GDT: 10/28/2022 Avalanche @ Devils Please No Washington Part Deux Kind of Game

Colorado Rockies 1976

Just now, Devil Dan 56 said:

I was hoping the Devils would hang with the defending champs, and they did way more than that. Vanecek looked great and the defense really helped shut them down 

For sure our best defensive effort of the last two seasons. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

What a fantastic game, I wonder how many people lost money in betting the over tonight lol 

VV was absolutely awesome. Gotta keep playing him. 

Great crowd tonight, loud and into it all night. 

Hope this continues Sunday. 

Too bad MSG has been doing a terrible job with audio and miking the crowds. Couldn’t tell watching on TV how the atmosphere was.

38 minutes ago, devlman said:

Too bad MSG has been doing a terrible job with audio and miking the crowds. Couldn’t tell watching on TV how the atmosphere was.

33 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Yup not even a little, really. 

That's a shame, idk what's going on with their audio, it's been hit or miss since the covid empty games. One game here and there is fine but it really shouldn't be something that happens again and again. I've messaged this account before when I've watched games with audio problems and they always respond and fix it so definitely let them know, they appreciate it and even asked for my feedback on one game to see if it was fixed...

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

Same as Rock, just got home.  Of course the usual suspects did what they do (Tatar, Seves), but this was a hell of an impressive effort.  As deflating at those first two losses of the season were (especially how FAMILIAR that they looked and felt), this game was so encouraging.  A power play goal AND a lot of fine defense…felt like a dual exorcism of nASS and Recchi.

I know Palat being out and Holtz needing seasoning complicates things, but good lord, something’s gotta give with Tatar.  At the very least it’s not fair to saddle Hischier with a complete stiff like that.  He just sucks ass.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, devlman said:

This is why Severson will never be on winning teams. Took all our momentum and sh!t right on it like usually does.

Yeah all he’s really done this season is prove that he has no business being a part of this thing going forward…the team is rapidly outgrowing him.  Like I said, classic bad-team player.  All he’ll ever be.  

• Like 2

And on a side note…the food in the Loft this year has largely been the best it’s ever been.  Everything has been fresh and things that were prone to being dried out (like soft pretzel bites) haven’t been.  Nice to see such good quality there.

• Like 2