GDT: Jack & the Boys @ Torts' Trash - 7pm (eastern)

jagknife

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Well duh, where did I say the point wasn't to win games?  Of course the idea is to win games.  Just not sure if taking a kid off a line where he seemed to fit in and sticking him with a guy not known for offense in Haula and a second guy who appears to be on the decline in Tatar will work out.  We'll see. 

No need to be condescending, I was merely prefacing my point.  Which is, Holtz on the top line may not be the best path to success for the team.

1 minute ago, Puckbuster said:

2 1/2 hours!  The seconds are slowly ticking away.  Philly blocks 30 shots tonight resulting in 5 “body” injuries.

You just know a Tortorella team will block shots as if their lives depended on it. I'm hoping we get to see Torts lose his sh!t on the bench. That always makes me laugh.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

This comparison doesn't work because Bastian was never targeted for Top 6 duty...he's a serviceable 4th-liner with 4th-liner skills, who was never really going to be asked to do more.

Holtz is supposed to be a Top 6 winger, and he did look like might have had something going with Jack and Palat.  He's a guy who (at this point) needs linemates who are going to open up some ice for him so that he can unleash his shot.

Guess you can make the argument that the kid has to earn his way up to playing with Jack in the regular season, but I say given that they played together this preseason, why not give him a handful of games to see if he plays his way off that line?

It's early and it's probably a little nitpicky, but I could see him becoming invisible playing with Haula and Tatar.  Just seems like an odd fit for Holtz.    

I was one of the people who really loved that line, but am fine to give Mercer a shot in that top six too. I think Holtz looked great with his time with Tatar too and it's part of why he's made the team. 

6 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

So it's Blackwood's net to lose, I thought Vanecek played better than him in the preseason and earned the right to lose the #1 spot. Hopefully Blackwood isn't as awful as he was last year. 

I don’t believe this means that, and I expect an almost 50/50 division. It could be as simple as giving the guy who has more tenure the first game. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

ESPN+/Hulu only

Already setting Holtz up for failure. He needs to be up with Jack.

I’m not sure that’s what we should be doing. If we are going to be successful, we need Jack at max production. I’m not sure if a rookie who probably just squeaked onto the roster is the best way to do that. I would rather see Mercer on his wing, for now. 

Also, Tatar is our top goal scorer coming out of preseason lol. 

Edited by mfitz804