively gifted guys, in theory, in most home games.Maybe playing Zajac with Gibbons and Bratt would be an option.

I think a 3rd line of Henrique - Zajac - Bratt would be a pretty phenomenal 3rd line, and would really show how the depth of the team has grown. That 3rd line could do it all, and you figure when/if we're all healthy our forward group could look a little something like:

Hall - Hischier - Palmieri
Johansson - Zacha - Stafford
Henrique - Zajac - Bratt
Gibbons/Wood - Boyle - Hayes

On 10/20/2017 at 3:01 PM, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

And I don't think it would be a knock on Zajac at all if he became this team's 3rd-line center.  He'd technically be overpaid, but I think he could flourish there, in a veteran, I've got a lot of games under my belt kind of way...and it's not like he would never see first or second line time.  A guy whose value would be in his versatility and experience. 

This team has guys that play in all situations, so all the lines are getting a lot of ice time right now. Zajac is a also role player, 3rd line...1st line...it doesn't really matter. He is a shutdown guy and can win faceoffs. I wouldn't consider Zajac overpaid on any line given his responsibility to shut down the other team's top lines and that would be what determines most of his ice time, not the line he is on. I hope the way I am explaining it makes sense :P.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

This team has guys that play in all situations, so all the lines are getting a lot of ice time right now. Zajac is a also role player, 3rd line...1st line...it doesn't really matter. He is a shutdown guy and can win faceoffs. I wouldn't consider Zajac overpaid on any line given his responsibility to shut down the other team's top lines and that would be what determines most of his ice time, not the line he is on. I hope the way I am explaining it makes sense :P.

No, I follow you.

It will be interesting to see how Zajac fits in with a good team...it feels like it's been so long since he's been on one. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Crisis said:

You could easily play that third line of 14-19-63 against any team's top line.  Reminds me of the good old Madden-Pando days.

I was just going to say, Zajac is starting to remind me of Madden, at least the direction he's headed anyway.  I think he's definitely still got a lot of skill left, but his role is probably going to diminish just because we're getting deeper up front, but that doesn't necessarily mean his impact will diminish.  Madden was pretty huge for us for a few years in the early 2000s as we all know, and I see Zajac gravitating towards that type of player.  Hopefully he's OK with it.

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping this because he's coming back SOON!!! :evil:

Coach Hynes on the status of Travis Zajac: “Travis is cleared to play. He won’t play this weekend but I would anticipate early next week.”

ETA: 

Andrew Gross ‏Verified account @AGrossRecord

Travis Zajac was asked about 4-6 prognosis after Aug. 17 surgery to repair torn left pectoral muscle. Zajac said there was an "internal timeline" and he says he's right on track with it.

3 months instead of 4-6? Yes please! 

Edited by LittleBallofHate
  • Like 4

Zajac needs to go back with Hall. They were quietly one of the better duos in the NHL last season, getting 54% of the shots and 60% of the goals in 640 mins. Yeah, gaudy point totals might not happen but they'll win the tough minutes, something NJ isn't doing now. Hall-Hischier are getting pummeled at 5v5, 44% of the shots and 43% of the goals in 120 mins. That's lottery bad. Hischier will be a 1C in the league, but this isn't the year. Put him at 2C and let him go ham on middle lines and non-top pairings.  

• Like 5

Asking Nico to continue going up against the league's elite top lines is unfair and can wear him down. Drop him down a line and let him continue to build confidence against weaker opponents.

My Lines when Zajac and Jo return:

Hall-Zajac-Palmieri

Bratt-Nico-Johanssen

Henrique-Boyle-Stafford

Gibbons-Coleman-Wood

We have a damn good forward set.

Edited by devlman
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, devlman said:

Asking Nico to continue going up against the league's elite top lines is unfair and can wear him down. Drop him down a line and let him continue to build confidence against weaker opponents.

Hall-Zajac-Palmieri

Bratt-Nico-Johanssen

Henrique-Boyle-Stafford

Gibbons-Coleman-Wood

He's going to get worn down anyway because he's still a bit on the weak side and will play more games this year than he's ever played. But I wouldn't shield him, expose him to everything the NHL has to offer in moderation.

54 minutes ago, devlman said:

Hall-Zajac-Palmieri

Bratt-Nico-Johanssen

Henrique-Boyle-Stafford

Gibbons-Coleman-Wood

My gut feeling has always been, Zajac is not a first line center. 

That being said, I think based on that lineup, he has to be. I can’t argue with any of those lines honestly. That team should be really good. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, '7' said:

He's going to get worn down anyway because he's still a bit on the weak side and will play more games this year than he's ever played. But I wouldn't shield him, expose him to everything the NHL has to offer in moderation.

I don't disagree on the NHL being more taxing than what he's faced before, but he played 83 games last season between QMJHL regular season, playoffs and representing Switzerland at U18/U20. 

Edited by Marshall

1 hour ago, devlman said:

Hall-Zajac-Palmieri

Bratt-Nico-Johanssen

Henrique-Boyle-Stafford

Gibbons-Coleman-Wood

You’re ready to give up on Zacha?