Brodeur got a tryout with the Blues

SterioDesign

Elliot has a lower body injury...guess that's why the Blues are giving him a look. 

Be weird if he plays

The way our luck is going he'll start and have a shutdown season and the blues will win the cup with a smiling, cigar-biting Marty and a "fantasy story come true" newspaper cover

See now, I like that idea because I love variety - I love people to get broad experiences.  Plus I'd love to have a goalie get over that hump the way Jagr and Chelios did.  It's kind of not been done really --- Marty lasting as long as he did is as close so it would be nice to kind of take it a REAL step further and age out and then kind of find that way to work around lost reflexes.  That would be such a thing - such a nice textbook for other guys to follow if possible.  I know I'm weird.

and I had a beer... heehee

I wonder how long they expect Brian Elliott to be out? Jake Allen who has been solid moves up to #1 and I suppose they are worried about relying on 21 year old Jordan Binnington for the back up role long term. Though Binnington has been solid in his very short minor league career after a mixed OHL career.

Good luck to him.

This is pretty great. Very excited for him, and if he gets a deal, I hope he does well. A lot of hockey fans are waiting for him to crash and burn. St Louis is such a harmless situation too.

Hoping the average Devils fan can appreciate that Brodeur wants to keep playing, and it makes absolutely no different if he wears another uniform.

If he comes in and is just Brodeur of NJ last year (a very tall task), that's not so bad for a team like St Louis. But at his age, what he is trying to accomplish is really unheard of. Getting way ahead of myself, but if he does get a deal, I think he has to get the rust off at the AHL level.

A lot of guys have tried one last hurrah and failed. Roenick, Hull, Chelios, Modano. The first three were atrocious, but they are all skaters that don't hurt the team in a few minutes a game. If a goalie doesn't have it at all anymore, it's ugly. Think Marty Turco's last 5 NHL games with the Bruins in 2012. That was the worst level of goaltending I have seen from an NHL goalie in the last 15 years or so.

Edited by devilsrule33

Be weird if he plays

The way our luck is going he'll start and have a shutdown season and the blues will win the cup with a smiling, cigar-biting Marty and a "fantasy story come true" newspaper cover

And I for one would be happy for him,after what he did here for so long let him raise it again.Won't change the fact he'll go to the hall as a Devil.

Ray and the rest of the Crazies are crying up and down on FB and say the Devils should have signed him since "he can still play at a high level". Good lord lol.

Anyways good luck to him. Hopefully this will prevent lou from giving in to temptation.

This is the biggest if in the world, but the downside of him playing even okay, or poorly and winning (like last year), is idiots being upset that he isn't playing for the Devils and taking it out on Schneider. Cory by the way in his "terrible" season is at .916 save percentage which Brodeur couldn't come to touching since 2010.

Ray and the rest of the Crazies are crying up and down on FB and say the Devils should have signed him since "he can still play at a high level". Good lord lol.

Anyways good luck to him. Hopefully this will prevent lou from giving in to temptation.

I finally had to just leave all the Facebook groups. Most of those people are delusional to comedic levels

St. Louis would be one of those teams that would make even this version of Marty look great.  At least Cory's been playing better but no matter what there are going to be loons who'd look at Marty playing well in St. Louis and wonder why we didn't bring him back.

Edited by NJDevs4978