• Draft Slafkovsky
    • Draft Nemec
    • Draft Jiricek
    • Trade down
    • Trade for immediate help
    • Draft Cooley
    • Other

Just now, devlman said:

I don’t understand why people can’t let those who don’t like the pick, vent. Is it really a horrendously bad take to not like the selection? Can you really not see the ‘this pick is very disappointing’ perspective?

Because MB3 controls what everyone can say and if he doesn't like it then he will call you names. People don't like it when they're called names so they call names back and MB3 has everyone down in the dirt with him

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NJD16W said:

This is exactly what the reaction would have looked like in 2017 if the Devils would have drafted Makar over Hischier & Patrick.

All I have to say is if this guy isn’t an elite defenseman I don’t want to hear crying ever again about waah Nico isn’t Makar cause they literally did the opposite of going with chalk here. Not only did they do that but they admitted that Nemec was a need pick which is a huge red flag to me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, moustic said:

I knew this forum 100% but i'm still so sad seeing how much people can dig hard to feel annoyed, sad ... Wanting to be right is one thing but be so sure that we are fvcked while taking what appear to be a really good player that will help us (and i have no idea when he will... but no one really know for sure)

It's tough trying enjoying this draft with all this hate, doom & gloom.

No idea if that pick was the right move, but no one really know. I will take the option at being optimistic. Because... Why not ? 

It’s very disappointing and upsetting when the team you love and followed for over 30 years have become a complete shell of itself inside of 10 years.  We went from a proud franchise to one where we are constantly planning for a better day that never comes.  Couple that with owners who have allowed the arena to slowly rot (half the concessions closed, lights off certain areas, fixtures still not fixed, etc) and you got a perfect storm of misery 

I want to be wrong about this team with every inch and bone of my body.  Unfortunately they have proven me right far more than wrong in the past 3-4 years.  I used to be hopeful with the regime change that started with new owners in 2013 and GM in 2015, but those good times have been washed away by the harsh reality.  I am not allowing this team to get my hopes up anymore and I’m not going to say things are rosy when things are rotten at the core.

2 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Yeah man, an organization with Dougie Hamilton as their only solid D-Man UNIVERALLY fvcked up by picking a top-5 D pick, totally 

Right and Hamilton is going to be spending some of his best years on a basement dweller because of these future potential top 5 d-men

• Like 2

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

I am more curious....do you think Nemec was always the pick or do you think NJ was going Slaf if he was there?

I think we'd go Slaf if he was there. I'd like to think Fitz wants size with our centers....

I'm also desperately optimistic right now....

Find it absolutely impossible to get even remotely excited about draft picks. I basically say the same thing every year, I hope the guy that I've barely seen play turns out to be good. 

I am absolutely sick of the draft being the only thing our pathetic franchise looks forward to every year though. Hopefully we don't suck again this season. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Lmao we have people calling this a "disaster", saying he's at-best a 3rd pairing defenseman, saying my wife is so fvcking hot it's unreal. Everyone is saying it! Look! Literally everyone! 

Your wife is mid TBH.  Only you and a drunk Daneyko think she’s super hot which is sweet

Edited by DevsMan84

Just now, jagknife said:

They're in what their second attempt at a rebuild too without fully giving up on Kane and Toews

We could also be Buffalo...

Why would Kane want to stay?Toews isn't good anymore, they gave up the young talent to push the rebuild out even further. I'm with Weekes I don't think the Debrincat trade will be one Chicago looks back on fondly.

I wanted Slaf, but you can't always get what you want, having the # 1 picks means you can, Devils fans should understand that fact by now, but I guess some people don't.

I think it's quite obvious that Wright has some issues in his game that scouts & executives detected and so he fell from sure fire #1 to 4 in a non great top of the draft year. Cooley when you compare him to recent USA kids, his numbers don't live up to those recent players, let alone his size being not a great fit on this team. Unless you want to go way off the board for the kid the Flyers took, a trade or a D was the likely outcome here. Nemec will take time, but he will be playing over here in the AHL, and who knows those things he needs to improve on, maybe he is ready by next year or even some games this season.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, devlman said:

We used the SECOND OVERALL on a player who will be behind Dougie Hamilton and Luke Hughes, maybe Muk, Severson.

Basically, we used it on a guy who will be a third pair dman in two years if we’re lucky.

This one should be marked as one of those “was he right or was he wrong” posts to check in a few years. 

6 minutes ago, devlman said:

I don’t understand why people can’t let those who don’t like the pick, vent. Is it really a horrendously bad take to not like the selection? Can you really not see the ‘this pick is very disappointing’ perspective?

Not to mention this franchise doesn’t deserve any benefit of the doubt. But sure just keep picking finesse D because puckmoving looks great in analytic stats.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1