GDT: Broadway Blowhards @ Devils 7:00 PM

MadDog2020

Where did you read this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Devils Twitter was still pushing tickets late this morning.

I agree, it's a disgrace; and the empty seats at center ice for the home opener were a disgrace too. For a fanbase that's holding the new ownership under intense expectations, we're doing an awful job actually doing what we need to do (filling the seats). I'm expecting a lot of Rags in the building tonight...

Edited by DJ Eco

I agree, it's a disgrace; and the empty seats at center ice for the home opener were a disgrace too. For a fanbase that's holding the new ownership under intense expectations, we're doing an awful job actually doing what we need to do (filling the seats). I'm expecting a lot of Rags in the building tonight...

I think it'll be enough for them to call it a sell out. I was at Phill's opening night, and there were at least 500 empty seats, and there was a "ticket upgrade" window that I believe had stuff available. Still they call every game a sell out. Doesn't seem that unusual except in places like Toronto and Montreal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The prices for this game at box office value are rather ridiculous. If anything should prove that prices are off on this it's that neither the Devils or Rangers fanbases are willing to pay these prices.

If you're on a budget and can only see one game this week you're most likely gonna go for the cheaper game on Friday and for Rangers fans they can go for a cheaper game at the Garden of Monday against Minnesota.

Edited by Satans Hockey

If only the relationship between the ownership and the fans was one of true "good faith," then you're statement would make sense.  But don't kid yourself, these owners are full of gimmicks to make Pru Center and The Rock as disirable as an entertainment venue as Radio City Music Hall is during the holidays.  Money, money, money.

The only way I get back into those seats, especially at those prices, is if this team puts together a competitive group that wins, and wins consistently, without all the gimmicks.

This game will not be a sellout and that's ok...because nobody is selling out anywhere anymore. The canucks just had their sellout streak stopped. The Rags and Flyers had empties in their home openers. If you flip through games around the league you see tons of empties all the time in every arena except Montreal. And places like Florida are drawing 4-5k and trying to claim it's double that.

Heck even the NFL is having tons of issues as teams like Oakland, Tennessee, Washington, Jacksonville, Miami, Carolina and many others are playing to literally half empty stadiums. Last night the PITTSBURGH STEELERS (who play in a smallish by nfl standards 65,000 seat stadium) had thousands of visible empties on a Monday night game.

this is not just us

Let's go boys! I'll be there tonight, all the P.C. softie crap goes out the window when those win-nothing d-bags pop up in our arena with their faux-superiority complex and big mouths. Let's get another win, we've been the better team head-to-head with them for 3 seasons now.

I mean, even the anti YSers should agree it all goes out the window when it's the Rangers lol.

fvck em all. I've never met a fanbase with more entitled fans. Not even Flyer fans.

Loved ya as a player Johnny Mac...always will, you'll always be my favorite Devil.  But I'm not so sure this on-air gig is going to work...

I mean, even the anti YSers should agree it all goes out the window when it's the Rangers lol.

fvck em all. I've never met a fanbase with more entitled fans. Not even Flyer fans.

Only games I ever cheered you suck are against the Rags. Its also when I'd partake in the first third of the Rangers suck chant.

LET'S GO DEVILS!