Fire Hynes

Daniel

Here’s an idea, call up Mike Grier’s brother Chris, the GM of the Dolphins and ask if their coach, Brian Flores knows literally anything about hockey, like that you need to put on skates to play it, and have him coach the team when football is over.  Flores is getting the most out of a team that was explicitly built to lose.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jagknife said:

I got your Uber from the Falls to Buffalo-Niagara International Airport. You’re on the hook for flights to and from though... sorry

Still completely worth it.  Would be considered the smartest money I’ve ever spent.  In fact, I’ll vouch for the insurance to verify the package has reached its final destination with the contents still in the same position at the end of its journey.  Whose meeting me there with the champagne?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

Here’s an idea, call up Mike Grier’s brother Chris, the GM of the Dolphins and ask if their coach, Brian Flores knows literally anything about hockey, like that you need to put on skates to play it, and have him coach the team when football is over.  Flores is getting the most out of a team that was explicitly built to lose.

At least one of our teams has a coach....

2 hours ago, devlman said:

What a shame that it takes the ny post to call out Ray on this. Our beat writers continue to ask or write about fluff.

From the screenshots I saw posted that were retweeted, it looks like Abbey was saying during yesterday's game that the fire Hynes chants were "not gaining any traction."  Sorry but from the videos I saw it came through pretty loud and clear.  She apparently later deleted those tweets.

Further proof our non-team employed beat writers are part of the Devils Pravda.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

From the screenshots I saw posted that were retweeted, it looks like Abbey was saying during yesterday's game that the fire Hynes chants were "not gaining any traction."  Sorry but from the videos I saw it came through pretty loud and clear.  She apparently later deleted those tweets.

She is pathetic. A troll of nearly every aspect of the word. I also don’t refer to her by name, ever, cause it’s like a badge of honor to her. She is the Gerald Broflovski of beat writers, but instead of using an online persona of SkankHunt, she just does it herself.

Edited by jagknife
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

My only quibble with the above is that I would be OK with an interim guy for now.  I don’t think he has to find THE guy right away.  But Hynes and his crew definitely gotta go.  

Oh yeah I didn't mean he needs to find the guy to replace Hynes in the next two months, more he needs to start the process. 

I really thought Fitz was being groomed to be the interim when he came behind the bench.  Maybe that's still the plan, but this coaching staff needs to go. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

I heard the chant clear as day on my speakers when watching the game. 

9 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

27 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I was sitting in the Lofts for that game...I would say there was one batch of "FIRE HYNES!" had some real steam behind it.  There were a few other attempts, but they never really fully got going...you could hear them a little, but they were disjointed and died off relatively quickly.  Hopefully we'll see that kicked up a notch or three as long as Hynes still has a job. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I was sitting in the Lofts for that game...I would say there was one batch of "FIRE HYNES!" had some real steam behind it.  There were a few other attempts, but they never really fully got going...you could hear them a little, but they were disjointed and died off relatively quickly.  Hopefully we'll see that kicked up a notch or three as long as Hynes still has a job. 

Should be easier to get it going without all the morons in blue in the crowd. Especially if they lose tonight in Buffalo and are losing tomorrow at home. 

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Some FIRE HYNES signs peppered around the crowd would be good too on Tuesday.

I'm surprised, and disappointed, that this hasn't happened yet.  

I have a friend who owns a t-shirt printing company - if someone will wear it, I will see if I can get that mock one made that I posted a few weeks ago.  I'll send it to you free of charge, would just need to know the size for whoever intends to wear it.

12 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

At this point, knowing Shero and Hynes have a very close relationship.. I'm going to guess the firing comes after the holidays.

No one wants to have to leave their friend unemployed at Christmas.

You have more faith than I do.  I have no reason to believe Hynes is getting fired anytime soon.  If that's truly the reason, Shero is a fool and lets his emotions get in the way of business. Hynes is a millionaire.  He's going to be just fine.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

At this point, knowing Shero and Hynes have a very close relationship.. I'm going to guess the firing comes after the holidays.

Hynes got a contract extension over the summer and they will have to pay out his entire contract if they fire him. That alone is a nice enough Christmas gift to your buddy. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

If he gets fired the Devils will still be paying him so I wouldn't feel too sorry for him. Not only will he still be able to buy his kids Christmas presents he'll have plenty of time at home to enjoy the festivities.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

You have more faith than I do.  I have no reason to believe Hynes is getting fired anytime soon.  If that's truly the reason, Shero is a fool and lets his emotions get in the way of business. Hynes is a millionaire.  He's going to be just fine.

Do not disagree - it's a stupid justification.  I would hope Shero isn't thinking like this but.. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case, honestly.

7 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Hynes got a contract extension over the summer and they will have to pay out his entire contract if they fire him. That alone is a nice enough Christmas gift to your buddy. 

Also do not disagree, at all.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

The extension was given to him in January of this season, and it was only to keep him from being a lame duck this year.  It was a pretty half-hearted extension...the bare minimum, really.  He's under contract through the end of next season.

28 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Should be easier to get it going without all the morons in blue in the crowd. Especially if they lose tonight in Buffalo and are losing tomorrow at home. 

The bolded is a fair point.  By my eyes, I'd say it was about 40% Ranger fans...and of course, since they were the only ones that had anything to cheer about, they made their presence well-known. 

I gotta admit, I can't believe Hynes wasn't canned after that game.  There's more than enough that's happened that NO ONE could argue that this would've been a knee-jerk reaction. 

I'm still hopeful with Shero (I've said this elsewhere, but I think most of his moves have been good ones that just aren't working out, especially lately), but keeping Hynes here is almost starting to feel like trolling...damned near Met-like. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

The posts about timing of Hynes getting fired make me laugh every time. 

“ I’m going to be upset if he isn’t fired by 10am tomorrow”. 

There is ZERO indication that he will even be fired at all, let along on anyone’s perceived time schedule.