Taylor Hall's new number is....

Z-Man

1 minute ago, Z-Man said:

#9.  TG retweeted the Devils equipment manager's tweet stitching the jersey.  Can't link to Twitter at work though.

Wish he had distanced himself from Parise's number.  Bad mojo.

I was thinking that this morning that I hope he isn't 9.  I figured he would stick with a one digit number.

Not that I ever made that big of a deal out of players wearing "cocky" high numbers, or a big deal out of numbers choices period, but I kind of like that Hall's wearing something kind of under-the-radar and "normal". 

9 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Not that I ever made that big of a deal out of players wearing "cocky" high numbers, or a big deal out of numbers choices period, but I kind of like that Hall's wearing something kind of under-the-radar and "normal". 

is a player wearing a high number actually seen as something cocky for realz?

21 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

is a player wearing a high number actually seen as something cocky for realz?

By me, not really...there are much worse things than wearing high numbers.  But some have issues with "non-traditional" high numbers.  And as we saw with Ottawa and the Lou-era Devils, some people feel that that the high-number thing is self-promotional and that rubs them the wrong way.  It is what it is. 

Some good #9 Devils...Zach Parise, Neal Broten, Bernie Nichols, Kirk Muller. One of our better homegrown guys and three people who are in the "should they be in the Hall of Fame" conversation. 

Some questionable #9 Devils...Jiri Bicek, Vadim Sharifijanov.

Don't be questionable, Taylor. 

Personally, I couldn't care less what number anyone wears. It is helpful that they are all different, though. 

:)

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Some good #9 Devils...Zach Parise, Neal Broten, Bernie Nichols, Kirk Muller. One of our better homegrown guys and three people who are in the "should they be in the Hall of Fame" conversation. 

Some questionable #9 Devils...Jiri Bicek, Vadim Sharifijanov.

Don't forget Brendan Morrison

Yea we've had too many 9's since Parise left. Lou for some reason threw it on Josefson AND Bobby Butler in 2012-2013 which was idiotic. 

I wouldn't have liked 44 either because it has such a strong association with Stephane Richer. Even if 4 was available it's still too small a number for a forward. 

I think Hall would look fine in an 18 or go with a high number like 94 and truly make it yours. 9 already has that Muller/Parise association.

Edited by '7'