2018 UFA Thread

Derlique

10 minutes ago, aclc79 said:

I'll bet Shero is waiting as other GM,s overpay for their UFA's, and then he'll pick up what we need and will not overpay.  Those other guys will have trouble hanging on to a good part of their rosters, and then we clean up.

There's just no one to get that excited about in the FA market. Ray is doing the right thing showing restraint. The Devils are going to get worse next year because other teams will get better. The reason the Devils are screwed is because in the five years they sucked, they managed to get very little through the draft, though, some results are yet to be seen. 

Edit: Barring some more Shero magic we will get worse. 

Edited by Neb00rs
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

I have to say, Islanders fans will have the right to absolutely spew hate and vitriol at Tavares when he returns to play the Islanders, especially given how this whole thing was handled. That and they should probably tar and feather Garth Snow. 

The Lou/trotz hail Mary was too little too late. Should've been handled much earlier, but Garth not the guy to do it. He should be gone!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

There's just no one to get that excited about in the FA market. Ray is doing the right thing showing restraint. The Devils are going to get worse next year because other teams will get better. The reason the Devils are screwed is because in the five years they sucked, they managed to get very little through the draft, though, some results are yet to be seen. 

But don't wait too long for these young guys to develop....

3 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Ew John. That's gross. :puke:

Lol they gave him 5 years.

Yeah, don't blame Shero one bit on not trying to outbid Boston on that one.  Yikes.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

I have to say, Islanders fans will have the right to absolutely spew hate and vitriol at Tavares when he returns to play the Islanders, especially given how this whole thing was handled. That and they should probably tar and feather Garth Snow. 

Someone on HF was saying he told the Isles he didn’t want to be traded at the trade deadline. He pretty much fvcked them over. 

27 minutes ago, aclc79 said:

I'll bet Shero is waiting as other GM,s overpay for their UFA's, and then he'll pick up what we need and will not overpay.  Those other guys will have trouble hanging on to a good part of their rosters, and then we clean up.

I think Shero is waiting for the dust to settle with free agency and then he’ll be looking at trades

• Like 2

I'll be honest, I'm pissed that we haven't done anything significant today.

However, I will be happy if we get through today without signing James Neal.

Does he have connections to Shero? I think he traded for Neal, didn't he? Please, please don't bring in James Neal.

Does he have connections to Shero? I think he traded for Neal, didn't he? Please, please don't bring in James Neal.
Why no on Neal? He's a shoo-in for 30-40 goals.

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

Just now, Devilsfan118 said:

I, for one, have never worried about what the Devils have done or not done at the start of FA. SC's aren't won on July 1st.

• Like 3

Honestly the Moore deal is not that bad if the Bruins maintain D depth over the term of the contract. If they do, they have a pretty decently priced third-to-sometimes second pairing d-man entering the prime of his career. They have that piece filled for the long-term. 

Edited by Neb00rs