Devils 2019-20 Lineup/Notes Thread

Neb00rs

18 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I don't hate the old unis (I have a white GW Huscroft, and red GWs Albelin and Kurvers...also a very old authentic Verbeek), I just never wanted to see them come back full time...I thought the red-and-black redesign was superior.  I'm on board with some kind of "hybrid" jersey that combined elements of the red and greens and red and blacks (in particular some of the stripes and trim).  But no green for me...not full-time, anyway.  

I always did like the old red and green home white much more than the red and green away reds.  And still do.  I do like the current Heritages a LOT.  But not as a primary jersey.  

Why not wear the Heritage jerseys on the road? I think it would be pretty cool. eh?

10 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Yeah that's a tough one. But at the end of the day if im Shero im sitting with him and i see what Kyle has in mind long term and i go from there

I'll bet Shero's going to have THE conversation with Sami, Greene, Travis,  Simmons:  Do you want an opportunity to go to a playoff bound team?  If it's presented? I can see Greener going to Isles w/ Lou? (w/ Pelech out for season)

19 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I don't hate the old unis (I have a white GW Huscroft, and red GWs Albelin and Kurvers...also a very old authentic Verbeek), I just never wanted to see them come back full time...I thought the red-and-black redesign was superior.  I'm on board with some kind of "hybrid" jersey that combined elements of the red and greens and red and blacks (in particular some of the stripes and trim).  But no green for me...not full-time, anyway.  

I always did like the old red and green home white much more than the red and green away reds.  And still do.  I do like the current Heritages a LOT.  But not as a primary jersey.  

I agree as I liked the white better than the red.  But I usually always like teams whites better.

Just need to go back full time IMO

12 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Yeah that's a tough one. But at the end of the day if im Shero im sitting with him and i see what Kyle has in mind long term and i go from there

He was basically floating the idea that the Devils are shopping Palms (and everyone else on the roster not named Hughes and Hischier), the Bruins would be a perfect fit for Palms as he would slot in as their 2RW, and all it should take is Bjork and a 4th round pick, a la the Charlie Coyle deal from last year.  Cites to 1 unnamed assistant GM for backing as well as the fact that Palms trains up in Foxboro in the offseason. 

This trade makes total sense for the Bruins and very little for the Devils. I believe Bjork, although a good prospect, has had 2 major shoulder injuries already, and is on the last year of his ELC.  If Shero made that deal, I would be really pissed.  Palms is under contract for another year at a reasonable AAV.  He loves playing here, is great in the community, is a consistent producer, and can help teach these kids how to be pros.  We can't have a roster full of 20 year olds.  There is no reason to trade him unless the return is something ridiculous that you can't turn down.  This seemed like a filler piece by the writer because there are no real stories to write about during the dog days of the NHL season.    

1 hour ago, MrBreeze said:

That's good to know, and it makes sense.  I know he wants a Cup, but he's still young enough where he has a lot of time to make that happen, and he hasn't even been here a year yet, so he wouldn't be giving it a fair shake it he wanted out this soon.  Plus, with a head coach and now a GM to fill, there's a lot of changes on the horizon and reason to be optimistic about where they can go and will be in the near future.

24 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

That's good to know, and it makes sense.  I know he wants a Cup, but he's still young enough where he has a lot of time to make that happen, and he hasn't even been here a year yet, so he wouldn't be giving it a fair shake it he wanted out this soon.  Plus, with a head coach and now a GM to fill, there's a lot of changes on the horizon and reason to be optimistic about where they can go and will be in the near future.

The irony is that these comments are kinda why I'm not a big fan, and have cemented my image of him.  He's just a little too happy and content no matter what's going on...just not all that invested and happy enough to just show up and play.  I don't expect these guys to throw sh!tfits over every last loss (and on a shaky team like the Devils, it's kinda pointless to do that anyway), but I definitely want more guys who hate losing.  Not $9 million former stars who seem like they're "covered", even if they're having a bad year on a bad team.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

10 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

The irony is that these comments are kinda why I'm not a big fan, and have cemented my image of him.  He's just a little too happy and content no matter what's going on...just not all that invested and happy enough to just show up and play.  I don't expect these guys to throw sh!tfits over every last loss (and on a shaky team like the Devils, it's kinda pointless to do that anyway), but I definitely want more guys who hate losing.  Not $9 million former stars who seem like they're "covered", even if they're having a bad year on a bad team.  

I think you’re reading too much into it. He was asked that question and to explain his overall attitude about being a Devil. He pointed out the positives because he wants to stay. I’m sure he’s ticked about the season (and his play) but, like all of us, recognized we are a very young team.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, devlman said:

I think you’re reading too much into it. He was asked that question and to explain his overall attitude about being a Devil. He pointed out the positives because he wants to stay. I’m sure he’s ticked about the season (and his play) but, like all of us, recognized we are a very young team.

Agreed. No one is content being a loser, even if you're paid a lot of money. You play to win.

2 minutes ago, devlman said:

Probably fair, but like I've said before, just feels like PK would've been so right at home on those late-90s early-00s Ranger teams.

15 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I didn't really get that from what he said - he said he's paid to show up and play, so I think he realizes that he has a job to do and it's up to him to perform at a certain level.  Every person and player deals with the emotions of loss in their own way, but as others have said I think just the essence of being a professional athlete most likely means that the person has a fair amount of competitiveness in them, and thereby hates losing and isn't content to just collect a paycheck.

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Probably fair, but like I've said before, just feels like PK would've been so right at home on those late-90s early-00s Ranger teams.

I'd give it a little more time before making that judgment - it's too early for me to make a determination and label a guy like "he doesn't care enough, and he's making 9M so why should he".  Guy's only been here half a year.