Trade Deadline Targets: Discuss

mikepeluso8

11 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

Please no to Mercer. It's the type of move that would come back to bite us in the ass in more ways than one.

I trust Fitz has enough common sense not to do it. 

Yeah I don’t care how god Meier is not trading mercer. Maybe San Jose will budge. Maybe they won’t. I just hope we have plan b ready. 

20 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

Please no to Mercer. It's the type of move that would come back to bite us in the ass in more ways than one.

I trust Fitz has enough common sense not to do it. 

I suspect Mercer being involved is a deal-breaker for Fitz.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I suspect Mercer being involved is a deal-breaker for Fitz.

It is annoying they are only leaking this about NJ. So what is the ask from CAR, WPG, STL-- Jarvis, Quinn, 3 firsts as starters? I could see STL doing the 3 firsts but idk if they have a prospect like that to offer.

7 hours ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

I feel like everyone keeps forgetting there needs to be a contract attached to this guy. If he gets traded else where and decides he doesn’t want to stay there long term how great would it be if we signed him in the off season and gave up nothing lol

Exactly, this is why I don’t believe Fitz will be all in on Timo.  The team is young and with a couple good of depth pieces they could still contend in the playoffs.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Twitter is speculating this is part of a deal for Kane. We’ll see if any of it is true, but apparently someone will be jumping in to help with the cap since Kane has a 10.5 hit. Always someone willing to help the Rags. 

Minnesota seems to be willing to help everyone…

13 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Twitter is speculating this is part of a deal for Kane. We’ll see if any of it is true, but apparently someone will be jumping in to help with the cap since Kane has a 10.5 hit. Always someone willing to help the Rags. 

fvck that franchise and their piss drenched building.

• Like 1

Kane is gonna be a Rag. I don’t think it’s much of a question at this point.

19 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Weird that he got all pouty when the Rangers got Tarasenko and now he hasn’t made any decisions 

He’s made his decision, and you know what it is. Brace yourself.

56 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

Adding Meier at the cost of Mercer makes no sense.  Upgrading our do everything 5th leading scorer who happens to cost under a million next season for a better winger who will cost 9x as much just doesn’t move the needle enough to make it worth it.     

Agree, once Mercer’s a part of this deal, it feels like more of a lateral move than one that should make the Devils significantly better.  Especially since Mercer figures to become better than he is now.

• Like 1