Trade Deadline Targets: Discuss

mikepeluso8

On 2/22/2023 at 5:28 PM, Nicomo said:

I have no idea what he would cost. I just see him as a decent option if they have to pivot away from Meier. 

Of course. I see a lot of options. post was about first round pick.

Btw I would be ok to trade for Hayes 1st round pick, if philly are ready to retain.

Edited by Guadana

13 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Orlov is good.  Always liked him.  Hard not to think the Cup is all but a certainty for them at this point.  

Nothing is certain, but they seem to be even better than before. Hathaway is great to stick on your fourth line in the playoffs and Orlov is a good defenseman, like you said.

If Washington is waving the white flag, does Fitz need to check on Tom Wilson's availability?

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

Nothing is certain, but they seem to be even better than before. Hathaway is great to stick on your fourth line in the playoffs and Orlov is a good defenseman, like you said.

If Washington is waving the white flag, does Fitz need to check on Tom Wilson's availability?

If Timo falls through, Wilson is the kind of a-hole you want on your side for sure. I haven’t seen him play since his injury but 5 points in 10 games isn’t bad for a guy who is there for muscle. 

Edited by Devil Dan 56
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

If Timo falls through, Wilson is the kind of a-hole you want on your side for sure. I haven’t seen him play since his injury but 5 points in 10 games isn’t bad for a guy who is there for muscle. 

Tom Wilson on our side in a playoff series against the Rags? Where the fvck do I sign?!??!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

As I’m driving to work, what I’ve been thinking about LAT (life after timo):

If we are destined for the rangers first round, i want guys in here that will hit and punish them and annoy the living sh!t out of them like 2012. We wore them down and got tertiary scoring from our bottom 6, specifically the CBGB line.

Currently, while absolutely ice cold, McLeod and Bastian at least played hard and with grit. We need a replacement for Wood, but I doubt Fitz will do what’s necessary there. But we 100% need another big body in the bottom lines.

We also need another defender to supplement Bahl and put Smith in his rightful spot of being a healthy scratch and occasional fill in.

Luke and or Nemec are not the size guys we need for this nor should we ask that of them. They have specific roles they’ll fill when their time comes.

But Tarasenko is fragile and the “Kid Line” are mental midgets. We need to hit them hard, early and often, but we don’t have the complimentary players to do it right now.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, jagknife said:

As I’m driving to work, what I’ve been thinking about LAT (life after timo):

If we are destined for the rangers first round, i want guys in here that will hit and punish them and annoy the living sh!t out of them like 2012. We wore them down and got tertiary scoring from our bottom 6, specifically the CBGB line.

Currently, while absolutely ice cold, McLeod and Bastian at least played hard and with grit. We need a replacement for Wood, but I doubt Fitz will do what’s necessary there. But we 100% need another big body in the bottom lines.

We also need another defender to supplement Bahl and put Smith in his rightful spot of being a healthy scratch and occasional fill in.

Luke and or Nemec are not the size guys we need for this nor should we ask that of them. They have specific roles they’ll fill when their time comes.

But Tarasenko is fragile and the “Kid Line” are mental midgets. We need to hit them hard, early and often, but we don’t have the complimentary players to do it right now. 

I don't disagree about the size part and how a big body can and will help us , I'm just not sure how we can address that and who's available to help. 

I do also think, at this time, we are equally as fast and as skilled, if not more so, than the Rags. They're definitely fast and have a lot of weapons, especially with the additions of Tarasenko and Orlov, but there's a very good chance if we meet them in any round, that it will come down to a combination of goaltending and coaching. Matching Shesterkin will be tough, but Vanacek has been great all season so I'm confident he can do it.  So a key difference maker may in fact be how Ruff has the guys playing. We've been at our best this season when we've played responsible hockey; sound defense, limited turnovers, and few penalties. We can do that without adding a big body, which I'm ok with if the deal isn't right. 

2 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I don't disagree about the size part and how a big body can and will help us , I'm just not sure how we can address that and who's available to help. 

I do also think, at this time, we are equally as fast and as skilled, if not more so, than the Rags. They're definitely fast and have a lot of weapons, especially with the additions of Tarasenko and Orlov, but there's a very good chance if we meet them in any round, that it will come down to a combination of goaltending and coaching. Matching Shesterkin will be tough, but Vanacek has been great all season so I'm confident he can do it.  So a key difference maker may in fact be how Ruff has the guys playing. We've been at our best this season when we've played responsible hockey; sound defense, limited turnovers, and few penalties. We can do that without adding a big body, which I'm ok with if the deal isn't right. 

Orlov went to Boston 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Fansinz88 said:

I’d at least call on tom Wilson. Signed through next season I believe for reasonable cap hit. He’d be perfect to piss the rangers off and rag doll sliced bread again. 

Yeah Wilson signed through next year at 5.1667AAV. He does have a 7-team NTC but would be a great addition depending on his health. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

fight club quote GIF

Another player demanding to go to the Rangers thereby lowering their trade value and another team eagerly jumping up to help with the Rags cap issues. Shocking. 

Also shocking the Rangers go for the shiniest toy, even if that's not necessarily what they really need.  Let 'em have Kane.

Sucks for the Blackhawks in that it's either find a way to send him off to the Rangers or potentially lose him for nothing, but can't say that's an organization that I have much sympathy for.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Henriqued said:

Yeah Wilson signed through next year at 5.1667AAV. He does have a 7-team NTC but would be a great addition depending on his health. 

Make the call Fitz. I would want this more than Meier even if Mercer wasn’t a want for San Jose. Wilson is in the heads of the rangers plus other teams. He took a shot off his ankle that hurts. But he’s not out that long. Plus coming off ACL his price tag wouldn’t be that high I assume. Not sure if Washington is even taking calls on him. But we should keep calling. 

And I believe he’d wave a no trade to come here if we are on it. Washington is mailing it in. We are in the upswing. And he’s only 29 I think. 

• Like 1

Just now, Fansinz88 said:

Make the call Fitz. I would want this more than Meier even if Mercer wasn’t a want for San Jose. Wilson is in the heads of the rangers plus other teams. He took a shot off his ankle that hurts. But he’s not out that long. Plus coming off ACL his price tag wouldn’t be that high I assume. Not sure if Washington is even taking calls on him. But we should keep calling. 

I think they’d keep him to “protect” Ovie as he chases Gretzky, but I 100% would ask.

he’s the piece of trash you don’t want against your team but goddamn would I love him to be on ours now that he’s settled down from being such a dirty player

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

I think they’d keep him to “protect” Ovie as he chases Gretzky, but I 100% would ask.

he’s the piece of trash you don’t want against your team but goddamn would I love him to be on ours now that he’s settled down from being such a dirty player

Yeah if he's healthy enough to play, you could do a lot worse.

• Like 3