GDT: DevIls vs. Flyers, 1/12/19, 1:00pm

mfitz804

4 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Has anyone else randomly been blocked by Kinkaid? 

I made a joke to some guy on twitter who was complaining about being blocked by Keith that it's just his thing, he blocks pucks and Twitter accounts. 

But at the same time I realised I hadn't seen one of his post game tweets like the one above in months, I thought he had just stopped doing them with the bad spell the team has been having. 

So I go to his account and he has blocked me!!! 

I was a bit taken aback as I have never tweeted him or about him, the only thing I can think of was I posted a tweet on Hugh Webber's feed about a month ago for his Devs President tickets giveaway saying something along the lines of " lots of other fans are giving their tickets away after the way the season is going". 

I am genuinely dissapointing as I actually really like Keith and have bee. A massive supporter of him since the devil's picked him up.

If you’ve been saying negative things about his team and talking about how he blocks accounts, then it wasn’t exactly “random”. 

Miles Wood’s first 35 GP:  3 G, 5 A

Last 9 GP:  2 G, 5 A (and it’s not like he’s had one or two huge games to blow up that stretch).

Nice to see some offense coming for him.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HellOnICE said:

Speaking of the song chants, which I like - I feel like they've been doing this to with Lit - My Own Worst Enemy too

Glad you like it because i can’t stand it. I’m at a hockey game not a campfire singalong. Why not have the PA guy play Sweet Caroline eight times a game? At least keep it to once a game...yes I know, get off my lawn but it’s so damn corny.

5 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Has anyone else randomly been blocked by Kinkaid? 

I made a joke to some guy on twitter who was complaining about being blocked by Keith that it's just his thing, he blocks pucks and Twitter accounts. 

But at the same time I realised I hadn't seen one of his post game tweets like the one above in months, I thought he had just stopped doing them with the bad spell the team has been having. 

So I go to his account and he has blocked me!!! 

I was a bit taken aback as I have never tweeted him or about him, the only thing I can think of was I posted a tweet on Hugh Webber's feed about a month ago for his Devs President tickets giveaway saying something along the lines of " lots of other fans are giving their tickets away after the way the season is going". 

I am genuinely dissapointing as I actually really like Keith and have bee. A massive supporter of him since the devil's picked him up.

I've even at-ed him [I think thats a word now] with my mocking emoji tweets, and still have somehow dodged the blockaid

12 minutes ago, devlman said:

Glad you like it because i can’t stand it. I’m at a hockey game not a campfire singalong. Why not have the PA guy play Sweet Caroline eight times a game? At least keep it to once a game...yes I know, get off my lawn but it’s so damn corny.

Considering how quiet the arena was when we first started to suck a few years back, I'll take all of the corny cheering/singing. I love hearing it on TV and even laugh with my friends out here. Really like that they keep Ah ha's 'take on me' going when the song stops. I used to not like the hey song after the goal song, but hey, it gets the arena loud for a few more minutes following a goal.

Different sport, but Buffalo basketball [#19 in the freaking nation] were on TV yesterday and there wasnt anything resembling a chant done by the student section either on offense or defense, which pissed me the fvck off because when I was there, we started their supporters section, and even had announcers commenting on the energy in the arena when we werent even sniffing a ranking. Different generations of fans, man.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

If you’ve been saying negative things about his team and talking about how he blocks accounts, then it wasn’t exactly “random”. 

As I said, he blocked me before the tweet to the guy about getting blocked yesterday. 

I posted one not overly critical tweet to the president of the devil's which kinkad wasn't even tagged in. 

I would say that was pretty fvcking random. 

If he is blocking people for negativity around this devil's season so far he might as well not be on twitter. 

Just now, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

If he is blocking people for negativity around this devil's season so far he might as well not be on twitter. 

That’s a valid point.

Did you maybe say something negative about Chipotle or something?

40 minutes ago, devlman said:

Pretty much any chant or cheer is corny if you think about it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I've even at-ed him [I think thats a word now] with my mocking emoji tweets, and still have somehow dodged the blockaid

Very strange. Is your profile picture an image of a puck? If so that probably explains why he can't block you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

14 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That’s a valid point.

