In Russia NHL returns you. Kovalchuk staying in KHL.

Derlique

3 hours ago, pattyelias said:

I'd trade kovalchuk to the rags for Brady Skjei and a 1st.   

I'll do you one better, forget the pick, I'd trade Kovy to the Rags for Brady Skjei straight up.

7 hours ago, Since1982-83 said:

Just read that he wants to play with the Rangers (what a surprise!).

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2017/05/islanders-buchberger-kovalchuk.html

That was a previous rumour that got debunked several weeks ago.

That website took their time in rehashing it. 

24 minutes ago, caron14 said:

Rumor here in MTL... Galchenyuk and Beaulieu are done with the Habs... Apparently, Bergevin will trade both this summer and they are link to be in the Kovalchuk derby... Maybe we will deal with the Habs?

gladly. kovy + 2nd for galchenyuk.

• Like 1

I'd be surprised if Galchenyuk is part of a Kovy deal. I thought they're looking for centers in MTL? 

I'm fine sending him wherever we can get the best return from, even if it's the Rags.

But I'm still not holding my breath that he's actually coming back, this could easily just be an effort to leverage more money from the KHL. I'll believe it only when I see him on the ice.

3 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

I am fine with literally any other team than New York. If he's worth 'x' to other teams, it should take no less than 2x for Shero to deal him to NY.

But, am I missing something here with the Rangers? They've got ~7m in cap room and have to re-sign Zbad, Lindberg, Fast... and add defense? The fit doesn't seem to make any sense at all. 

You forgot playoff phenom Tanner Glass

3 hours ago, dmann422 said:

I'd be surprised if Galchenyuk is part of a Kovy deal. I thought they're looking for centers in MTL? 

I'm fine sending him wherever we can get the best return from, even if it's the Rags.

But I'm still not holding my breath that he's actually coming back, this could easily just be an effort to leverage more money from the KHL. I'll believe it only when I see him on the ice.

Montreal are looking for everything except for goalie....

If I am honest I don't think they have a good team...

4 hours ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

I am fine with literally any other team than New York. If he's worth 'x' to other teams, it should take no less than 2x for Shero to deal him to NY.

But, am I missing something here with the Rangers? They've got ~7m in cap room and have to re-sign Zbad, Lindberg, Fast... and add defense? The fit doesn't seem to make any sense at all. 

From what I gather their fans hope Vegas takes Stepan to help give them some cap room.

Edited by roomtemp

7 hours ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

We're overlooking something...just because Kovy wants to play in NY doesn't mean NY wants him or has the cap space. 

57 minutes ago, fsu1852 said:

I know its a long shot, but maybe Ray can pull his magic and work something with Tampa. Its rumored he would like to play in Florida and Tampa has a couple good RFAs and don't have cap space to sign them

Kovalchuk++ for Drouin.

Get it done Shero.

• Like 2

I wonder if Lou might have any interest in pursuing Kovy? I think they liked each other, and Kovy might be a needed veteran voice in the locker room.

I really doubt Shero looking for another draft pick unless for '18. He'll want someone who can step in there play straight away.

Am I the only one that has no interest in Eberle?  

6 hours ago, vadvlfan said:

I wonder if Lou might have any interest in pursuing Kovy? I think they liked each other, and Kovy might be a needed veteran voice in the locker room.

I really doubt Shero looking for another draft pick unless for '18. He'll want someone who can step in there play straight away.

Sign and trade to Toronto (11 year extension).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, vadvlfan said:

Veteran voice in the locker room? That's never been what Kovalchuk's been about.

Posting this article in this thread even though it touches on many subjects because I thought his choice of words was interesting:  

Shero, though, did not rule out wanting Kovalchuk to return to the Devils.

“If we can patchwork our team with guys like Kovalchuk who are really good, that’s OK,” Shero said. “He’s going to drive the bus on this. He’s going to decide where he wants to play. I’ll decide whether that makes sense for us.”

From AG: http://www.northjersey.com/story/sports/nhl/devils/2017/05/26/nico-nolan-and-other-decisions-shero-must-make-devils/347753001/