Devils acquire Marcus Johansson from Caps

MadDog2020

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

Not calling you a liar, and admittedly I don't follow the draft stuff as close as some, but I haven't seen or heard that once. Do you remember the source?

A few places, but notably in Grossman's article pre-draft that Nico might be better suited on the LW

http://www.northjersey.com/story/sports/nhl/devils/2017/06/22/nhl-draft-more-than-just-nico-nolan-devils/421751001/

Edited by aylbert

19 minutes ago, OldThingBack said:

When the other 29 GMs know you have to trade a solid player, it's tough to get good value for that guy.

So who's the GM that wasn't aware they needed to trade a solid player?:P

Edited by eaglejelly
spelling

11 hours ago, CarpathianForest said:

Not cool. Flagged.

Yea go ahead and cry about it. We'll see you when it's convenient for you.

11 hours ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Again, it's incredible how quickly people forget, but Ilya Kovalchuk was one of the single most highly touted UFA's in hockey history when we convinced him to re-sign here. His deal had expired.

Can't help those jerseys would be much improved without the striping on the bottom. Wish there was some way we could pay homage to the Newark Bulldogs, too. Meh. 

Every time I see the  traditional uniforms in game pictures now, I'm blown away by how perfect they are. I always loved them, but I appreciate the fvck outta them now. Maybe this will have been a blessing in disguise once they bring they old ones back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

You know how we'll see a trade and start saying "why couldn't we have offered that?!?"?

I think there's a bunch of other teams' message boards saying that right now

Oh yeah, especially considering we're a Division rival to Washington. Inexplicable by Washington to have traded MoJo to us, but I'm not complaining! Losing him for peanuts is bad enough, but if I were a Caps fan, the fact that he got traded for peanuts within the division would be infuriating.

• Like 4