2021 Seattle Expansion Draft

Jerzey

1 minute ago, Crisis said:

I'd be more upset if Bastian gets got

I don’t want to see the super friends line broken up either. I think he’s pretty safe though. I’ll be very surprised if it’s not Johnsson. 

• Like 2

Just now, MB3 said:

I would be upset to lose Subban. He’s a reliable top-4 defenseman who’s owed only $2m in real cash this year, easily tradable with money retained at the deadline if the Devils aren’t competing. 

that would be a tough asset to lose for free

That’s why I was hoping we’d protect PK in the end.

19 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

Subban is the only one I’d be sad to see go, but he’s probably gone after his contract anyways. 

I agree but I feel like losing him for free is a mistake when they could have gotten something for him at the deadline. If they exposed Siegenthaler instead, I think there was a low risk he gets taken. 

8 minutes ago, Crisis said:

With the amount of high cap, higher skilled players available, I don't know if I see Seattle wasting their cap space on Subban.  There are a lot of quality players they can pick up and easily clear the floor.

They could’ve named the team the Seattle Former All-stars…

6 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Tampa's list is insane.  So full of talent... Gourde, Coleman, Ruutta, Palat, Killorn, Colton, Johnson. 

If they're smart, they'll take Cal Foote.

Yeah. I was dreamin about trade for another Foote. 

• Like 1

The Devils have got to some spending to do to get to the cap floor as it is. If Subban is taken, that's going to make that situation even worse. Gotta hope that a top level D is signed with that all that cap space.

It'll be interesting to see what deals teams have done with Seattle to take or not take certain players. I have to say that there's some good players on the available list. Landeskog, Adam Larsson, Hamilton, Holtby, Hall. Wednesday is going to be an interesting day.

8 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

The Devils have got to some spending to do to get to the cap floor as it is. If Subban is taken, that's going to make that situation even worse. Gotta hope that a top level D is signed with that all that cap space.

It'll be interesting to see what deals teams have done with Seattle to take or not take certain players. I have to say that there's some good players on the available list. Landeskog, Adam Larsson, Hamilton, Holtby, Hall. Wednesday is going to be an interesting day.

How far are we from the floor without Subban?

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Ya pretty bold of Fitz to risk PK and losing another $9m off our cap. Makes you wonder if he doesn’t have something else at play. 

I'd like to believe he's going to be big on Hamilton and possibly chase Jones

We know he was willing to gamble on Tarasenko too so this could be his "lets speed this process up a bit" summer

• Like 1