GDT: Sharks @ Devils 1PM 10/22

Nicomo

Starting the thread now, as I’m not sure I’ll be able to watch the game live (I really hate day games). 

Probably the lines we can expect to see unless Zetterlund draws in for Boqvist. I continue to question Ruff having Holtz on the 4th line, and playing Smith instead of Bahl, but we’ll see.

Sounds like Brunette was working on the power play at lot yesterday. 

Let’s keep this thing rolling.

LGD

• Like 3

LGMFD!

Not so sure that Holtz playing with friggin’ McLeod is a good thing, but can’t really make much of a case for him deserving Top 6 minutes either.  Feels like it’s only a matter of time before he’s back in Utica…at least he’ll get a lot more time there.  Also feels more and more like it’s just not his time yet…especially when the team’s best five periods came when he wasn’t on the ice.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

LGMFD!

Not so sure that Holtz playing with friggin’ McLeod is a good thing, but can’t really make much of a case for him deserving Top 6 minutes either.  Feels like it’s only a matter of time before he’s back in Utica…at least he’ll get a lot more time there.  Also feels more and more like it’s just not his time yet…especially when the team’s best five periods came when he wasn’t on the ice.  

mcleod can skate and with boqvist it not a checking line ... these three have to prove they belong.. make something happen fellas

Holtz on the 4th line doesn't make much sense to me either, my guess is it's Lindy trying to give him an appropriate amount of ice time (i.e. not taking away time from other guys who've earned it or been with the team longer), more than it is pairing him with complimentary linemates. 

I don't mind Smith over Back though.  Smith had looked pretty good so far, using his body and making some decent plays. He's a veteran too, so I don't see any way they sit him.  It wouldn't have made sense to bring him on board just to make him the 7th D-man. 

Hoping we can keep the good vibes flowing and string together a third straight win.  I'd really like to see if we can play as solid as we did last game, both offensively and especially defensively.   

Let's Go Devils. 

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Couldn’t disagree more. He’s easily been our worst player through 4 games. And it’s not particularly close. 

I dunno, I admittedly haven't been watching him like a hawk so it's entirely possible I've missed some things, but I don't particularly recall him making any major gaffes, but I can recall a couple solid defensive plays him knocking the puck away from opponents who would've had a good scoring chance, and I've also seen him use his body and be physical too. 

Regardless, I still don't see Ruff swapping him for Bahl just 4 games into the season.  Dude is 33 years old, we brought him in for his veteran presence.  He isn't sitting for an unproven 22yr old at this point in the season.

21 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Regardless, I still don't see Ruff swapping him for Bahl just 4 games into the season.  Dude is 33 years old, we brought him in for his veteran presence.  He isn't sitting for an unproven 22yr old at this point in the season.

Kind hard to prove yourself without playing. I mean, the coaches also see these guys in practice, so I get there’s more to it, but I thought Bahl looked good against the Islanders. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I dunno, I admittedly haven't been watching him like a hawk so it's entirely possible I've missed some things, but I don't particularly recall him making any major gaffes, but I can recall a couple solid defensive plays him knocking the puck away from opponents who would've had a good scoring chance, and I've also seen him use his body and be physical too. 

There was at least one turnover right behind the net that directly led to a goal in the Flyers game. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Ohh Bastian being hurt makes sense. I remember watching him play the other night and he was clearly struggling

Of all the 4th liners, he generally looks the best out there and he was kind of invisible in a bad way last game. 

46 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Kind hard to prove yourself without playing. I mean, the coaches also see these guys in practice, so I get there’s more to it, but I thought Bahl looked good against the Islanders. 

I was thinking that we'd see 7 defensemen again with Bastian missing practice. 

Edited by RizzMB30

10 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

I was thinking that we'd see 7 defensemen again with Bastian missing practice. 

Possibly, but I hope Ruff doesn’t fall too in love with doing that (rolling 3 lines that is). I don’t want Jack and Nico getting burned out. Especially when so much of our hopes are tied up in those 2 staying healthy. 

Edited by Nicomo
  • Like 1

Audio on the MSG pregame is a full 2 seconds or so behind the picture. It’s like watching an old karate movie. 

EDIT: All my channels were. Rebooted and it’s fixed. I just assumed since the game audio is always off. 

Edited by mfitz804

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

Possibly, but I hope Ruff doesn’t fall too in love with doing that (rolling 3 lines that is). I don’t want Jack and Nico getting burned out. Especially when so much of our hopes are tied up in those 2 staying healthy. 

I just heard on the broadcast that they are running the 11/7 again today.