GDT: Kings @ Devils 7:00 PM MSG+ Boo Kovy Editon

MadDog2020

57 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

The fact that John Hynes got his contract EXTENDED in the middle of this sh!tstorm of a season is a pure embarrassment. 

I'm not entirely sold that Shero can turn this sh!t show around.  I'll stay on the bandwagon until after this off season but damn he's gotta pick it up after standing pat going into this year.

Hynes is a dime a dozen imo.  

Edited by titans04
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, titans04 said:

I'm not entirely sold that Shero can turn this sh!t show around.  I'll stay on the bandwagon until after this off season but damn he's gotta pick it up after standing pat going into this year.

Hynes is a dime a dozen imo.  

The way things are looking now, he’ll have a real opportunity to do so at the trade deadline, the draft and more importantly free agency.  Free agent forwards will likely include: Duchene, Stone, Panarin and Skinner. Not all of them are possibilities of course, but this is the offseason he has to stop pansy footing around with the cap space he keeps telling us about.  As nose Vermeil said of Larry Johnson, it’s time for Ray to take off the diapers. 

As for tonight, I can live with it.  Getting one of those top two picks by gaining ground on LA so far as lottery odds are concerned is worth Kovy scoring a meaningless goal on a goalie who likely will be playing elsewhere next year.

• Like 2

Sending Blackwood down was stupid - sure team, every team who has a chance to ride a young promising goalie does it regardless of standings. I mentioned Philly the other day, look at Binnington in St Louis. It gives any team a good shot of energy in addition to forcing them to pay attention to details defensively. Carry 3 goalies, it’s not the end of the world - just don’t send best goalie of the three down

• Like 1

I'm pretty convinced Hynes doesnt know what the hell he's doing, which is fine by me this season because I want a top pick in the draft.  But long term, it's very worrisome. 

As for Shero, if he does nothing again this offseason and Harris & Blitzer seem content with it,  them it might be time to hit the panic button with this franchise. 

4 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Kinkaid - .896Sv% 3.18 GAA

Schneider - .852Sv% 4.66 GAA

Is there a worse tandem in hockey right now? 

Meanwhile the kid who can actually stop the puck is riding the bus...

Can't send KK down. (if you're prepared to trade him)  Put 35 on waivers? How should the situation have been resolved? 29 had to go down. 

Just now, jagknife said:

Wait what? Don’t tease me... I can’t see post games so you gotta elaborate....

I didn't see it either (I bailed on this game with about 10:00 left in the 3rd), but I think he might be referring to this:

At any rate, if Blackwood is clearly the best option right now (and he is, and should've gotten the opportunity to keep playing up here), and the Devils can't be bothered to roll with the guy who gives them the best chance to win (for the immediate term, anyway), then I can't really be bothered to invest myself much in this team for the rest of this season. 

I know some will embrace tanking, and sure, there's a chance it pays off, but I really hate that sh!t.  Damn this season has turned into such an assload of fvck.  Bleech.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I didn't see it either (I bailed on this game with about 10:00 left in the 3rd), but I think he might be referring to this:

At any rate, if Blackwood is clearly the best option right now (and he is, and should've gotten the opportunity to keep playing up here), and the Devils can't be bothered to roll with the guy who gives them the best chance to win (for the immediate term, anyway), then I can't really be bothered to invest myself much in this team for the rest of this season. 

I know some will embrace tanking, and sure, there's a chance it pays off, but I really hate that sh!t.  Damn this season has turned into such an assload of fvck.  Bleech.

I’m really starting to think his team is just menatally blocked at this point. I don’t want to call it a “poor ya” mentality because of the rabbit they pull out of their asses every so often, but Kinkaid is definitely infected with Cory’s sad clown flu. It is almost as though you have to move one to try and break that feeling in net, cause Blackwood, while not perfect, definitely exuded confidence when he took to the crease. 

Also that third period effort still pisses me off, Tri was right it wasn’t that bad of a game.... until the 3rd. One team came out ready to play and the other was the Devils. And as much as I want to further sh!t on the power play, cause it was atrocious last night, they at least were on a heater entering the game.

• Like 2

Just now, jagknife said:

I’m really starting to think his team is just menatally blocked at this point. I don’t want to call it a “poor ya” mentality because of the rabbit they pull out of their asses every so often, but Kinkaid is definitely infected with Cory’s sad clown flu. It is almost as though you have to move one to try and break that feeling in net, cause Blackwood, while not perfect, definitely exuded confidence when he took to the crease. 

Also that third period effort still pisses me off, Tri was right it wasn’t that bad of a game.... until the 3rd. One team came out ready to play and the other was the Devils. And as much as I want to further sh!t on the power play, cause it was atrocious last night, they at least were on a heater entering the game.

As far as KK goes, I think the more that he's asked to do way too much, the more he gets exposed.  He's a backup who had one very memorable (and somewhat fortuitous) streak as a starter, but he is what he is.  In a lot of ways I feel bad for him because I never like when guys are set up to be in positions where they can't succeed.  Keith being in this position really has more to do with Cory than it does with Keith. 

Yeah, first two periods weren't bad...Tri wasn't offbase...one team buried its chances, the other didn't, and unfortunately these days whenever KK or Cory take the net, pucks just keep getting in behind them.  KK has an .879 save% in his last 20 GP (dating back to 11/23), and the less said about Cory, the better.  But those guys simply don't give their team any chance to win most nights in 2018-19.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, vadvlfan said:

Can't send KK down. (if you're prepared to trade him)  Put 35 on waivers? How should the situation have been resolved? 29 had to go down. 

I don’t know, that’s Shero’s job to figure out. Maybe carry 3 goalies? I could certainly live without Mueller, Santini, Rooney, Stafford, Gabriel, and several other players we keep trotting out there. 

• Like 1