GDT: Sabres @ Devils 12/29 7:00PM

Nicomo

Hynes sticking with the hot hand, Cory back in net (8th start in a row).

They have a chance for a perfect 6 game home stand against the struggling Sabres. 

Also, fan favorite Jacob Josefson’s first game back in NJ. I wonder if his video tribute will be as good as Rico’s. :lol: 

LGD

Edited by Nicomo
  • Like 1

Would looooooove to see them go 6-0-0 on this homestand...but in case they don't:

Remember that teams with bad records occasionally beat teams with good records.  

The Devils are STILL in single digits for regulation losses.  

So basically, if the Devils have an off-night tonight, don't kill 'em and pick them apart to death...cut 'em some slack.  They've earned it.

LET'S GO DEVILS!!!

• Like 4

Devils have played down to weaker opponents this season, but man do I hope we absolutely sh!t all over this team. I'm talking dirty as sh!t goals where Lehner is back running his mouth about conspiracies against them.

I also want Phil Housley to tell the media again how excited he is to get secondary scoring from a guy who put up 25 points total over his last 3+ seasons.

LFGD!

in case you're there tonight....

Chris Georgetti @cngmusic Dec 28

To my fellow @NJDevils fans: Tomorrow night will be the first time that I’ve sung in public since my father unexpectedly passed away last week. If you’re able to, sing with me tomorrow night. -Chris #NJDevilsNHL_2017_2018_NJDevils.png

https://twitter.com/cngmusic/status/946427910847639552

Edited by lucifer91
  • Like 6

39 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Devils have played down to weaker opponents this season, but man do I hope we absolutely sh!t all over this team. I'm talking dirty as sh!t goals where Lehner is back running his mouth about conspiracies against them.

I also want Phil Housley to tell the media again how excited he is to get secondary scoring from a guy who put up 25 points total over his last 3+ seasons.

LFGD!

I don't think of them as ever playing down to weaker opponents...more that they've battled injuries at times, and have some very young players in their lineup, and are figuring things out as they go.  What's great is that they've gone 22-9-5 in spite of all of that.  That's an impressive feat...for that reason I find to hard to kill this team for too much this season.  

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

I wonder if his video tribute will be as good as Rico’s. :lol: 

90% shootouts, 10% failing to score. 

I will be watching from home, was at the last game and would have gone tonight as well, but the wife wouldn't have let me get away with it. Let's keep doing what we're doing, minus maybe a little of letting Cory get shelled and him bailing us out. Maybe he could have an easy night tonight. He deserves it. 

Let's see Nico keep his hot hand going as well, scoring goals and whacking everyone with his stick (almost whacking, but still a penalty). 

LGD. 

LGDs. leave evander kane in NJ.. outside of hall nico palms. cory and maybe bratt.. take your pick of any and a 1 or 2 pick.. then  we trade for keith or karlsson and make a run for the cup this year!!!!  IM ALL IN, and obviously dfrinking martinis 

Edited by EdgeControl

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

LFGD!

Which player? (I don't keep up with the Sabres really).

14-1 Devils.

2 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Hynes sticking with the hot hand, Cory back in net (8th start in a row).

They have a chance for a perfect 6 game home stand against the struggling Sabres. 

Also, fan favorite Jacob Josefson’s first game back in NJ. I wonder if his video tribute will be as good as Rico’s. :lol: 

LGD

Supposedly the Devils had a tribute all ready to go, but the Sabres were concerned about Josefson either suffering an eye injury should he well up while watching, or a neck injury while craning to get a better view of the scoreboard.  The Devils insisted that the video was only about 20 seconds long, but the Sabres pleaded with them not to run it anyway.  Guess you do what you have to, to get a possible inside track on Evander Kane.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

yeah. kessell was a cancer too.. we need scoring and a strong 1D   same with P K... in a heartbeat

We do need a strong D. But to get someone of thag caliber we'll take steps backwards up front. We're just getting around to being solid up front I wouldn't want to part with anyone young up there plus alot more.

• Like 1

Just now, CarterforPresident said:

We do need a strong D. But to get someone of thag caliber we'll take steps backwards up front. We're just getting around to being solid up front I wouldn't want to part with anyone young up there plus alot more.

I just get anxious because drafting top defenseman is a 4-5 year process, and we wont be gettting a top 10 pick now that we're PO caliber .. fixing this D is going to be expensive or long, or both

1 minute ago, EdgeControl said:

I just get anxious because drafting top defenseman is a 4-5 year process, and we wont be gettting a top 10 pick now that we're PO caliber .. fixing this D is going to be expensive or long, or both

Your totally right, I understand that. I feel that there really isn't a perfect answer, all we can do is trust that Shero believes in our players and if not he'll make a move accordingly.

3 hours ago, EdgeControl said:

LGDs. leave evander kane in NJ.. outside of hall nico palms. cory and maybe bratt.. take your pick of any and a 1 or 2 pick.. then  we trade for keith or karlsson and make a run for the cup this year!!!!  IM ALL IN, and obviously dfrinking martinis 

No way that’s happening lol. Pretty sure Shero is comfortable with our group this season. He’ll make a run for John Carlson this summer though. I know it’s all fun + Martinis though ;) With that being said...LGD!!!!

Edited by Devs3cups