GDT: 03-01-2024 Devils @ Ducks 10:00 EST MSGSN

Rock

Sweep the trip and maybe there will be the start of something to talk about.

LGD

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 3

Also, Ducks are playing the night before, in San Jose. ย The Devils will have had TWO nights off. ย Absolutely NO excuses. ย 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Also, Ducks are playing the night before, in San Jose. ย The Devils will have had TWO nights off. ย Absolutely NO excuses. ย 

So 5-3 loss coming... late who gives a sh!t Smith goal under a minute to go, securing him firmly in Lindy's personal pantheon of greatest players of all time.

LFGD

Fire Lindy and Free Holtz

• Like 2

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like at times this team plays hockey for fun. I'm sure they want to win, but it's not always clear that they're trying as hard as they can to win a Stanley Cup.ย 

Look at last Game - we know San Jose is terrible, but the team clearly was playing different. Jack was a man playing like he's possessed. The team appeared to give it their all, and showed the offensive firepower we know they're capable of.ย 

Sometimes when you watch the guys skate, especially earlier this season, it looked like they were sort of going through the motions, or just playing in first or second gear. This team is so young and so skilled, sometimes I think they believe the game is supposed to be easy. This could also explain why they seem so disinterested in playing any type of physical game at all. They don't care about getting dirty and grinding.ย  At least not all the time. Because again, we've seen they can do it. I just want to see them do it more often / all the time.

Essentially, I want to see this team fvcking hungry.ย  Battle. Go to war.ย  Fight and earn the right to get into the post season, and, hopefully, win a Cup in the near future.ย 

It starts tonight.ย  Obliterate the sh!tty Ducks like we know you can. Put the rest of the league on notice that the Devils are here, and aren't going anywhere!

Edited by NJDfan1711
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Sometimes when you watch the guys skate, especially earlier this season, it looked like they were sort of going through the motions, or just playing in first or second gear. This team is so young and so skilled, sometimes I think they believe the game is supposed to be easy. This could also explain why they seem so disinterested in playing any type of physical game at all. They don't care about getting dirty and grinding.ย  At least not all the time. Because again, we've seen they can do it. I just want to see them do it more often / all the time.

Essentially, I want to see this team fvcking hungry.ย  Battle. Go to war.ย  Fight and earn the right to get into the post season, and, hopefully, win a Cup in the near future.ย 

This points DIRECTLY at coaching. DIRECTLY.

• Like 8

Devils playoff chances:

- control their destiny over the Lightning. (3 games in hand, 6 points back, will own tiebreaker of ROW if they win all 3 in hand)

- however they do not have control over Pitt or Wash. 1 game left against Pitt but none against Wash (so many wasted chances against them)

going to need help from teams to beat Carolina or Philly if thereโ€™s any hope of taking a top 3 division position.

ย 

just freaking win

• Like 1

The Devils have yet to go on a heater this season simply because of the goaltending, inexperienced D, forwards being injured and/or disappointing and, of course, Ruff.

With Tuesdays win, now is the time to get hot or the Devils can truly forget about the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, njbuff said:

The Devils have yet to go on a heater this season simply because of the goaltending, inexperienced D, forwards being injured and/or disappointing and, of course, Ruff.

With Tuesdays win, now is the time to get hot or the Devils can truly forget about the playoffs.

Captian Obvious GIFs | Tenor

Just bustin on ya...yeah, we've all been talking about this stuff for months, constantly.ย  It's why no matter what the standings suggest, it's really hard to see the Devils suddenly pulling things together enough to make the kind of run that they'll need to, to somehow squeak in.ย  I wanna believe.ย  Just wish ONE thing would point to them surprising the fvck outta us.

Hughes-Smith is still an awful pairing; they weren't good vs SJ, it forces one of them to play offhand and their five-on-five results have been really brutal:

Outscored 2-12 (14% goal share)
38% expected goal share
30% high-danger shot attempt share

And... Miller on outside looking in again? Stop the madness.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, nmigliore said:

And... Miller on outside looking in again? Stop the Lind-sanity.

FIFY

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, John Wensink said:

I just can't anymore. Most coach's decisions I can find some reason, even if I don't agree that makes sense. The Smith love baffles me.ย 

He seems to find the opportune time to score, he's a good penalty killer and he's probably the only player on this roster who brings "grit/toughness" so I'm hardly surprised Lindy loves him...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nmigliore said:

He seems to find the opportune time to score, he's a good penalty killer and he's probably the only player on this roster who brings "grit/toughness" so I'm hardly surprised Lindy loves him...

Exactly.ย  I'd prefer he play 4th line LW and drop Tierney (who's been not bad lately so I get it) and have Miller on D.ย  Smith is in the lineup because if he's not and other than Toffoli (who can actually defend himself) then what you have is the New Jersey Ice Capades.ย  Who's going to protect the figure skaters against Gudas/Johnston/McTavish?ย 

If they're rolling the same lines that they did in SJ, does that mean they're using 7 D again? I know it has Miller listed on the outside looking in, but he did play as the 7th D. And he also potted a goal.

Still not sure why he doesn't get stable minutes. He's been one of the better dmen thus season

• Like 1