GDT: Hughes @ Hugheses, 7:00 pm, MSGSN

Any points that the Devils can muster up from this one will feel like a bonus, honestly; of course I would LOVE to see them win, but last night was a tough one (with all of the physicality), the Canuckleheads are coming in more rested, and there’s a good chance that the Devils are playing this one without Jack.

At any rate, the Devils are 13-5-1 in their last 19 GP, found ways to win what I considered to be must-wins against the Caps and Blackhawks, and are likely to be down two Top 6 forwards in this game, so if tonight winds up not being their night, so be it.  Four off-days coming up, and man they really couldn’t come at a better time.

Would still love to see them find a way to pull this one off.

L G M F D!!!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Probably only be 2 of them tonight.

*sigh*

Feels like if the Devils are to win this one, it’s going to be driven by Luke/Nemec/McLeod/Holtz.  Just a hunch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Anyone in Jersey going to brave the weather and head to the Rock? Maybe we get another 334 Club tonight lol

I'm going but it looks like just rain only during game time. We get so little snow of late that I don't think we'll ever see something like the 334 Club ever again, especially being at the Prudential Center with NJ transit and other options to get there. I think it will be pretty packed since I don't see most people staying home just cause of some rain. 

That 334 Club was literally the perfect storm of a new expansion club that had a team that wasn't good and played in literally the middle of nowhere so people weren't driving in that mess for them, now you'll literally have people going in the hopes of being a part of something similar lol

Edited by Satans Hockey

1 hour ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Anyone in Jersey going to brave the weather and head to the Rock? Maybe we get another 334 Club tonight lol

If the 2010 Leafs game wasn't that, tonight won't be anywhere near that.

I'm not going personally but I already sold my ticket a few days ago, in part cause of the forecast but I also just usually don't go on back to back nights regardless.

Edited by NJDevs4978

3 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I'm going but it looks like just rain only during game time. We get so little snow of late that I don't think we'll ever see something like the 334 Club ever again, especially being at the Prudential Center with NJ transit and other options to get there. I think it will be pretty packed since I don't see most people staying home just cause of some rain. 

That 334 Club was literally the perfect storm of a new expansion club that had a team that wasn't good and played in literally the middle of nowhere so people weren't driving in that mess for them, now you'll literally have people going in the hopes of being a part of something similar lol

There's always the possibility NJ Transit could shut down, I think there were at least long-ish delays in that Toronto post-Christmas snowstorm game...but yeah the actual option of mass transit (and it being easier for local people to attend since it's not in the middle of nowhere) makes a 334 game pretty well impossible.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

ANOTHER back to back game. Very low expectations for this one.

I hate it, back to back home games suck too, especially cause we don't even play again till Thursday. Even worse is that Seton Hall plays at 12pm today so the ice is gonna be even worse than it was last night. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NJDevs4978 said:

If the 2010 Leafs game wasn't that, tonight won't be anywhere near that.

I'm not going personally but I already sold my ticket a few days ago, in part cause of the forecast but I also just usually don't go on back to back nights regardless.

Was that the one where Elias and Zajac got stranded on the interstate after the game?

16 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Was that the one where Elias and Zajac got stranded on the interstate after the game?

I remember that game, it was right after Christmas 2010. I remember David Clarkson and his dad were helping people who got stuck on 280 dig out. I think Elias and Zajac were carpooling and ended up sleeping in their car. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

If Jack and Palat are both out tonight, we’ll have something like 40% of our cap sidelined with injuries with Hamilton and Meier both missing time as well. 

Hopefully the young guys show up big again tonight. 

From what I hear Jack is going go be out more than tonight.

16 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Wilman back up

gotta imagine Clarke draws in tonight

Hopefully it’s an all expenses paid trip for the Clarkes to see their son tonight.   

I guess that’s confirmation Jack is out too? 

Per Amanda Stein’s X account, Lindy said that Jack is out tonight, not sure how much longer beyond that, team is still evaluating.

• Angry 1

1 hour ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

Bringing my nephew tonight for his first game, sitting on the balcony anyone know what sections you’re allowed to walk down to the glass for warm ups? 

Section 13 I believe is fine to go down, also go to guest services behind like section 9/10 and get him a free first game certificate