GDT: Game 2 - Rangers @ Devils - 20 Apr - 730p - TBS/MSG

jagknife

53 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I went to all of the home games for the first two rounds of the 1994 playoffs.  The loss that put them down 0-2 was tough...the Devils had tied it up late, and of course wound up losing in OT.  Terreri got all of the Boston Garden starts in that series and really came through in a massive way.

I was at all the games that year........(God I was broke) and I believe Driver tied up Game 2 with :03 left..................then they lost.

And yes, Lemaire went with Terreri and that really seemed to work. Game 6 was the last playoff game Marty did not start until he retired.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jimmy Leeds said:

I was at all the games that year........(God I was broke) and I believe Driver tied up Game 2 with :03 left..................then they lost.

And yes, Lemaire went with Terreri and that really seemed to work. Game 6 was the last playoff game Marty did not start until he retired.

Yep, was Driver.  I was just about ready to leave...then of course, ANOTHER full intermission, then the GWG (Sweeney?).  But yeah to have that glimmer of hope and then to lose...was so deflating at the time.  And goddamn was I young...all of 23 at the time.  Marty was only 21! 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yep, was Driver.  I was just about ready to leave...then of course, ANOTHER full intermission, then the GWG (Sweeney?).  But yeah to have that glimmer of hope and then to lose...was so deflating at the time.  And goddamn was I young...all of 23 at the time.  Marty was only 21! 

I was only 15 🤣

• Haha 1

On 4/19/2023 at 7:04 PM, Lateralous said:

So basically anyone who is less than 100% guaranteed to be in the lineup.   Siegenthaler better watch out, the old man has been known to scratch him for no good reason.      

You called it.

• Like 1

They did not lose the first game because of physciality, they lost because they took bad penalties, they did not play their game and their PP was pathetic.

So this old man who is showing the game might have passed him by, instead puts in the only player on the roster who is close to Wood in taking bad penalties.

Oh and keeps Wood in and moves him up in the line-up.

I want his head when this backfires, seriously, get rid of the old take of we need to be physical, no dummy you need to play your game and not change how you played for 82 games.

I obviously hope I am an idiot and this works and Wood and Smith are amazing, but Lindy is showing who he has always been, a guy who can't coach in big games, and Fitz is showing he's not very bright either.

• Like 1