GDT: Blues @ Devils 7PM

Nicomo

39 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Cory in net tonight, against one of the best teams in the league...what could go wrong?

As much as I'd like to believe otherwise...I pretty much have this inked in as a loss.  

If Blackwood and the Devils can beat the Rangers tomorrow, I'll live with the waxing that's likely coming tonight.  There are just certain teams that have their way with the Devils, and the Blues are definitely one of them.

That being said...LGMFD!

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

Cory in net tonight, against one of the best teams in the league...what could go wrong?

He could not maintain his 0.957% save percentage over the last 3 games. 

Or, he could maintain it and we can't score again. 

Or a hundred other things that are probably more likely than us winning. But let's win anyway.

LGD

2 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

why Cory again? FFS. I hope we lose 7-6 with Nico getting a hat trick.

fvckoff with playing Cory so much

The Devils play again tomorrow night, against the Rangers.  I'd rather Mac get that game.  I have no issue with Cory getting tonight.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Would be happy to see us get a point tonight....obviously two would be better.  Really want a win tomorrow, though, and in regulation.  

Let's Go Devils.

This presupposes that it makes any difference how many points we get and that more would be better. But as a fan, I agree. Winning is better than losing. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

This presupposes that it makes any difference how many points we get and that more would be better. But as a fan, I agree. Winning is better than losing. 

I said I'd be fine with us getting a point not because it makes a difference how many we get and that more would be better, but rather because it would indicate a certain compete level, despite coming away with an OT or shootout loss. If we manage to take it that far and come away with a point (read: not get blown out 4-0 like many of us think is a reasonable expectation), then I would imagine we would have put forth a decent effort and gone toe to toe with one of the best teams in the league.  The point, in terms of the standings, is negligible. 

16 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Strong disagree. At this point in the season, a win is fun and a loss is fine. 

A loser point is just bad.

In regards to the standings, I agree.  In regards to the team showing they can be competitive, I think one point would show that. 

7 minutes ago, Devils Pride 26 said:

Schneider just doesn’t squeeze pucks. Deflection there but still. 

Did someone explain to him he can actually catch the puck with the glove?

Another bug/windshield game. At some point in this life time maybe we don't have to be the bug?  

Edited by titans04