GDT - Devils vs Penguins 12/19/21 7:00pm MSG+

NJDfan1711

Man if this team was in a major media market Ruff's seat would be lava-hot right now, and this team's poor fvcking performance would be constant news.

But alas, here we are tired with Buffalo I believe, now behind the Islanders (lol) and Flyers (double lol).

This franchise is an embarrassment.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Man if this team was in a major media market Ruff's seat would be lava-hot right now, and this team's poor fvcking performance would be constant news.

But alas, here we are tired with Buffalo I believe, now behind the Islanders (lol) and Flyers (double lol).

It’s like here in Montreal. As long as seats get filled, they don’t care about the rest.

We are only 26th in the league. There's still room left to "grow".

On a serious note. I feel for the boys for not getting rewarded for their efforts. They literally have to earn every scoring opportunity whereas the opposition mostly punish them for almost every mistake they make. No doubt, those mistakes is a mixture of bad coaching, lack of experience, poor skill and brain farts, but it's not the indifference. Tough stuff.

Edited by Devs64
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Any media would be helpful. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I haven't heard too much about this year's draft class.  However, from what I have heard, Wright is likely going to be one of the weaker first overall forwards.

Next year is the year you want to win the lottery. Bedard and Michkov are both elite, franchise changing talents. 

22 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I haven't heard too much about this year's draft class.  However, from what I have heard, Wright is likely going to be one of the weaker first overall forwards.

That would fit our pattern. No knock to Nico and Jack but damn a Matthews or McDavid at number one would have been nice if we’re back to hoping for #1 picks again

18 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Next year is the year you want to win the lottery. Bedard and Michkov are both elite, franchise changing talents. 

Keep trusting the process. 

45 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yep. Bedard is small though, the only knock on him. I think he's around 5' 9". Unless he grows between now and next year. 

As for our first overalls, I'm not as worried about Hughes but I am concerned about Hischier. If he's already hit his ceiling that would really be a disappointment. Hopefully a different staff can figure out how to get more out of his game. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

lol’ing at the idea of the devils having 3 first overall picks down the middle and still being a laughingstock. we the oilers now

difference is that they got legit superstars out of their first overalls and top picks but yet couldn't build something around them.

While we objectively landed some of the worse top picks in recent history

4 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Fluery hasn't played for Pit since 2017.

True but he was there for 3 Cup wins and would get into the HHoF based on his Pittsburgh numbers alone (even though was uneven in the playoffs for his career there, and was the backup during the second Cup playoff run).  In other words, you'd happily take a career like that from a #1OA-selected goalie.  

7 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

True but he was there for 3 Cup wins and would get into the HHoF based on his Pittsburgh numbers alone (even though was uneven in the playoffs for his career there, and was the backup during the second Cup playoff run).  In other words, you'd happily take a career like that from a #1OA-selected goalie.  

Ah, I thought the topic was last night, missed the overall drafting context.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Devs64 said:

On a serious note. I feel for the boys for not getting rewarded for their efforts. They literally have to earn every scoring opportunity whereas the opposition mostly punish them for almost every mistake they make. 

If the Devils regularly played with the energy they played with last night, the team wouldn’t be swirling the drain. As infuriating as the mistakes are, the lackluster hockey is worse.