GDT: Rangers vs Devils, 3/6/21, 1:00 PM, MSG+2

mfitz804

yet another season where this team is woefully short on talent and we need to continue to pray that there are some pleasant surprises  that can make an impact sooner rather than later. Some of the guys I thought I could count on to help move the needle here to me are now question marks and when the roster is paper thin to begin with that sucks.  And they could flush every vet at this point and I'm not sure they would be any worse off.  

Just another kick in the balls today.

Turn the page, burn yet another tape and pray.

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

I thought Dano's analysis was said nicely, but at least it was fair and honest. It was more honest than how Sal usually puts it.

Ha, I missed it. FIgures.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, titans04 said:

Ha, I missed it. FIgures.

It wasn't groundbreaking or anything. He just said the truth. They were bad and they need to be better. Guys are trying but it isn't good enough, and when Bastian and Maltsev are your two best players you have an issue considering talent on this team. The Rangers have a lot of good young talent, but the Devils also sucked(summing it up).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MB3 said:

biggest year to get a top pick. you absolutely need Luke Hughes

Maybe Jack realised if the team was to good this year they wouldn't stand a chance of drafting Luke. So he is sabotaging the team. 

i will try to be optimistic. I like how Maltsev play, I think Sharangovich is good enough to be a bottom-6 player. He has more goals and assists in his first year than Coleman and he is younger. I really like how Bastian play. I see a biggest problem in Zajac, Palms, Johnsson and Gusev`s game and I didnt think they are a part of our future. Blackwood isn`t in his best shape, but he cant be 94+ % goalie all the time.

• Like 2

I more in the jury is still out on Ruff but the roster seriously lacks talent.  Combination of vets blowing goats, young guys needing to grow and others that no matter how much they grow won't be good enough.  A very small handful of guys that could grow into something very special but the jury is still out there too.  Hence the sh!tshow we're being subjected to more often than not again this season.

11 minutes ago, Brewskies said:

Someone else would take his job and do the same. Are you sure you just don't like Dano as the analysis?

I love Dano. I just wish he wouldn’t try and sugarcoat literal sh!t. Call sh!t what it is- sh!t.

3 minutes ago, titans04 said:

I more in the jury is still out on Ruff but the roster seriously lacks talent.  Combination of vets blowing goats, young guys needing to grow and others that no matter how much they grow won't be good enough.  A very small handful of guys that could grow into something very special but the jury is still out there too.  Hence the sh!tshow we're being subjected to more often than not again this season.

Especially on the blue line, we are lacking in talent. I was all for Butcher getting a shot, and he hasn't been too good. 

I'm disappointed that McLeod-Bastian-Wood stopped bringing it.

Just now, Jerrydevil said:

Especially on the blue line, we are lacking in talent. I was all for Butcher getting a shot, and he hasn't been too good. 

I'm disappointed that McLeod-Bastian-Wood stopped bringing it.

On that topic, it appears McLeod was not the sole problem that caused the previous loss after all. 

😂