2021-2022 Around the League thread

MadDog2020

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Honestly, the fvcking video coach shouldn't be on there anyway, Maybe we should have put Dancing Earl on there.

(I don't know when Dancing Earl became a thing, but the point remains the same). 

Speaking of Dancing Earl I read he was sick recently and in the hospital. I don't want the front office to publish that they did or anything but I really hope they reached out to him and will assist with him with his medical bills. They use him enough as essentially a mascot of the team for so many years that it would be a nice gesture to take care of him. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Jerrydevil said:

It’s the same culture in which Scott Stevens laid out Slava Kozlov and mouthed “you’re next” to the Red Wings bench. It’s the same culture in which Stevens led the Devils to a championship playing with post-concussion syndrome.

It is truly a culture that cuts both ways. It produces heroes, it produces cowards.

Totally respect your opinion but don't in anyway see the Scott Stevens scenario and an entire organization from top to bottom covering up/completely ignoring a sexual assault situation against one of their own prospects for 10 years as being in the same ballpark. Then mix in that they  go and still write the guy a recommendation knowing all this and he goes on to sexually assault a 16 year old boy and ends up in jail.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

The Blackhawks requested Aldrich’s name be removed from the Cup.

They should remove some other names too.

ah yes the same team that had him in the celebration pics on ice, gave him a day with the cup and wrote him that letter of recommendation that helped him get another job where he assaulted a 16 year old boy that finally landed him in jail albeit very briefly. Let's not overlook his routine of taking a 14 -15 year old intern into the Hawks locker room for drinks post game on game nights which is also in the report. While unnamed I believe he went on to play in the NHL too. I think he may have be labeled a friend of the family at the time although I could be wrong about that part. 

F*uck the hawks, should be way more than that scumbags name XXXXX out on the cup. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Jerrydevil said:

I'm not trashing them. The "strip the C" stuff is a gross overreaction.

I'd be exalting the player who stood up for Kyle Beach, though. That would be an exceptional person.  

Given Toews' response to this eleven years later, at 33 years old it really isn't.  Even now he backed management at the expense of one of his peers who was morally wronged.  How could you look up to him as a captain in that room after that display?

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Given Toews' response to this eleven years later, at 33 years old it really isn't.  Even now he backed management at the expense of one of his peers who was morally wronged.  How could you look up to him as a captain in that room after that display?

Yeah, what he said was thoughtless and lacked self-awareness. You could argue he shouldn't be captain, I still think it's too harsh a position because he doesn't seem to be negligent like Quenneville and the Blackhawks brass were. 

51 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

Yeah, what he said was thoughtless and lacked self-awareness. You could argue he shouldn't be captain, I still think it's too harsh a position because he doesn't seem to be negligent like Quenneville and the Blackhawks brass were. 

He knew this day was coming all summer and that was what he came up with?   Yeah, he’s not responsible for Aldridge not being turned in 11years ago but he is guilty of continuing to be a sh!t stain of a human being.   That might be good reason to strip the C 

Edited by Lateralous
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

Saying that someone who KNOWINGLY covered up a sexual assault “isn’t a bad person” is one of the most braindead, tone def, childish things to say. Never mind his dumbass is 30+ years old. Zero. Excuses.

he 100% would not feel the same way about the perpetrator if it was someone close to him whom was assaulted. He is a coward who doesn’t care about his people. fvck him.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

That will surely only serve to help his image and reputation, a slow-mo HD shot of him trying to punch another player in the nads.

I don’t think he was actively trying to nut-punch him, I think it was more of a gut shot but off balance so he missed. That being said, I quoted more for the Cam & Strick banter.

• Like 1

I still think Eichel will go to Vegas.

Vegas' all out approach will very likely bite them in the ass in a few years already. I understand the need to come out of the gate like this when you have a new team in the US where fans don't show up if you don't win. I get that.

But trading their young prospects (like suzuki and glass) or draft pick for older established players to win now or commit to long-term contracts to ufa. Plus not like they have a decade of drafting that they were able to develop slowly. They really don't have much since they've only been in the league for a few years. In a few years already their core will be past their prime and strapped to a lot of money, won't be getting the job done anymore and they won't have much prospects coming up to help, that's just naturally what's going to happen. 

