The OFFICIAL Off-Season Thread

jagknife

38 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

Who the hell is Chris tierny 

Two-way depth.  Not much more than that.  Probably there in case Foote doesn't work out early on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy Leeds said:

Then use Thompson

Guy is both injury-prone and nothing special.  Tierney’s apparently a solid face-off guy… @Lateralous just mentioned that he could be McLeod insurance.  But in the end safe to say neither Thompson nor Tierney figure to have much impact on this year’s team.  At least Tierney’s managed to appear in well over 500 NHL games, for whatever that’s worth.

• Like 1

Tierny will help with depth. And two way deal is clearly the mark of his  potential role as Utica center, where we were very bad previous season. Players like Foote and Thompson couldn't produce because Schmeltzer was our first line center often and he is a third line C level player. Gambardella is a winger and not good in center role. They tried to use Thompson as C and it wasn't good. 

On 7/16/2023 at 1:07 AM, Guadana said:

Tierny will help with depth. And two way deal is clearly the mark of his  potential role as Utica center, where we were very bad previous season. Players like Foote and Thompson couldn't produce because Schmeltzer was our first line center often and he is a third line C level player. Gambardella is a winger and not good in center role. They tried to use Thompson as C and it wasn't good. 

you know no other team will "snag" him when he's on waivers

3 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I got 7/9 today

I got 8/9.  The Seattle-Penguins one I had no shot…nothing came to me.

• Like 1