GDT: Game 4 Devils @ The Bad Guys, 7:00 pm

Colorado Rockies 1976

It’s a series again…Devils have yet to impose their will upon any game in this series to the extent that the Rangers have, but they’re headed in the right direction.  Time for many of the quieter guys to contribute and pitch in.

C’mon boys, tie this sucker up and give them something to worry about!

L G M F D!!!

• Like 4

Lindy, please don’t make any lineup changes. Please.

signed me.

ps - if you do something stupid like put wood back in cause “he learned his lesson from one game,” I’m going to call someone and have you fitted for a self hugging jacket with no holes at the end of the sleeves….

LFGD

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

Let’s go boys! Come out playing strong and win this one. Even up the series here and put schmid back in net. 

Yeah, you give Schmid this game and see how it goes.  If he's able to get a little magic going, might as well roll with it.

2 hours ago, jagknife said:

Lindy, please don’t make any lineup changes. Please.

signed me.

ps - if you do something stupid like put wood back in cause “he learned his lesson from one game,” I’m going to call someone and have you fitted for a self hugging jacket with no holes at the end of the sleeves….

LFGD

As much as there's really NO downside to the Devils somehow coming back from 0-2 down to take the series, I can definitely think of ONE:  Ruff will be extended.  And that is not good.

Yeah Wood and Smith should not see the ice at all for the rest of the series.  Neither can be trusted not to fvck their team over.    

• Like 2

Go Devils.  Tonight, I want you to hockey better than the other team hockeys.

And, if you don't win tonight, I'm never wearing pants again.  Nobody should ever have to see that.

You've been warned.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah, you give Schmid this game and see how it goes.  If he's able to get a little magic going, might as well roll with it.

As much as there's really NO downside to the Devils somehow coming back from 0-2 down to take the series, I can definitely think of ONE:  Ruff will be extended.  And that is not good.

Yeah Wood and Smith should not see the ice at all for the rest of the series.  Neither can be trusted not to fvck their team over.    

With the season we just had, I kind of think that's inevitable.  He's got to be a lock for the Jack Adams, no?   

In the heat of the moment, I don't care.  I want this series so damn bad and I'll take whatever comes as a result of it.   With the way it started, I can't think of a bigger soul crusher for the Rangers and their fans than to lose a series you thought you locked up after Game 2, especially when they are the team that's in win now mode.    

LGD!!!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

In the heat of the moment, I don't care.  I want this series so damn bad and I'll take whatever comes as a result of it.   With the way it started, I can't think of a bigger soul crusher for the Rangers and their fans than to lose a series you thought you locked up after Game 2, especially when they are the team that's in win now mode.    

LGD!!!

You and I are on the same page 

Epic EFF them ALL

• Like 3

Why are we even talking ruff being extended if the team progresses through the playoffs like it’s a bad thing? Seriously? This is what some of you are currently concerned about? Jesus Christ. Like you’d rather get bounced out in round one by our most hated fvcking rivals than surpass them and have ruff extended? I dont know, maybe it’s me. 

Edited by 2ELIAS6
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

Why are we even talking like ruff being extended if the team progresses through the playoffs like it’s a bad thing? Seriously? This is what some of you are currently concerned about? Jesus Christ. Like you’d rather get bounced out in round one by our most hated fvcking rivals then surpass them and have ruff extended? I dont know, maybe it’s me. 

If the consequences of beating the Rags after a 2-0 deficit is Ruff back for another year, sign me up. I don’t like him and he makes infuriating lineup decisions but winning can help me cope with that. 

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

With the season we just had, I kind of think that's inevitable.  He's got to be a lock for the Jack Adams, no?   

LGD!!!

Oh I'm definitely NOT implying that I'd rather lose the series for ANY reason.  No fvcking way!  

The fact that Ruff wasn't extended in-season gives me some degree of hope that even with the massive points turnaround, that Fitz still isn't yet fully convinced.  But would I be that surprised if Ruff's retained even if the Devils turned in Game 4 and 5 performances that were similar to Game 1 and Game 2?  Not really.  Disappointed, but not surprised.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

Why are we even talking ruff being extended if the team progresses through the playoffs like it’s a bad thing? Seriously? This is what some of you are currently concerned about? Jesus Christ. Like you’d rather get bounced out in round one by our most hated fvcking rivals than surpass them and have ruff extended? I dont know, maybe it’s me. 

Not what I said.  Of course I want the Devils to beat the team and fanbase I hate more than any other.  I didn't say I was "concerned"...like Laterous just said, Ruff probably gets extended anyway.  I just think someone else should be in charge for the next steps we'd like to see this franchise take, that's all.  

Ruff no ruff whatever it ends up being, i dont care nor can I focus on any of that right now. What I do know is that I’m feeling this one again tonight. The boys should be pumped and come out looking as so, hopefully they come out swinging and have some momentum that carried over from their OT winner! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

Ruff no ruff whatever it ends up being, i dont care nor can I focus on any of that right now. What I do know is that I’m feeling this one again tonight. The boys should be pumped and come out looking as so, hopefully they come out swinging and have some momentum that carried over from their OT winner! 

They always try.  One thing about these Devils…it’s never a case of not showing up.  Hopefully the O-zone penalties get cut down.  And the PP opportunities for the Rangers in general.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Looks like no Wood or Smith tonight.  Glad to see Ruff isn't giving Wood a second chance right away, under the guise of "Wood can bring a little more offense", or something like that.  

• Like 2