Did you maybe say something negative about Chipotle or something?

Pretty much any chant or cheer is corny if you think about it. 

I have only been to Chipotle twice and was a big fan before they closed it down in the UK. I'm a big fan of TexMex dining. 

20 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

As I said, he blocked me before the tweet to the guy about getting blocked yesterday. 

I posted one not overly critical tweet to the president of the devil's which kinkad wasn't even tagged in. 

I would say that was pretty fvcking random. 

You don't even have to @ KK, he literally searches his name on Twitter and blocks anyone who is even remotely critical of him.

He has even been caught doing it during intermission lol.

I know about a half dozen people I follow on twitter who are blocked by Kinkaid.  Even Todd Cordell has or is blocked by KK for writing a piece about his struggles lol.

Edited by DevsMan84
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

You don't even have to @ KK, he literally searches his name on Twitter and blocks anyone who is even remotely critical of him.

I know about a half dozen people I follow on twitter who are blocked by Kinkaid.  Even Todd Cordell has or is blocked by KK for writing a piece about his struggles lol.

Damn the kid has some issues and I'm pretty sure his focus should be elsewhere during the season.

19 minutes ago, titans04 said:

Damn the kid has some issues and I'm pretty sure his focus should be elsewhere during the season.

I'm a big believer that these guys should have a life outside of hockey during the season, but during intermission is definitely not something I'm a fan of if that is true

Think you guys are overthinking it; most of these guys have PR teams, and if no PR team, they have agents, agents' interns, significant others, or even family members help out. These guys are working to get multimillion dollar contracts, and have teams of suits and different types of management getting percentages of that. All of the little pieces that help further these guys' "brand" is an important cog in the machine, as insignificant as it may sound.

It's not too inconceivable that maybe one of these people helps run Kinkaid's social media, and part of their job is muting and blocking any negativity they think would ruin his focus. 

I'm speaking from a place of experience in the music business, where the money involved is a lot less, and the stakes are much lower than pro hockey careers, and still everyone in that scene has at least 2-3 people linked to their account and helping in various ways (running contests, RTing things, drafting tweets, producing content, regulating follow lists, etc.).

Almost no one in these positions handles their social media accounts by themselves, and I super highly doubt Kinkaid does either, outside of some "Kinkode" ideas, but even those I would imagine are being drafted by someone else. Or at the very least, I doubt it's him personally searching through Twitter to block people in order to massage his ego, that wreaks of management.

Edited by DJ Eco

11 minutes ago, titans04 said:

I would bet the opposite all day on someone else taking the time and effort to put together Kinkaid's tweets.  He's a wacky guy and the tweets were cute in the beginning but as his play declined I think to some of us they became less so.

Don't underestimate the number of absolutely useless positions people get paid to work in in 2019, like checking and helping curate a backup goalie's silly Twitter account. It all seems dumb to us, but the standard is that way more insignificant people out there all have "social media managers", I would be shocked if Kinkaid didn't have one, no matter how useless we think it is, it's that prevalent. Can't really prove it though, just speaking from experience.

Edited by DJ Eco

3 minutes ago, DJ Eco said:

Don't underestimate the number of absolutely useless positions people get paid to work in in 2019, like checking and helping curate a backup goalie's silly Twitter account. It all seems dumb to us, but the standard is that way more insignificant people out there all have "social media managers", I would be shocked if Kinkaid didn't have one, no matter how useless we think it is, it's that prevalent. Can't really prove it though, just speaking from experience.

The thought has crossed my mind about someone being behind KK's account as most professional players hired people to run their accounts.  However, if it is someone who is hired to run it then I would have a serious talk to them if I was KK.  To literally search his name and block anyone with even mild criticism of him and without even @ him is beyond unprofessional and looks worse optics-wise than just letting it be.  Now it went from KK the sucky goalie to KK the sucky and incredibly petty goalie.

Again this is based on the assumption that KK has someone running his accounts.

17 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

The crazy thing is I have never even tweeted about him. Not once, never mentioned his name, nothing. 

I actually really like Kinkaid. I had a lot of respect for him and his determination to make it at the top level.  He's like the Stephen Gionta of goaltenders.