Jimmy Hayes dead

mikemarc1

RIP. That is a real shame, I feel bad for his young children.

@Buccigross Former NHL player Jimmy Hayes has died. 31 years old. I just chatted with him last week at a golf course. He leaves behind wife Kristen & two young boys, 2 and 3 months. Also brother Kevin, three sisters and a Mom and Dad. Devastating news for family and Boston hockey community.

11 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Not to nitpick, but I don't see a single "selfie" from this even on his twitter or instagram

Not to keep this going cause this thread shouldnt be about this and be about Jimmy. But I said selfie in the general sense of posting a picture of yourself at said event. In which there's 2 of those but anyway.

Seeings how a guy like Jimmy was beloved and inspired other players in the NHL with his personality is really putting in perspective that you really need all sorts of guys in a locker room. You can have all the talent in the world in the room, if the group is only about skills and not about being a group and having fun, you don't get too far and guys like Jimmy may not be the most skilled but they sure are the glue putting it all together.

There's rarely any way to sugarcoat anyone's passing. Maybe when the person is long retired, suffering with an illness or had a long life it's easier to find "some sort" of positives and focus on what they did and left behind. But when a life is cut short with so much more to offer it's just terrible. Gotta feel for his family.

Edited by SterioDesign