2021-2022 Around the League thread

MadDog2020

When qualifying in searching asst. coaches. don't we want a PP coach that is a tactician? (that hasn't just "dabbled" in it.) that has actually played half wall/point (for example Adam Oates) not suggesting to pursue, but that kind of experience. Also, I like the idea of Madden (he'll help with PK imo for sure.) Isn't the asst. coach that was with Rochester still asst.here too. Nothing against Andrew Brunette, but why would he leap to the top.  Wonder if Kevin Dean (formerly Bruins) might be considered.

Got to get that NMC or your NTC could land you in Columbus anyway. TB was prepared to waive McD if he didn't agree to be traded to NASH (who he had little interest in going to) but there was a commitment from the BJs to claim him if he was indeed waived.

2 hours ago, titans04 said:

Got to get that NMC or your NTC could land you in Columbus anyway. TB was prepared to waive McD if he didn't agree to be traded to NASH (who he had little interest in going to) but there was a commitment from the BJs to claim him if he was indeed waived.

This is kind of fvcked up too. The Fedtov sh!t sounds like he's being murdered by his own government, but this.... it's like we agreed to this in our contract and TB kind of worked around this by making some "agreements" with their competitors to screw me out of this part of my contract.

I don't see a way to temper this behavior on the teams/GMs part. Besides fans chastising the team or something, but wow.

Don't NTCs entail the player giving his current team 4 or 6 teams he is willing to be traded to?  Were both CBJ and NSH on that list? Some real fvckery and looks bad on Tampa, but at least they have cap space. 

Edited by RizzMB30

3 hours ago, RizzMB30 said:

This is kind of fvcked up too. The Fedtov sh!t sounds like he's being murdered by his own government, but this.... it's like we agreed to this in our contract and TB kind of worked around this by making some "agreements" with their competitors to screw me out of this part of my contract.

I don't see a way to temper this behavior on the teams/GMs part. Besides fans chastising the team or something, but wow.

Don't NTCs entail the player giving his current team 4 or 6 teams he is willing to be traded to?  Were both CBJ and NSH on that list? Some real fvckery and looks bad on Tampa, but at least they have cap space. 

NTC vary, McD had a full no trade clause until 2026 where he would then have had to provide TB a list of 12 teams he would not accept a trade to. The number of teams is the X factor in each deal.  Not all contracts with NTC come with a time where it eventually turns to a modified NTC requiring the player to provide a list of teams the will not accept a trade to. With the NTC TB could still waive him at any time during the deal because he didn't have a NMC (No Movement Clause). So without a NMC these guys are still for the most part at the teams mercy in most cases if they want to get rid of you bad enough. A NMC protects the player from being sent down, traded, waived etc. 

Edited by titans04
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Former Devils assistant Mike Grier was named GM of the San Jose Sharks today, becoming the first black GM im in league history 

His brother is the GM of the Miami Dolphins

I dunno why but I find the fact they’re both GMs in different sports impressive

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

That’s really incredible. I had no idea his brother was involved in football. And so much teal between them. 

I’m a huge Dolphins fan, so seeing my GM’s brother take over as an NHL GM is pretty surreal lol. It’s an awesome story. Also- they are both GM’s of teams named for marine animals 🤣

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I dunno why but I find the fact they’re both GMs in different sports impressive

There’s a limited amount of those positions, for two siblings to have risen to that level is pretty impressive. 

• Like 1

According to something I read on Google:

“The New Jersey Devils hired Grier in 2018 as an assistant coach under John Hynes' coaching staff. For two seasons, Grier worked with the team's forwards and special teams, boosting the penalty kill to among the league's best.”

Have we had a PK among the league’s best since 2018? 

20 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Their dad was also an exec in the NFL too, according to the 32 Thoughts Podcast

Yep, Bobby Grier- he was a scout and executive for the Patriots for over 20 years.

12 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

Mike Grier was an excellent role player. He was a big part of those quality Sharks and Sabres teams

Definitely an underrated player. Mike Grier had a very solid NHL career.

• Like 1

Rumors are starting to swirl with respect to Calgary because Gaudreau is taking so long. If Zadorov goes to market I hope that Fitz kicks the tires on that. He's 6'6 235.

EDIT: I think this is Andy Stickland so take it with a grain of salt.

Edited by NJDevils1214

apparently Matt Murray was traded to the Sabres but blocked the trade? They were on his no-trade list.

And this... again... proves how inconsistent goalies are... only a few seasons ago, if you told me Murray would be on the trading block, i would have been allllllll over this. And now.... meh..

Edited by SterioDesign