Blackwood traded to SJ for a 6th - Weekes

Devil Dan 56

Agreed in that I'm stunned that Fitz got anything.  I figured he'd become a non-tendered RFA and would then become a UFA.

I know that he was kind of annoying at times but wish him the best.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

Thank Christ, beyond sick of the Blackwood experiment! 

Schmid's emergence made Mac completely expendable.  There was just no reason to hang onto him.  Just glad it's 100% over.    

• Like 3

Definitely did not need to keep him since we have Vanecek and Schmid, but Blackwood is still really young and I wouldn't be surprised at all if he ends up getting healthy and becoming a starter somewhere.  SJ is rebuilding and this might be a good fit for him. Best of luck (except against us).

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Jimmy Leeds said:

I'm the only one with empathy for this guy it seems. He gave it his all, but that heel hurt him bad.

Good luck to a good guy

Nah, I did say that I wish him the best.  No hard feelings.

That being said, I’d say my biggest beef was how the Devils handled him…it was not easy watching Schmid have to go to Utica so that Blackwood could prove how meh he is yet again.  I get that there were roster implications, but it was still aggravating to see a guy who had already gotten enough chances get even more of them, at the expense of the guy was was vastly outplaying him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jerrydevil said:

I don't think he's cut out to be a #1. But he could be a competent backup. I wish him well.

See, I thought the same thing this season before Akira came up. I was like "you know what Blackwood can do this #2 thing I think". And then he got hurt AGAIN. that was the breaking point for me. He can't stay healthy even as a #2 IF he could I think he'd be a great back up but he's shown us time and time again...he cant.