Jack out for rest of season

John Wensink

1 minute ago, John Wensink said:

Least shocking news of the second half of the season. If you're optimistic, his play when hurt was pretty good.

For a guy with a bum shoulder, not too bad. But obviously not the Jack we all know and love. 

• Like 1

I’m surprised this wasn’t reported as “upper body surgery”.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Muevelos said:

Starting to worry about Jack and the injuries, he's very small which doesn't help obviously. Hope I'm just stressing for no reason 

He's a very young kid and his body is still growing and developing, as long as he keeps himself fit he'll be fine

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I’m surprised this wasn’t reported as “upper body surgery”.

Seriously...but even the Devils can't get away with total radio silence when it comes to their star attraction.

Shoulda just shelved him at the deadline after you cashed out by trading Toffoli and Miller.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, smelly said:

Told you this was coming on Jan 6. 

This should’ve been done weeks ago, but I guess Fitz wanted to wait until we were all but eliminated.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

Really goes to show you how special of a player Jack is. He was winning games for the team early in the season, and especially last season. He likely singlehandedly kept Lindy afloat for so long. But injured Jack couldn't quite do it, despite still being the team's best player. Hoping for a speedy recovery for him.

• Like 4

On 1/6/2024 at 12:59 PM, smelly said:

Take it for what it’s worth. If you think I’m full of it, then just ignore. 

I do not have any specifics info. But I was told generally that both Jack and Timo are going to be out for awhile.  The vibe was negative  

1 hour ago, smelly said:

Told you this was coming on Jan 6. 

You didn't though

30 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

It’s best to just ignore him.  Eliciting negative responses is his primary goal in coming here and defecating on the carpet.

Couldn't help myself

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

While his play has been impressive for someone with a bum shoulder, I'm also glad we have confirmation on why his play has dipped significantly from what it was to start the season.   Hopefully he gets all fixed up and is ready for the full reset in September.   

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Lateralous said:

While his play has been impressive for someone with a bum shoulder, I'm also glad we have confirmation on why his play has dipped significantly from what it was to start the season.   Hopefully he gets all fixed up and is ready for the full reset in September.   

Same.  Also hope that he doesn’t turn out to be one of those guys who misses 20 games or so every year.  The guy is SO damned talented.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Same.  Also hope that he doesn’t turn out to be one of those guys who misses 20 games or so every year.  The guy is SO damned talented.  

I'm really hoping his injuries turn into bumps and bruises when he hits his mid-20s, and that his shoulder doesn't become this chronic issue where every time he gets hit awkwardly, we're waiting with baited breath that he'll be out for 5 games because of a "UBI"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I know everyone's different but Quinn has barely missed any games so hopefully this is just a flume thing that he'll get past as he gets bigger and stronger as he ages. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I know everyone's different but Quinn has barely missed any games so hopefully this is just a flume thing that he'll get past as he gets bigger and stronger as he ages. 

Luke has taken some HUGE hits this season and hasn’t missed any time. So that’s encouraging. Especially considering the amount of minutes he plays. 

• Like 3

I think 6 months is a bit of an ambitious projection when it comes fo shoulder surgery. All depends what he needs done. 

Given the fact that he's a star athlete, probably will start rehabbing asap, he should be ready by training camp.

Fingers crossed.