So they better hope that IF they throw a bunch of assets to Buffalo that it's paying off and that they win the cup or else they just fast tracked their imminent downfall 

Seattle IMO took the better long term approach, they'll suck a it longer but they should have a more stable club long term by building a team through years

Edited by SterioDesign

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

I still think Eichel will go to Vegas.

Vegas' all out approach will very likely bite them in the ass in a few years already. I understand the need to come out of the gate like this when you have a new team in the US where fans don't show up if you don't win. I get that.

But trading their young prospects (like suzuki and glass) or draft pick for older established players to win now or commit to long-term contracts to ufa. Plus not like they have a decade of drafting that they were able to develop slowly. They really don't have much since they've only been in the league for a few years. In a few years already their core will be past their prime and strapped to a lot of money, won't be getting the job done anymore and they won't have much prospects coming up to help, that's just naturally what's going to happen. 

So they better hope that IF they throw a bunch of assets to Buffalo that it's paying off and that they win the cup or else they just fast tracked their imminent downfall 

Seattle IMO took the better long term approach, they'll suck a it longer but they should have a more stable club long term by building a team through years

vegas would fill stands regardless of the team.  that tiny city is very dedicated to their team. everywhere you go you see a knights or raiders stickers on cars. 

as for the team. they should go for it. a nice 3 yr window. they been to the dance already and i bet they are hungry. id blow a bunch of players and top picks for a chance at A cup. 

gonna leave it, but you know what i mean. 

Edited by pumpkin cutter

27 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

vegas would fill stands regardless of the team.  that tiny city is very dedicated to their team. everywhere you go you see a knights or raiders stickers on cars. 

as for the team. they should go for it. a nice 3 yr window. they been to the dance already and i bet they are hungry. id blow a bunch of players and top picks for a chance at A cup. 

gonna leave it, but you know what i mean. 

Well it's like playing Mario Kart.

If you're in the top 3. Are you going to just try to really focus on playing safe and wait for your opportunity to take the lead and to potentially win the championship by staying in the top spots every race. As long as you're in the top 3 and in the mix, there's a chance. 

Or you wanna risk taking one of those shortcut to get ahead a few spots but if you miss and fall off the track you're guaranteed to drop to the last places.

i mean, both approaches are fine. But if you try to take the shortcut and miss, you can't get too mad for being last place then cause you knew that was going to happen haha Same thing with Vegas, they know what they are doing but they also know it's gonna cost them in the future, as long as they are fine with that, well wtv

Edited by SterioDesign

On 10/30/2021 at 7:19 PM, SterioDesign said:

Well it's like playing Mario Kart.

If you're in the top 3. Are you going to just try to really focus on playing safe and wait for your opportunity to take the lead and to potentially win the championship by staying in the top spots every race. As long as you're in the top 3 and in the mix, there's a chance. 

Or you wanna risk taking one of those shortcut to get ahead a few spots but if you miss and fall off the track you're guaranteed to drop to the last places.

i mean, both approaches are fine. But if you try to take the shortcut and miss, you can't get too mad for being last place then cause you knew that was going to happen haha Same thing with Vegas, they know what they are doing but they also know it's gonna cost them in the future, as long as they are fine with that, well wtv

I don't know about this.  I think you need to take the shortcut to put some space between yourself and second place so you can stay out of the red shell territory.  Granted, the blue shell is always a threat, especially when you have a big lead.  But say you do fall off and take last place, you're more than guaranteed to be paid a visit by Billy the Bullet and it will put it back where you started.  It really depends on what lap you are on.

That being said, being a Devils fan, I obviously understand the importance of not selling the pipeline, but for a team like Vegas, they are basically built on winning a cup a this year or next, and if they do it, it doesn't matter how bad they are the next few years after it.  I feel like they have gone this far so in my opinion, committing and bringing in Eichel isn't the worst decision.  And it isn't like he is 28-31 years old.  He himself is a long term asset.