Trade Deadline Targets: Discuss

mikepeluso8

2 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

Finally, someone else besides us is talking about Tom Wilson. I gotta admit, this would be an awesome consolation prize if we pass on Timo.

Screenshot_20230225-130353_Gallery.jpg

I can’t describe how thrilled I’d be to acquire Tom Wilson. He’s just the type of a$$hole we need, in that he is indeed a huge a$$hole, but is also actually good at hockey. He lives rent free in the Rags’ heads. Please Fitz- make this happen. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

I can’t describe how thrilled I’d be to acquire Tom Wilson. He’s just the type of a$$hole we need, in that he is indeed a huge a$$hole, but is also actually good at hockey. He lives rent free in the Rags’ heads. Please Fitz- make this happen. 

Just freaking do both, get Meier, blackmail another team like the Dolan/Rangers do, beat them at their own game.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Honestly if we miss Meier I'd probably be just as excited to have Tom Wilson at this point. Hughes would skate with reckless abandon knowing he's got someone protecting him, and Wilson would absolutely live rent free in all of the Rags' heads during round one. It would be awesome. 

Islanders have Martin and Romanov. Boston has Frederic. Rangers have...well, nobody anymore lol.  We need Wilson!

Edited by slasher72
  • Like 1

A lot of teams are making short term decisions to win the cup, however, I think we have a slim chance of making it past the second round. If the Rangers had Kane, Timo and Tarasenko, would still have a low chance of winning. We also have to stop seeing what others are doing and making panic moves. I'd much rather be a Stanley Cup contender for the next 10 years rather than put myself in salary cap hell. We were like that with Stevens and Neids, I have full confidence we are on our way to becoming that group once again with Hughes L, Nemec and Hamilton on our blue line. If we can get Timo without handicapping ourselves, great. I do like the Tom Wilson angle, seems like a more legitimate option and an upgrade on D as well.

Edited by Anhkheg
typo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Anhkheg said:

A lot of teams are making short term decisions to win the cup, however, I think we have a slim chance of making it past the second round. If the Rangers had Kane, Timo and Tarasenko, would still have a low chance of winning. We also have to stop seeing what others are doing and making panic moves. I'd much rather be a Stanley Cup contender for the next 10 years rather than put myself in salary cap hell. We were like that with Stevens and Neids, I have full confidence we are on our way to becoming that group once again with Luke, Nemec and Hamilton on our blue line. If we can get Timo with handicapping ourselves, great. I do like the Tom Wilson angle, seems like a more legitimate option and an upgrade on D as well.

We haven't made any moves yet lol.

3 minutes ago, Henriqued said:

Tanner Jeannot could be a cheaper Tom Wilson to consider if Nashville becomes a seller. Hasn't matched his 24 goals from last year but is still cheap and an RFA. Would be an upgrade over anyone on our 4th line

I’d rather have the real article than the poor man’s version. 

Wilson is terrorizing the Rags as we speak. Make it happen Fitz. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I’d rather have the real article than the poor man’s version. 

Wilson is terrorizing the Rags as we speak. Make it happen Fitz. 

Wilson to the Devils would be like flies on the Rangers' birthday cake. All the weekend celebrating would be followed by a long, "ohhhhhh sh!t". 😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy Leeds said:

And good riddance!  2 of those 3 were just mean people. 

Wilson is very interesting, Domi would not bother me, but Timo by the end of the weekend please!

If they insist on Mercer though, no way. That's my only fear.

Domi (pest, fighter, sometimes scorer) + Tom Wilson (fighter, bruiser, bad ass) = Xmas for Devils fans lol 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I want nothing to do with Domi on this team 

I agree, while he can be a pest and has put up some points this year I think he has like 20 total hits on the year. We need someone who can clean up and bring some physicality 

Domi would be funny since Tie supposedly still hates the Devils to this day. But I’d prefer Wilson if we can’t get Meier. Meier is much more of a long term acquisition and can change the teams dynamic playing with Nico or Jack for the better part of the next decade. Wilson would be that Claude Lemieux dirt bag that this team hasn’t had in a long time. 

• Like 1