2019-20 Around the League Thread

CommonDreads

Is it just me or does anyone else occasionally YouTube Devils introductions to get yourself psyched up?  Or Devils playoff overtime goals?  Why don’t you just tell me what you YouTube (Devils related) so I can do the same.  I like the added inspiration.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

Is it just me or does anyone else occasionally YouTube Devils introductions to get yourself psyched up?  Or Devils playoff overtime goals?  Why don’t you just tell me what you YouTube (Devils related) so I can do the same.  I like the added inspiration.

No videos needed.  I've had a Devils boner since we won the draft lottery.

10 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

No kidding, did they put a Captain’s jersey on him and his baby, or did they tell him he has to give up his baby. I couldn’t tell. 

As far as that goes, not that I’m some mega-Tavares fan, but some guys don’t always feel comfortable showing their full emotions (especially in a situation where they’re suddenly and unexpectedly the center of attention), or either don’t or can’t accurately express what they’re feeling inside.  Or find a particular moment so overwhelming that they need time to process it and digest it before having what some would consider to be a more “normal” reaction.  

Not that your post isn’t chuckle-worthy...more that there’s been times I’ve had similar reactions to things that have happened to me personally, and I had to explain later to some that what they saw wasn’t necessarily an accurate representation of what I was actually feeling at the time.  I’m sure that this moment meant the world to him, even with what seemed like a very muted and almost deadpan reaction.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

5 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

As far as that goes, not that I’m some mega-Tavares fan, but some guys don’t always feel comfortable showing their full emotions (especially in a situation where they’re suddenly and unexpectedly the center of attention), or either don’t or can’t accurately express what they’re feeling inside.  Or find a particular moment so overwhelming that they need time to process it and digest it before having what some would consider to be a more “normal” reaction.  

Not that your post isn’t chuckle-worthy...more that there’s been times I’ve had similar reactions to things that have happened to me personally, and I had to explain later to some that what they saw more wasn’t necessarily an accurate representation of what I was actually feeling at the time.  I’m sure that this moment meant the world to him, even with what seemed like a very muted and almost deadpan reaction.  

Ok, robot-boy...

;) 

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

For everyone complaining about our goal song choices, it sounded like the Leafs are using "You Make My Dreams" by Hall and Oates and I really wonder how that was picked. 

So who was doing retro first: them or the Blues? Either way, I still hope ours isn’t Hip Hop Hooray, that should be the final horn song (Replacing ‘Song 2’) and roll into Glory Days 

1 hour ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

For everyone complaining about our goal song choices, it sounded like the Leafs are using "You Make My Dreams" by Hall and Oates and I really wonder how that was picked. 

I think it's kind of cute, tbh.  I don't think I'd want it here, but it kind of works for the Leafs.

1 hour ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I like Hall & Oates but that song isn't a good goal song. It's a good "we won" song though.

Chicago has my favorite goal song right now that I can think of. Perfect blend of fun and annoying.