GDT: It’s About Time! - Devils vs Kraken - 19 Oct @ 7p (Eastern)

jagknife

1 hour ago, MB3 said:

Trading their own pick to move up in a draft to select a WR in a WR-heavy first round is franchise malpractice, though. Stay put and draft DaVonta Smith, for fvcks sake. If you're going to trade up, do it for a LT like Slater... not for a dime-a-dozen WR like Waddle. The fact that they very likely finish this year with a top-5 pick and Philadelphia makes that choice is the kind of thing that sets back a rebuild yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeears. 

Yeah Chris Grier is not a good GM. I’d be all for another total house cleaning at this point. But Ross will probably just take another half measure, like he always does. Bottom line- I am not going to see a Super Bowl until I’m 90, if I make it that far lol.

5 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yeah Chris Grier is not a good GM. I’d be all for another total house cleaning at this point. But Ross will probably just take another half measure, like he always does. Bottom line- I am not going to see a Super Bowl until I’m 90, if I make it that far lol.

I feel for ya.  Looked like you were headed in the right direction.

I kinda know the Pats are in for some tough years...the all-time great who had a way of making EVERYONE in NE look good is gone (I understood why, from both his and the team's standpoints), and now the Pats are just another team (do think Mac could be good though).  In the offseason BB attempted some Lou-style band-aiding, and it's not working.  Not saying the Pats can't or won't eventually be a solid team again, but not this year...really depends if BB tries some more band-aids in trying to build a 10-7 team, or starts a rebuild...of course, not like a tear-down results in guaranteed success either.

• Like 1

https://www.nhl.com/devils/news/severson-activated-from-ir-blackwood-retroactively-placed-on-ir/c-327003402?fbclid=IwAR3Ss49KjoSCyO3LTM5GcgGve5c1aVzEJoK07-iS1_hx5qO6QRu_wN5qT7Y

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I want Bastian and McLeod to fight. They won’t. But I want it. 

This alone would be worth the price of admission 🤣

14 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Good to see Seves back in the lineup

Will be great when Ty gets back into the lineup too.

Will be even greater when PK can start to be healthy-scratched (or is simply no longer here), though can't see that coming anytime soon...not like the current D-corp is chock full of exclamation points...I expect he'll be given a fair chunk of games to get into a solid groove.  Not attacking him as a person or anything like that, and his teammates seem to like him quite a bit, but for the most part since coming here, he just hasn't been very good...he was just awful Friday night.  Get the feeling that whatever deal he signs next, it's going to be for, well, not much, and probably a one-year deal.  

• Like 2