Brodeur got a tryout with the Blues

SterioDesign

This is the biggest if in the world, but the downside of him playing even okay, or poorly and winning (like last year), is idiots being upset that he isn't playing for the Devils and taking it out on Schneider. Cory by the way in his "terrible" season is at .916 save percentage which Brodeur couldn't come to touching since 2010.

Goaltending is the least of our problems... Its too bad some of these idiots don't realize that. Edited by MadDog2020

St. Louis would be one of those teams that would make even this version of Marty look great.  At least Cory's been playing better but no matter what there are going to be loons who'd look at Marty playing well in St. Louis and wonder why we didn't bring him back.

There is no team that will make Marty look great.  Only Marty himself can do that.  The Devils gave him a team that let up the fewest shots in the league and he couldn't look great.

Guys this is all part of Lou's plan to dump some salary. Blues will sign Marty and the Devils will trade for him, dumping Ryder, Bernier, and maybe Sal too.

I can believe it. The Blues have been exceptionally nice to us in the past. They "let" us have Stevens and then were nice enough to give us a whole bag of picks trying to get him back. With any luck LL can do that again....

That's probably a long shot, eh?

I wish absolutely nothing but the best for him, I hope he sticks it there and plays the season.  Hell, I hope he has a career year.  Like others said, it would only validate his time here.

All that being said.. I'll still die a little on the inside when I see him in another uniform.

I couldn't be more unmoved by this.

go to st. Louis, whatever. even if he doesn't get a contract it will be a little strange seeing him in a blues practice jersey, though we have seen him wear national and all star jerseys, so maybe it won't be so odd.

Edited by '7'

Is it wrong of me to hope he gets cut?

Not at all....him not making the team might finally be the wakeup call that its OVER and he puts all this "I can still play" nonsense to bed and finally everyone moves on