You'll never win with Schneider

'7'

I'm gonna go Devils' Advocate here and say, like I did last night, we go with Schneider.

Change of pace, for one, but the other is a lot of us absolutely crucify Schneider for not making a save, regardless of how atrocious the team in front of him was playing. The phrase "steal one for us" was thrown around a lot, hell I know I did once or twice, and simply put regardless of how atrocious the defense is playing, KK hasn't stole one for us in this series.

9 goals over 2 games would be completely unacceptable if CS was in net, hell we broke out the torches and the pitchforks when he gave up 3+ on a regular basis. We shouldn't settle nor lower our expectations because its the playoffs and we're anxious about our other goalie.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I'm gonna go Devils' Advocate here and say, like I did last night, we go with Schneider.

Change of pace, for one, but the other is a lot of us absolutely crucify Schneider for not making a save, regardless of how atrocious the team in front of him was playing. The phrase "steal one for us" was thrown around a lot, hell I know I did once or twice, and simply put regardless of how atrocious the defense is playing, KK hasn't stole one for us in this series.

9 goals over 2 games would be completely unacceptable if CS was in net, hell we broke out the torches and the pitchforks when he gave up 3+ on a regular basis. We shouldn't settle nor lower our expectations because its the playoffs and we're anxious about our other goalie.

4 and a half periods, a game and a half. Your point is even more valid in light of that. Whether it was his fault or not, because we can’t sub out our entire defense.

• Like 1

I'm thinking that our best bet is to start Schneider tomorrow night. His period and a half was the best hockey I've seen him play in an age and I'm thinking his style of play is more conducive to playing against the Lightning. I truly do believe that certain goalie styles are better used against certain teams and that is why goalies have a tendency to do better and worse against the same teams. Schneider is a more conservative goalie than Kinkaid, less active in the defensive zone, stays in position and plays his angles better. I think he'll do better against Tampa because they've been able to keep us penned in our own zone.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NewarkDevil5 said:

I'm thinking that our best bet is to start Schneider tomorrow night. His period and a half was the best hockey I've seen him play in an age and I'm thinking his style of play is more conducive to playing against the Lightning. I truly do believe that certain goalie styles are better used against certain teams and that is why goalies have a tendency to do better and worse against the same teams. Schneider is a more conservative goalie than Kinkaid, less active in the defensive zone, stays in position and plays his angles better. I think he'll do better against Tampa because they've been able to keep us penned in our own zone.

I tend to agree with that.  Also, he does have some previous playoff experience.  Can he steal one for us tonight?  On home ice, hopefully we can get the matchups we want.

7 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

There were actually some yahoos in the 120's that started to boo Cory during intros but the lion's share of the crowd upped the volume of the cheering and drowned them out within a couple seconds thankfully.

Heard a bit of this behind me in 111.  Honest to God, we have some stupid fvcking fans.

But the "Co-ry" chants were loud and frequent last night.  When he skated back into the net from the bench after his apparent injury the place went bonkers.

Have to feel good for the ginger.  Hope he comes out in game 4 with the same compete level.

• Like 2

Well Schneider shouldn't be booed during intros even though he could've cost us the playoffs...he didn't. Kinkaid and Hall bailed them out

Schneider played a very good game. It was a long LONG time coming. 4 months in the making. But we absolutely needed it and it was good to see him finally pick up Kinkaid.

2 hours ago, Jerrydevil said:

Schneider was great. I have a feeling we'll be seeing Kinkaid real soon again. Schneider seemed hurt after that crazy scramble in the third period. I thoght he was coming out right there, I'm sure most of us did.

I was also relieved we didn’t allow any tough chances after that. It’d be a different narrative today if a gimpy Cory gave it up late.

1 hour ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

He was asked about it after the game and said "I was just being dramatic" with a chuckle. 

If there was any chance of him being too injured to continue, I have to think he would have been taken out of the game earlier.

Agreed, if he needed to be out, he'd have been out. Please, the last thing he wanted to do was lose that game because of an injury slowing him down!!

Yeah, when asked about it I heard the he said to a reporter that it just tightened up, which is what it seemed like to me while watching it last night.  That's why I said leave him in, and it sort of worked in his/our favor with some of those scrums that happened around that time too... with the commotion and stoppages, it gave him some time to rest and stretch.

33 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I feel so much better about Cory next season after these last couple games. He’s still a starter. 

Same here. He's been great. He's still our starter and most of us knew he could still do it. He's still top 10 or better when he is his true self, which he has been. No doubt.

Edited by Devs3cups
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Devs3cups said:

Same here. He's been great. He's still our starter and most of us knew he could still do it. He's still top 10 or better when he is his true self, which he has been. No doubt.

.951Sv% against the best offense in the league. Can’t ask for much more. Good for 3rd in the playoffs behind only MAF and Martin Jones. 

• Like 1

Just now, Nicomo said:

.951Sv% against the best offense in the league. Can’t ask for much more. Good for 3rd in the playoffs behind only MAF and Martin Jones. 

Can we admit people were pretty much overreacting with him? Slumps happen. Happy he found his groove. And whatever happens next game, he's clearly back.

• Like 1