GDT: Tampa @ Devils 7 PM Kinkaid in net

MadDog2020

Anyone booing Elias needs to be tied to the goal and used for target practice. Goldberg style...minus the pads.

This.

I was referring to the fact Elias got hissy when the team was booed off the ice against Ottawa lol

http://fireandice.northjersey.com/fire-ice-1.174987/patrik-elias-devils-didn-t-deserve-to-be-booed-at-end-of-tonight-s-2-0-loss-to-ottawa-1.1162666/comments-for-patrik-elias-devisl-didn-t-deserve-to-be-booed-at-end-of-tonight-s-2-0-loss-to-ottawa-7.1547760

Edited by NJDevs4978

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, still, he's right. I was at the game and it's a shame that fans feel the need to boo the team. I know we couldn't score, but it's not like they were dogging it out there. We outshot OTT 2-1.

This was one of Elias' best games of the season, he has always played better mad. Can't believe they signed Clemmer when we had Kinkaid ready

I really thought it was going to be Marty/KK for a couple years and then hopefully KK taking the reigns... not that I don't like Cory our think he doesn't deserve the job.

Sent from my TAB2 using TapaTalk

This was one of Elias' best games of the season, he has always played better mad. Can't believe they signed Clemmer when we had Kinkaid ready

Clemmer was for depth and insurance, in case Kinkaid didn't work out, or in case someone got hurt. He was really not much more than a warm body (at the NHL level, anyway). Sadly, the Devils have needed him for Albany...Wedgewood has been awful (and hasn't been good since being promoted to the AHL).

Kinkaid has been a nice little story, but that's all it's been. Cory is the man here. If Keith can actually become a guy who can start 15-20 games per season and be solid, that's a hell of a job on his part. But it's going to take more starts before we have any true idea. Hard not to like what we've seen in this small sample though. Like I and others have noted, Kink has already made Clemmer irrelevant at the NHL level, which is most definitely a win.

Elias had an Outstanding game, his best this season. Kinkaid looked good again, I hope in continues this way so we can get enough games with him to determine if he is the future backup for the Devils. If Ryder was put on waivers I don't think any team would take him. I think CR said wait and see if he puts a streak together then trade him and get whatever.

A big concern is that all teams in the Metro have games in hand and except for two teams they have more points than us. Rangers have 5 games in hand and they have 4 points more than us. These games in hand are going to be difficult to overcome.

Edited by BostonNala370

Pdb better start kk tonight. Let cory reflect on his game a little and get him bak in it in the next game

Cory has faced 125 shots over his last four starts and allowed nine goals. What exactly does he need to reflect on? He has not been the problem.

Pdb better start kk tonight. Let cory reflect on his game a little and get him bak in it in the next game

Oh geez, the disease has spread to this thread.

People need to stop defending Cory Schneider to these people, it's not necessary.

Edited by Neb00rs

Kinkaid played solid.  I was sitting 20 rows up from his net (TB attacking side) and got to focus on him twice up close.  I liked what he brought, especially in the shootout.

While I don't think getting rid of Cory Schneider is feasible, if KK continues playing solid, a good 1A - 1B tandem is in the making.

Although, it has crossed my mind, imagine Kinkaid ends up stirring up a goalie controversy for Schneider much like he did for Luongo in Vancouver.  That would be ironic....

Kinkaid played solid.  I was sitting 20 rows up from his net (TB attacking side) and got to focus on him twice up close.  I liked what he brought, especially in the shootout.

While I don't think getting rid of Cory Schneider is feasible, if KK continues playing solid, a good 1A - 1B tandem is in the making.

Although, it has crossed my mind, imagine Kinkaid ends up stirring up a goalie controversy for Schneider much like he did for Luongo in Vancouver.  That would be ironic....

We all know Cory is the starter, but KK played well against one of highest scoring teams in the league yesterday, then lets see what hes got against Ovy and Co.  :boogie:

My two favorite things that KK brings and that Cory does not seem to be comfortable with are an active glove that seems to allow him to control the tempo of the game a bit, and a (comparatively) decent ability to play the puck. I know Cory's numbers are good and his results are more a product of no goal support, but I think KK's style is more complimentary to this Devils team. They are old, they are slow, and they don't clean up well around the net. By the eye test, I think Kinkaids glove has really helped the team in the games he's started. Also, and again I'm just speculating, he seems to have great rebound control and does a great job cradling pucks when they're shot at the body. I'm no Cory hater by any means; I really think he's a terrific puck stopper, but I really hope KK can keep this up and demand more starts. 

Nice of Marty to do that actually. Considering Kinkaid pretty much has a shrine to him in his parents house!

Yeah thats really amazing. Marty could text me "I want to slice your dog in half and eat it" and i'd still be fvcking excited just to be getting a text from him. So i can only imagine how thrilled Kinkaid was considering it was super positive

Edited by SterioDesign

Yeah thats really amazing. Marty could text me "I want to slice your dog in half and eat it" and i'd still be fvcking excited just to be getting a text from him. So i can only imagine how thrilled Kinkaid was considering it was super positive

I won't be using Martys dog walking service anymore.

That's awesome for Kinkaid, a text message from your idol, who's team you now play for